100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 15-06-2018, 09:13 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
After my flying visit to Faro next month I’ve decided to return to Portugal on the bike a couple of weeks later in August for the 2nd biggest bike rally in Portugal at Gois, (for the 25ª Concentração Internacional de Motos em Góis http://www.goismotoclube.pt/25ª-concentração.html) this is a rally that I’ve heard many good things about but have never to been before, but has been on my bucket list of thing to do, and as it sits close to the historic route N2 which is another thing on my bucket list. The initial idea is to ride from the ferry to Chaves which is at the top on the N2, before going down the N2 to Gois, then after the rally follow the rest of the N2 down to Faro.
I’m leaving the return date to the UK open as I don’t want to be tied to a set date and may meander around exploring and take in a small local rally before either booking a ferry back from Spain or bimble back up thru France

Now where did EW&T hide the bikkie tin ........
That sounds bloody marvellous!
Old 15-06-2018, 11:01 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post
That sounds bloody marvellous!
Jealous ish. Off to France with the lads next week so mustn't grumble. Enjoy!
Old 15-06-2018, 04:12 PM

I saw 4 separate trikes in Warks today.
Is their summat trike orientated on?
Old 15-06-2018, 04:36 PM

I was avvin a Greggs in Cov sat in the car and some guys pulled up along side me in a white van tried to sell me a "nice widescreen Samsung TV".
I don't know what it is, but people come up to me for all sorts of reasons when I'm out. Its bizarre. Anyway the telly was probably hot so I told them I was skint.

I was approached for a potential robbery on the A5 last year at a petrol station by some young well ripped bloke in a black Audi coupe. He gave me some abuse but I wasn't bothered. He drove out and then back into the petrol station exit and got out of his car walking towards me. TBH I ain't daft and rarely miss a trick and this guy wasn't asking me for directions. A nasty POS and a coke head by the looks of him. As I drove slowly past him he shut up when he saw me close up. I wasn't bothered and I certainly wasn't having any of his crap.
Old 16-06-2018, 07:05 AM
Super Moderator

Fuckin arsehole computer!!!!!!!!!!!!! Logged out for no apparent reason!!!!!
Old 16-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
The number one fan of estate agents
Fugg off!

I've just written a whole rant on the poxy estate agents and the pooter decided to log itself out!

Fukkem both!
Old 16-06-2018, 08:24 AM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Today I are mostly off to the Chopper club one day show at Cheddar.

Can anyone think of a cheese joke
Old 16-06-2018, 11:45 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
Can anyone think of a cheesey joke
http://www.100-biker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50601
Old 16-06-2018, 04:12 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Today I have hostly been frying clutches.

Guess what I'm doing after the weekend... I've been waiting for a gasket to arrive so I can sort it out, plates are here, but it's shat itself proper now. I'll just have to use RTV, and hope. New plates are soaking in oil now.
Old 17-06-2018, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

Clutch? Wassat then?
Old 17-06-2018, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

I be taking photos that thre sodding agent should've taken proper in the first place!!!!! Not bloody out of focus, over exposed, and in a wide angle lens! Stupid cow! And she turns up in leggings, flip flops and hair pulled up in a sort of bun! Most unprofessional! and she has the gaul to say that she has 10 years experience in estate agency! Got the draft particulars back, All the descriptions of the rooms in the house were in the wrong order so when you read it the house did not flow in the foot fall. All the windows were described in the wrong "elevation" What ever happened to "Front", "side" or "back" of house? The main photo of the house was the back of it.I don't know about you, but when I look at the house details on Rightmove or wherever, If I see a photo of a house other than the front first, I skip it as I tend to think that the house front must be crap! Which ours isn't! Fucking stupid marketing ploy! Fukkin hate estate agents! Never bloody listen....
Old 17-06-2018, 10:01 AM

I've only moved home once and that was enough for my lifetime.

The sheer logistics of the actual move is bad enough.

But estate agents and solicitors

What creation of hell produced them ?
Old 18-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Chat Slut

Yeah, we had to redo our House "brochure" I rewrote it and we got the person back to take a 2nd set of photos. However we were lucky in that the person selling the house we moved into had possibly the worst set of estate agents ever. We saw the house after it had been on Right Move for 6 months and had 2 offers in already. We were able to get our house valued, on the market and sold in order to put an offer in before the agents sorted out the fact that offers were crap and they should be advertising a lot more. It has nearly an acre of land with it, the agent called it a large back garden !
Old 18-06-2018, 10:53 PM

Today had the all clear on the possible MS or Lymes disease which is good news. I've still got all or most of the symptoms but that's probably down to the original brain injury. The neurologist wants to keep an eye on me just the same and I'll see him again in 12 months time
Old 19-06-2018, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al who is that Al View Post
Yeah, we had to redo our House "brochure" I rewrote it and we got the person back to take a 2nd set of photos. However we were lucky in that the person selling the house we moved into had possibly the worst set of estate agents ever. We saw the house after it had been on Right Move for 6 months and had 2 offers in already. We were able to get our house valued, on the market and sold in order to put an offer in before the agents sorted out the fact that offers were crap and they should be advertising a lot more. It has nearly an acre of land with it, the agent called it a large back garden !

Not in Lincolngrad were they?
Old 19-06-2018, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Today had the all clear on the possible MS or Lymes disease which is good news. I've still got all or most of the symptoms but that's probably down to the original brain injury. The neurologist wants to keep an eye on me just the same and I'll see him again in 12 months time

Good to hear. The plus side is that you are still upright and mobile.....
Old 19-06-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
I'm glad to hear your good news. They still keep an eye on my brain in case Bert re-appears. But luckily I have few symptoms to cope with.
Old 19-06-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Good to hear. The plus side is that you are still upright and mobile.....
Thank you.
Absolutely Friar !
My stubbornness works in my favour because I don't give in or back off.
Old 19-06-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I'm glad to hear your good news. They still keep an eye on my brain in case Bert re-appears. But luckily I have few symptoms to cope with.
Thanks harry, yes its nice to get some good news.
Like you I try to enjoy life as best as possible
Old 19-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Chat Slut

Stubborness was actually a medical factor in a psychology study I did many years ago. It was a group of people with Cancer and in 1989 the "cure" rate was much less. To cut a long story short the Positive attitude people who refused to give up lasted the longest.
Old 19-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Not in Lincolngrad were they?
Derbyshire where land is at a premium, the estate agents lack of knowledge was amazing. Hilary (the lady whose house it was) had the Agent come round to show us the house as she was a bit infirm. As we walked round the house - which had been on sale for months with them AND she had shown several others buyers round - we were asking basic questions like "So it's Oil fired heating?" - "Erm, I think so, I'll have to check", i"s it fully double glazed ?" (it wasn't) "Erm, I think so, I'll have to check" etc etc etc. Did you not bother to look at your own brochure before showing people round ?????

Last edited by Al who is that Al; 19-06-2018 at 10:59 AM.
Old 19-06-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Always good when you get good news, hope there is more to come. I have read with brain injuries that the brain can sometimes heal itself by creating new pathways for the neurons to travel and relearn lost skills, movements etc. One case was the officer who had half his brain shot out in the Falklands, though most squaddies would say they only have half a brain to start with......
Old 20-06-2018, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Stubborness was actually a medical factor in a psychology study I did many years ago. It was a group of people with Cancer and in 1989 the "cure" rate was much less. To cut a long story short the Positive attitude people who refused to give up lasted the longest.

My best mate, Geoff, died last year of cancer of the bladder. He'd had bleeding in his piss for about 18 months in all, from first find it to when he passed away. His problem was that he had "White Coat Syndrome". So he kept putting off going to the hospital for quite awhile. Once he got in and put through the system, he kept putting off chemo sessions or blood pressure monitoring tests, so it was ages before he got the biopsy and had the tumour removed. But during all this time He kept talking the talk, "Yep! Gotta be Done!", "Needs to be sorted!" etc. When in reality the Bravura, covered his inherant fear of the hospital, so in the end his own stupidity was his downfall. And I miss the bastard like crazy!
Old 20-06-2018, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Derbyshire where land is at a premium, the estate agents lack of knowledge was amazing. Hilary (the lady whose house it was) had the Agent come round to show us the house as she was a bit infirm. As we walked round the house - which had been on sale for months with them AND she had shown several others buyers round - we were asking basic questions like "So it's Oil fired heating?" - "Erm, I think so, I'll have to check", i"s it fully double glazed ?" (it wasn't) "Erm, I think so, I'll have to check" etc etc etc. Did you not bother to look at your own brochure before showing people round ?????

When a "sales negotiator" who turns out to be the "Manager" of the branch, and wears leggings, flipflops hair tied back in a ponytail or bun, and takes photos with a flash no matter what, I wonder t their professionalism. I hatrd this girl from the start, I therefefore went through the T&Cs with a fine toothcomb! As I pointed things out hat were blatantly in thre favour of the estate agents, Like the "No sale, No fee" line, then a paragraph later it said " The agency will charge the full fee if a buyer is ready willing and able to proceed and complete the sale" after a period of six months after the contract has been cancelled, or some such clause. I pointe out that when a contract has ended it is finished and not enforcable. She said "it was the law, and only if the buyer was introduced to the sale through the agency via its brochure. I said good luck with that... I'd be see you in court! I didn't study law of contract through the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply....sorry "Procurement" for nothing! Trouble is she impressed the missus, who worked in an estate agents for 6 years before we moved up here to Lincolngrad, so I was onto a hiding for nothing!...
Old 20-06-2018, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Thanks harry, yes its nice to get some good news.
Like you I try to enjoy life as best as possible
You have only one life so live it.

If I'd presented meself to a doctor 50 years ago with Bert they'd be unable to help. So every minute is a gift from the NHS.

Its my duty to live every moment as best I can.
Old 20-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Happy to hear of your good news Hos .

Even happier to report that come 5:45am tomorrow I'll be off over the water with me club on the bikes for a week. F'kin gerrin! Been looking forward to this for ages This day at work's a looooong one though.
Old 20-06-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
You have only one life so live it.

If I'd presented meself to a doctor 50 years ago with Bert they'd be unable to help. So every minute is a gift from the NHS.

Its my duty to live every moment as best I can.
Same here with the bowel cancer, my dad died of pancreatic cancer and they couldn't even diagnose it, only came out at the autopsy. I had the 'poo stick' test in November 2010 and by June 2011 I was on the operating table, the only reason they took so long was because of the G.I.S.T. they discovered in-between my airway and Oesophagus. They were not sure which was most urgent, however the G.I.S.T. (Gastro-Intestinal Stromal Tumour) operation carried a high risk of death, so they went for the bowel first. I have regular checkups for signs of growth, which so far has not happened, I guess that eventually I will get to old for an op but hopefully it will stay dormant. Like Harry I named my bowel cancer tumour, which was so large I called him 'Tubby' after the childhood song Tubby the Tuba (Tumour).... Got to keep smiling and live as if you are immortal. One day you will be wrong but hopefully that's a long way off......
Old 20-06-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
If I hadn't of had a strong positive attitude I would never have survived the first two years after the smash. I chose to try to limit the amount of collateral damage the person who knocked me off did to my family and friends. If I had of adopted a victim stance in any way then I felt he or she would have won.
But as I say I am no angel, far from it.
Old 20-06-2018, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Always good when you get good news, hope there is more to come. I have read with brain injuries that the brain can sometimes heal itself by creating new pathways for the neurons to travel and relearn lost skills, movements etc. One case was the officer who had half his brain shot out in the Falklands, though most squaddies would say they only have half a brain to start with......
Thanks mate, yeah it was nice to get a pass on that one.
Yes the brain can heal itself in some ways its true. But some memories are either lost or can't be accessed. Ive got a few major events from the past that I have completely lost. But not as bad as one lady who had an ABI (Acquired brain injury) through a stroke. God bless her she had lost 16 years of her memory in one chunk! Sitting with her husband they worked out almost to the day the start and end point of the 16 years lost memory. Amazing !

As for having half a brain,. well tbh Ive always had a reckless tendency for larking around especially on bikes. They say its a fine line between dangerous and stupid? I had no idea where the line was. Nowadays I am happy living a quiet life with my little lady. I am incredibly lucky I made it so I don't take chances now.
Wiser, smarter
Old 20-06-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2 View Post
Happy to hear of your good news Hos .

Even happier to report that come 5:45am tomorrow I'll be off over the water with me club on the bikes for a week. F'kin gerrin! Been looking forward to this for ages This day at work's a looooong one though.
Have a fookin great time matey !!!!!!! Us older guys know how to play, harder better and have bigger laughs. Whatever you do have fun !