View Poll Results: Should this country legalise marjuana
yes 12 60.00%
no 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default legalise marjuana?

Should we or not..

With New Zealand, parts of America and other countries voting to legalise marijuana should this country follow suit.

We all kid about smoking pot and some of us have tried it, myself included..back in the sixties I was sent to Viet Nam at the height of the war to deliver what I was told was napalm to the Americans, my route took me past the town of Idris in Libya where a taxi driver sold me a block of canabis that must have weighed over a pound for 5...Cutting a quarter inch piece and heating it over silver paper until it smoked then crumbling it into a rothmans cigarette became a habit during my three visits to the war zone and I could lay on the deck at night with a joint and watch the jets fly overhead and see the pretty coloured explosions on the nearby mountainside..

Then one day I had to cross the tanks to head towards the front of the ship to collect my pay, a few steps across the walkway I realised with horror I had a lighted joint in my mouth, I could have killed us all..

That was the last time I smoked a joint..

Sure it takes all the stress away, but don't forget, it takes all the stress away, we need stress to keep us on our toes, we take enough risks just riding, imagine not caring who or what you ride into..

So that is one reason why I would vote against legalising marjuana..another is that many of us have finally managed to give up smoking, we would have to start again to use pot..

the final one is that the normal price for buying legal marjuana is about 200 per ounce.

So what is your considered opinion, should we legalise it or not?

John.
Old 15-12-2013, 04:18 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

It should be available on NHS for medical reasons...
Old 15-12-2013, 08:03 PM
Administrator

I have seen violent drunks. I have never seen a violent pothead.

(two packs of crisps and a mars bar were sacrificed to make this post)
Old 15-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Chatter Box

Never tried , don't like the smell. Had lots of mates that smoked it and still had fairly normal lives. In my job I put support in place for a lot of people who are to off their faces to maintain much normality. So for me the jury's out, no strong opinion either way. Agree with Pat that it should be legalised for medical purposes.
Old 15-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Chatter Box

Default Never really taken to it

so have no vested interest as it were. But I've never heard a compelling reason not to. Some people say it will cause more accidnets, etc, but booze is legal and not a leading cause of death on the roads. Some give you that whole "slippery slope" stuff; but not every drinker is a drunk, nor every person who eats bread turns to pizza and then chronic obesity follows.

The medical thing for me is a no-brainer that is beyond belief - you can have heroin perscribed (diamorphine) but not cannabis for glaucoma or arthritis.
Old 15-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Chat Pimp

good for pain relief so yes medically

as for smoking it,well i don't smoke but you can crumble it into yogurt or bake it in buns.....or so I'm told
Old 15-12-2013, 11:00 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Send a message via MSN to excalibur

If it puts the price up then no, it costs enough nowadays as it is. But if we are allowed to grow our own and avoid excise duty like with homebrew I might be in favour.
Old 16-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via AIM to Choprocker Send a message via MSN to Choprocker

nope, cos all the idiot chav wankers smoke it around here and it makes more idiots, if legalised it would be worse.
I have this argument with my kids (20 and 21 now, lol), I don't want them smoking it but if it becomes legal it gives me as a parent less of an argument etc.
Old 16-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choprocker View Post
nope, cos all the idiot chav wankers smoke it around here and it makes more idiots, if legalised it would be worse.
I have this argument with my kids (20 and 21 now, lol), I don't want them smoking it but if it becomes legal it gives me as a parent less of an argument etc.
How about legalising it, but making being a chav wanker a criminal offence?
Old 16-12-2013, 07:30 PM

Should we ban lager because chav's drink it?

Hang on, bad argument as that doesn't sound so bad.

Oh, and having a 20 something son that enjoys a smoke means he can score for his old man
Old 16-12-2013, 07:36 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
Should we ban lager because chav's drink it?

Hang on, bad argument as that doesn't sound so bad.

Oh, and having a 20 something son that enjoys a smoke means he can score for his old man
legalising it just makes it more accessible which for me is not a good thing but as you said with the lager etc it will be adding another problem.

score for me, no thanks that would hypocritical now wouldn't it, I hate the stuff.
the problem is the shit they smoke these days is exactly that, shit. mixed with anything they can find.
Old 16-12-2013, 08:11 PM

Blah.. I must be getting old, but being a born again non smoker of anything..
I am concerned that it would be a start to more... Ecstasy next and there is so much shite in that at the moment its killing kids everywhere.
In our younger days.. bloody hell that sounds bad, but we more or less knew what we were taking or smoking, drugs were better quality and safer. Nowadays the shit they put in kills you. Sadly 18 months ago, my son and some mates went out to celebrate my sons 24th birthday, yes they all dropped a few pills... out of 6 lads, one never made it home that night... all took same, or so they thought... It effected them all, my son still lives with nightmares of having his best friend die in his arms...
I change my vote to no I think....
Old 16-12-2013, 08:17 PM

Wouldn't legislation put quality controls on drugs? A bit like the difference between dodgy home distilled spirits that can cause blindness and a decent single malt from the offy.
Old 16-12-2013, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Well I did say considered opinion..On the plus side it gives a nice gentle calm feeling, the only problem I have is it keeps the adrenaline from flowing when you really need it..some of you younger people really need fast reaction times, your mind has to react to some pretty scary situations, I have a bike capable of 185mph, I'd hate to think how fast some of your bikes can go.

John.
Old 16-12-2013, 08:20 PM

sadly I doubt it, as they would tax it so high it would just make illegal stuff more appealing... I have no probs with smoke in itself... just the idea of what would come later... now adays folks dont care what shit they put in drugs or how many people die as long as they get their money first... scary shit...
Old 16-12-2013, 08:20 PM

John, I cant see that argument being any different to riding after half a bottle of scotch though which is legal.
Old 16-12-2013, 08:24 PM

I actually think the situation wouldnt improve... those that could afford the good legal drugs would, and those that couldnt would buy the crap off the streets...
Old 16-12-2013, 08:28 PM

If legalised drugs were available cheaper than the street stuff then the war on illegal drugs would be won overnight. Having said that I have never bought any bad green.
Old 16-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
John, I cant see that argument being any different to riding after half a bottle of scotch though which is legal.
I think the real difference is that with half a bottle of scotch it would be obvious to your riding mates and if either of you had any sense they would stop you from riding..

When I put this forward I should have said for recreational purposes..

Most people would agree that smoking is expensive, the cost of a pretty good motorbike each year, so unless you are rolling in money it is not good to be addicted..

Smoking weed gets you back into an expensive habit, I always mixed weed with tobacco to smoke it..So easily influenced youngsters will think it's cool to smoke, and the government will love them for adding billions to the tax pot.

John.
Old 16-12-2013, 09:17 PM

I smoke full time, but my son doesn't smoke ciggies but likes the odd joint. Maybe he is unusual (I keep telling him he's a strange fucker and must be the milkman's)

I would say vaping is the way to go, or if legalised sold in chocolate or brownies.

All I know is if I have a few joints in the evening I wake up fine the next morning, if I neck half a bottle of spirits I feel like shit with pains in my left side.
Old 16-12-2013, 09:51 PM

As I said... Ive no probs with smoke, I just am concerned about the rest...
Old 16-12-2013, 11:28 PM

I really don't care either way. I do not smoke the stuff, never have and never will. Every time I am near someone smoking weed, I get a terrible headache and feel sick. I don't do other recreational chemicals either, again never have and never will. Just not my cup of tea thanks.

Legalised or not, just keep that stinking shit away from me please.

On the almost comical side of things. I was at a club party and the guy stood next to me lit up his pipe with neat weed in it. I was engulfed in a huge cloud of that stinking shit. I was hanging on to the wall for a good twenty minutes before I could move. Managed to get outside before chucking my guts up, had a banging headache for three days after. Fucking horrible stuff.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 17-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

...has anyone got any minstrels?......or chocolate raisins?.....
Old 17-12-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiPunk View Post
...has anyone got any minstrels?......or chocolate raisins?.....
Feck that get me to the deep fried mars bar......nom nom nom .....

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 17-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidhaf View Post
Feck that get me to the deep fried mars bar......nom nom nom .....
Hey Kid, I seem to hit Scottish fish and chip shops on a regular basis but I've never tried the newish delicacy of deep fried mars bars so I have a question..do you eat them piping hot or warm or cold..Having never tried them I don't know if the mars bar turns into a gooey mess while it is hot..

So for all of us heathens who have never tried one..what is the correct etiquette when partaking of this northen delicacy.

and do you have to be pissed.

John.
Old 19-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
I really don't care either way. I do not smoke the stuff, never have and never will. Every time I am near someone smoking weed, I get a terrible headache and feel sick. I don't do other recreational chemicals either, again never have and never will. Just not my cup of tea thanks.

Legalised or not, just keep that stinking shit away from me please.

On the almost comical side of things. I was at a club party and the guy stood next to me lit up his pipe with neat weed in it. I was engulfed in a huge cloud of that stinking shit. I was hanging on to the wall for a good twenty minutes before I could move. Managed to get outside before chucking my guts up, had a banging headache for three days after. Fucking horrible stuff.

Chopper
Amen to that, vile smell especially as I mentioned the stuff that's mixed with crap.
Old 19-12-2013, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Stupid question but what is the difference between Marijuana and cannabis?

I was given a joint once, I went from stone cold sober to heaving down the great white telephone within five minutes, head spinning the whole works! Missing out the fun part of getting pleasantly drunk in between and enjoying it!

And seeing as I've now given up smoking for 5 years and can't stand the smell of tobacco in any shape or form, I think it should remain illegal!

However, why don't these drug companies develop some form of tablet that could be bought over the counter like Paracatamol from marijuana or cannabis that could be used to the same effect as smoking a joint?
Old 19-12-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Hey Kid, I seem to hit Scottish fish and chip shops on a regular basis but I've never tried the newish delicacy of deep fried mars bars so I have a question..do you eat them piping hot or warm or cold..Having never tried them I don't know if the mars bar turns into a gooey mess while it is hot..

So for all of us heathens who have never tried one..what is the correct etiquette when partaking of this northen delicacy.

and do you have to be pissed.

John.
Got to be eaten hot ....turns into a chewy soggy mess held together by the batter. Like a lot of food stuffs i.e. kebabs no way would you ever eat one sober...avoid salt an vinegar on yer dep fried mars bar and if on the East coast (Edinburgh) beware of the salt and sauce conundrum.

You do know am slabbering away here .....

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 19-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Stupid question but what is the difference between Marijuana and cannabis?
Imagine taking a plant 'marjuana' and putting it through a blender or pestle and morter, then scraping the paste that results into a block and letting it dry..that block would be hashish..I think canabis is another name for marjuana

Ok I looked it up..so to be exact marjuana is the flower of the cannabis plant and hashish is the remainder of the plant ground up and pressed into a block then dried.

John.

Last edited by John Hopkins; 19-12-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Old 19-12-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
can't stand the smell of tobacco in any shape or form, I think it should remain illegal!
I cant stand the smell of stilton cheese, but would never see it made illegal for those that eat it.