100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 04-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Chatter Box

Default "DIRECT ACTION" issue 52

Help me out here people ,In 100% I expect to see some very weird things.Bring them on I love it the crazyer the better. But sorry Pat think you lost the plot with this one .June the 6th slow lane M25,bring your banners ???????. Please leave the politics to the tabloids,I dont need it in my favorite MAG THANKS.
Old 04-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default direct action

Trouble is mate,if we all left it to somebody else nothing would ever get done,with you being a trucker an all that,you should realise that whilst UK truckers need to or have to work 50-60 hours a week and sleep in lay-bys with nowhere to wash or p*ss,or pay £15 a night to park.all our european truckers work 40 hours max,have proper rest facilities all over the country and can park at all service stations for free.that is a result of direct action on the part of mainly french lorry drivers.They didn't get that by sitting back and leaving it to the tabloids.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:45 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via MSN to Zeek
Thumbs up

Well said Dusty.......Havin driven trucks all over the friggin place (here, abroad & even in the USA).......this country treats truckers as the lowest of the low.............& look what was acheived during the fuel/ tax protests...........c'mon High tower ......get real eh !
Old 04-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Chat Slapper

Location: locked in the cupboard where it's warm till spring comes

Its not just for truckers, its for anyone/everyone to show their displeasure with the way this government is running this country into the ground.
I published it cos I thought it interesting, It was sent into me by a biker, someone I know, so I knew it was okay and not BNP or something, I'm not the morals police, I publish what I 'think' you lot maybe interested in whether I agree or disagree with it.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:53 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via MSN to Zeek

Fair do's Pat .........but wouldnt mind bettin that mainly truckers are involved on the day.........we will see.........
Old 04-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to UKRobKLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollypooface
It was sent into me by a biker, someone I know, so I knew it was okay and not BNP or something, :
Isnt the BNP as valid as any other Political Party? Or is freedom of speach only available to certain people?
Old 04-05-2004, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek
Fair do's Pat .........but wouldnt mind bettin that mainly truckers are involved on the day.........we will see.........
I thought it had been found out this is a hoax?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:01 PM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKRobKLR650
Isnt the BNP as valid as any other Political Party? Or is freedom of speach only available to certain people?
Indeed, one of the fundamentals of this country is the ability for anyone to become an MP. All you need is your deposit and the people to vote for you.
The problem with the main parties in this country is that they dont do what they promise to do to get your vote.
As far as the BNP are concerned i know little about them apart from what i hear on mainstream news and in the newspapers, and i dont think even they would put their election promises into practice, cynical perhaps but there you go.
As for the M25 go slow protest, i can see the merit in it.
Later
Old 04-05-2004, 05:32 PM
Chatter Box

I always seem to crawl along the M25 in either direction.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Chatter Box

I have been punching a wagon up and down this fair land for over 30 years .Yes it is not getting any better ,Yes the french have a better time of it. Yes we SHOULD be doing somrthing about it. Do I want to read about it in my favourite CUSTOM BIKE MAGAZINE ------NO----. There are plenty of publications out there that will love to wave the flag , Cause mayhem on 6th of june. But as that is a SUNDAY at 10:30 in the mourning ,When most TRUCKERS are in the land of nod trying to catch up on some much needed shut eye.Better to do it on the sunday night ,Cause a real "GRID LOCK" .Do it on a MONDAY mourning ,when all your suits are trying to start there week.My only complaint is I dont want to read it in 100% BIKER. I bought the mag to read about CUSTOM BIKES AND TRIKES. Having said all that I will be heading for the M25 on the 6th june ,And in my TRUCK . No protest but could shore do with the overtime,see ya there.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:46 AM
Chat Slapper

Location: locked in the cupboard where it's warm till spring comes
Default Blue

No it really isnt a hoax, I know one of the organisers, I' did call him when a hoax was mentioned before and he has confirmed it isnt. He wouldnt have paid for ads in some of the mainstream mags etc if it was. I also have en email address if you need it.
As for the BNP yes Rob they are entitled to their opinions just like everyone else, I just wanted to make folk aware that this was no one of their doo's and is organised by bikers.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollypooface
No it really isnt a hoax, I know one of the organisers, I' did call him when a hoax was mentioned before and he has confirmed it isnt. He wouldnt have paid for ads in some of the mainstream mags etc if it was. I also have en email address if you need it.
Fairy nuff.
Old 21-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Chat Slapper

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikerboab
Indeed, one of the fundamentals of this country is the ability for anyone to become an MP. All you need is your deposit and the people to vote for you.
The problem with the main parties in this country is that they dont do what they promise to do to get your vote.
As far as the BNP are concerned i know little about them apart from what i hear on mainstream news and in the newspapers, and i dont think even they would put their election promises into practice, cynical perhaps but there you go.
As for the M25 go slow protest, i can see the merit in it.
Later
Lets hope for everyones sake they don't get in or put their promises into action. You lot including myself would certainly not have anymore rallies to go to or indeed bikes on which to ride to them. There would no longer be freedom of speach, no unions. It would become a police state.
Old 21-07-2004, 04:47 PM
Need to Get out More!

[QUOTE=Trikerboab]
As far as the BNP are concerned i know little about them apart from what i hear on mainstream news and in the newspapers, and i dont think even they would put their election promises into practice, cynical perhaps but there you go.[/orQUOTE]

My mate is regional organiser for the BNP (biker, university educated, non-racist, good job - he's just fed up with the bull from the 'main' parties...) - the mainstream media have managed to twist pretty much everything they show about the BNP!
Old 21-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Hey! Wouldn't it be a really great idea if they actually made it a "Go Fast" Protest around the M25? Instead of doing it During the day do it at midnight!

Start one side of the QE2 bridge tear arse round to the Tunnel, then block the tunnel/Bridge. One lot of protesters go one way round, and another lot go in the opposite direction!