100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 06-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Chat Slapper

Default Maddona

Am i the only person this young lady is p!ss!ng off. Comes over here buys a country estate and then trys to ban people from walking on HER land even though we have the right to roam. Even claims the right to roam is a breach of her civil rights.
If you want to live in this country abide by its laws, and if they dont suit you fu(k off back where you came from.
Rant mode off.
Later
Old 06-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Sorry mate but the thing is this, the laws on common land and public rights of way etc were passed many many moons ago and do not really take into account modern ways of life,the majority of the people she has complained about are just sad gits trying to get a glimpse of a super star,if the ball was in the other court i.e. if somebody found a 200 year old map that showed a public footpath running through your property,would you be happy to take down all your fences or walls just to allow strangers to walk through your garden ?
These laws are ancient and need updating desperately,this is the 21st century not the 18th.
If you agree that she or anybody else have no right to stop people using rights of way, then how come the national trust have put up fences and charge people to walk round stonehenge,or lands end etc etc.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

No you are not the only one. Perhaps she should stand by the house and act (like her film acting) that should make everybody piss off. Just like the cinema then!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

As a country girl and keen rambler and fell walker I agree with Boab, but I also agree with Dusty that the law needs to be updated.

For 16 years my dad would take us for a Sunday afternoon walk through the countryside near where we lived. I left home, got married, had kids, and 3 or 4 years after I'd last been I decided to take my kids for a walk there.

Folk from the city had bought the farm and turned into one of those country retreats. The put a fence across the public footpath (also a bridle path) and extended the path which was inside the fence so that it became a yard. Legally it was still a path so they had to install an unlocked gate for the walkers. Which was fine if not a little inconvenient. Unfortunately the viscious guard dog which they let roam the area didn't help. Now that path is no longer used. To me this is very selfish, everyone had a right to enjoy that area, not just the greedy landowners. The farmers are fine so long as you stick to the rules, it's the new landowners who create the problems.

In this case I do think Madonna wants to try and stop sightseers rather than be selfish and greedy, but she has 1200 acres, most of which she can fence off for privacy. Is she being bloodyminded?

then again when did the media ever report anything accurately or without bias?

don't believe a thing you read in newspapers lmao
Old 06-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Chat Slapper

Default Yeah

Dont get me wrong here, everybody has a right to privacy, but the right to roam laws passed last year give "we the people" the right to wander, causing no harm on uncultivated land, leave nothing but footprints take nothing but photos.
If you own large areas of land away from your dwelling what harm can it do to let people walk on it, in Madonnas case where she feels privacy is a problem, fence off the area round the dwelling where people are not wanted.
Problem sloved.
No more court cases taking up time that could be better used to put Crimanals behind bars, and no more whinging about the laws of a country she has decided to live in.
Later