100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 30-11-2011, 07:25 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Default mag/in the mag

the mag write up about dedicated police bike units is a worry,is it not possible for mag to campain for the police to offer a service,like the AA or RAC,were thay will come and check a bike car out for you,and get paid for it,this would do two thing,generate a income for the police,thay would love that,and cut car bike theft a lot,who would sell anything stolen,if you thought the police can turn up.surley this is the right aproach,for the police and the public,it would also go a long way to build up public trust in the police,at a time when its low and getting lower.can mag not bring this up with mp,s ministers etc.
Old 30-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

30 years ago a lot of traffic cops were petrol heads. They were enthuisiasts and knew summat about vehicles.

These days they are normally cops who are too thick to do real police work.

Wouldn't trust them to spot a stolen vehicle and I know they can't spot defects.

That's why they do things like putting a prohibition on a bike tyre for not having 1.6mm of tread on it's sidewall.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to Creature

unfortuantelty gotta gotta agree with Harry.

years ago - yes as many were bikers and had a keen interest in bikes
Old 01-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale rider View Post
can mag not bring this up with mp,s ministers etc.
Bloody good idea that. Maybe they should get in touch with the motorcycle press and issue statements to let people know what's going on too

Why not join and find out? Ask not what MAG can do for you and all that....
Old 01-12-2011, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Cops these days are all about quotas, book so many people each week for finable offences and you get through the week without a bollicking.

If you report a stolen bike or anything else they will do a call out to take a statement, if it is a stolen bike they ask to see your insurance documents, V5c and any other papers, if they are not in order they have solved another crime..if they are in order you get a letter from the police saying they are sorry you have been a victim of a crime and here is your crime number for the insurance, you could tell them where your bike is, who took it, and even give them the name of a witness and it is still unlikely that they would do anything..

But park in the wrong place or do 36 in a 30 area...

John.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale rider View Post
the mag write up about dedicated police bike units is a worry,is it not possible for mag to campain for the police to offer a service,like the AA or RAC,were thay will come and check a bike car out for you,and get paid for it,this would do two thing,generate a income for the police,thay would love that,and cut car bike theft a lot,who would sell anything stolen,if you thought the police can turn up.surley this is the right aproach,for the police and the public,it would also go a long way to build up public trust in the police,at a time when its low and getting lower.can mag not bring this up with mp,s ministers etc.
Just asking for trouble. The cops have adequate funding for the job they are supposed to do. The problem is that the money is NOT spent where it should be spent. Instead it is spent on "Managers" (That can't manage a good wank) and PR stunts. Like the Bulldog security operation costing 1,500,000 that had zero need and zero results other than to alienate may more bikers.

The police have become the mindless puppets of a series of failed, corrupt and morally bankrupt pseudo facist regimes. We are supposed to be policed by consent. I do not know any bikers that consented to be policed by a bunch of fuckwit no hopers trying to achieve sales targets.

Fact is, if you suspect a bike you are hoping to buy is stolen or a ringer, as soon as the police are notified they should respond to the report of a suspected crime having been commited. By isuuing a crime number they achieve nothing except adding to the insurance company costs and ultimately our premiums.

They have no time or resources to attend to real crimes commited such as having thieving bastard pykies breaking in and trying to steal your property, yet they have the money to pay for a fancy brand new van equipped with all the latest speed cameras, parked on the A358 at Henlade today. The road is constantly beiing worked on and as a result there are very few speed limit signs. One at the start of the village, one coming off the westbound M5 J25 and one coming out of Taunton on the other side of the motorway junction. (How convenient that there are so few signs in an area where they sit a speed trap).

Answer is, if you doubt the legality of a bike you want to buy, either pay for an AA/RAC inspection and HPI check or simply walk away. Asking the cops to get involved and offering to pay for such a service is like asking turkeys to vote for christmas. Just think how much bullshit "Intelligence" they will collect while they are at your house.

Keep cops and bikes as far apart as possible.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default Dedicated Plod group....

can't agree with Chopper more: the more distance between Plod & you/me/us the better....

These Plod units do nothing for me & you, its not about returning a robbed bike,
its a gesture, to 'be seen as doing something' or about 'organised crime'

all those pictures you've seen?/I've seen....are bikes/bits of bikes NOT returned to their owners...they collect them to show they are doing something & that something is not helping you and me, its about helping their careers. innit.

FYI: those bits will later be sold off at plod auctions to raise funds for plod. not toward compensation for 1 robbed bike loss

http://www.amazon.com/Policeman-Your.../dp/1893626393
& do wake the fuck up.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Chat Slut

+1000000 @ Chopper.