100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 20-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default I guess 'he' won't be goin' home .... not for a while anyhow

For the last year or so that he was in the band we had said he was headin' for a fall. Russell (seen here top right) seemed to think he was never gonna get caught.

He didn't touch drink or drugs when I first met him but that changed over the next couple of years. On the way to record an album with Kane & Co. I remember Russell bein' in the queue in front of me for customs at Cinccinati airport before we boarded our internal flight to Nashville. We'd all said to him before "For fucI<s sake don't take any drugs into the States" but Russell is Russell. We stood in the queue an' he was visibly shaken. I looked past him to see a dog an' it's handler at the desk. "You better be prayin' that's 'Semtex' the bomb dog on duty today" I said, astounded at his stupidity. He didn't get caught then which probably only inflated his feelin' of invunerability.

I wrote the song 'So Many Miles To Go' off my last album after an inspirin' line (not that s[n]ort!) he'd said durin' a conversation in his kitchen a couple of years ago after a chance meetin'. When he told me what he was thinkin' about doin' I said "What happens when you get caught?".

He replied with what turned out to be the inspirin' line that started me writin' that song ....

"I guess I won't be goin' home"

Well, now he won't for a while ......

Country musician jailed for cocaine dealing

Saturday, 15th October 2005, 10:42Category: Crime and Punishment

LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - A former Country & Western musician caught with more than £146,000 of cocaine by undercover police has been jailed for seven years.

Russell Raisey, 45, the former lead guitarist with band Kane & Co, who had "achieved some fame” in the mid-1990's, acted as the “trusted” courier for a Colombian drugs cartel meeting drug 'mules.'

The former Goldsmith College music lecturer was sucked into a life of crime after his cocaine habit got out of control following an illness to his wife in 2002.

The father-of-two was caught red-handed as he met his two co-defendants, Spanish national Vicente Vega, 31, and Colombian refugee Diego Giron-Ramirez, 30, outside an east London tube station, Snaresbrook Crown Court heard.

Raisey was caught by undercover police who had been tailing him on July 1 this year.

He was spotted in his car meeting his two co-defendants outside Upney Tube station, near Barking, and when officers swooped they found more than 784g stashed in the glove box of his car which he had picked up earlier.

A further 335g was found in the footwell that Vega had brought with him stashed in a blue plastic bag.

Raisey, of Norn Hill, Basingstoke, Hampshire, and who had no previous convictions, pleaded guilty to possession of 784g of pure cocaine with intent to supply. He also admitted being concerned with the supply of a further 335 grams of pure cocaine at a plea and directions hearing on September 1.

Vega and Giron-Ramirez pleaded guilty to supplying 335 grams of pure cocaine.

Sentence Raisey, Judge Simon Wilkinson Said: “These were grave offences. You were in possession of one kilogram in its pure form. You were trusted sufficiently to pick these drugs up, to test them and then to deliver them on. This operation in which you were engaged was an ongoing one.

“Inevitably these offences are so serious only a custodial sentence can be justified.”

Judge Wilkinson went on to jail Vega of Camberwell Green, and Giron-Ramirez, of Greenwich, both south east London, for four-and-a-half years each.

Alison Barker, prosecuting, said: “Raisey was seen waiting outside Upney tube station, Barking, in a Volkswagen Golf.

“Vega, who was carrying a blue plastic bag, was seen walking up to the car with Ramirez.

“Police thought something was going on so they stopped the car as it started to drive away. One of the officers raised his ASP and ran shouting ‘Police!’

“Raisey knew his number was up, put up his hands and was pulled out of the car and told to lie on the ground.”

Raisey immediately confessed to officers there were three kilos of ‘cut’ cocaine stashed in the car – of which one kilo was pure.

When quizzed at Dagenham Police Station, Raisey told detectives “I am a big boy now, the reality is legally speaking I’m in very deep trouble.”

Raisey told police how he had been shot at in the past, but enjoyed working for the Colombian drug dealers.

Raisey’s life, described as “varied and colourful” by his barrister Michael Orsulik, included recording an album in Nashville, Tennessee; working as a chartered surveyor; working on atomic weapons for the MoD; and at recording studios in Reading and London during the 1980s.

In 1998 he worked as a nursing assistant before giving the job up to care for his wife, who suffers from manic
depression, and he descended into debt and drug addiction
Old 20-10-2005, 02:05 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

good job you ain't in his gang anymore then stevie - he's a naughty boy innit

Old 20-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Jay

Interesting what makes people do stuff (no pun intended).