100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 29-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony
Default EBAY!!! is it just me

right then I really dont get this, I been on ebay for about 4+ years and still dont get it

my last lowrider was a much admired and respected bike, was featured last month in BSH and I advertised it when it was freshly finished and it ende up selling on ebay for under 1800, the new owner ragged it around for a year, in my opinion ruined the look with the new paintjob and sold it for 2850 on ebay???

WTF??

now my chops on there and heaps of watchers etc, but no bids, had 3 cash offers from people, but they dont come back to you??, I mean I always thoguht that if you made someone an offer for somehting and they accepted it then you would get back to them to sort it

"ebay" home of the dreamers!!!
Old 29-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

For the selling bit mate, it all depends on whos looking for what at a particular time...i found my lowrider (ok, the wife did) at a time everything but chops were selling, i made arrangements and discussed the price on what he would take before i went to view and test, as i explained to the chap, i will come and have a look, if i dont like it, i will walk away, no ifs or butts, but if i like it i will pat and ride away, whch i did....

to me its that simple, you see, you like, you buy and not piss peeps about.....

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 30-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

dont know , if i would ever buy a bike on e bay that i had not had a chance to look at or even start up , that my thoughts , may be time wasters that you have got and virtual tyre kicker,s hope you have better luck m8
Old 30-08-2007, 08:05 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

I think it,s just down to timing in some cases .......you know two or three folks looking for the same kinda thing at the same time ......
Old 30-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress Maker
I think it,s just down to timing in some cases .......you know two or three folks looking for the same kinda thing at the same time ......
Exactly right - I've seen an item sell for a ridiculously high price, and the very same item at another time not fetch a single bid. You have to think of it like a very large real auction room, if there's two bidders who want it then the price rises, but if there's only one or none in the room...

What amuses me is the number of people who assume that if something is on eBay it MUST be a bargain. Time and time again I've watched folk pay well over the odds for something that, if they bothered to search the Internet, they could buy brand new for half the price with a guarantee.
Old 30-08-2007, 04:57 PM

But on the other hand,if yer careful you CAN pick up some serious bargains.I've managed to get a NOS alternator casing for 12 (inc postage),NOS clock bracket for 3,,Brembo brake pads for 5 and a 2nd hand swingarm for 20 with 30's worth of brand new bearings and spacers!The only time I paid over the odds was for a 2nd hand tank in good (nowhere near perfect) nick for 50 odd,only cos someone else was after it.
Old 30-08-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon-tony
right then I really dont get this, I been on ebay for about 4+ years and still dont get it

my last lowrider was a much admired and respected bike, was featured last month in BSH and I advertised it when it was freshly finished and it ende up selling on ebay for under 1800, the new owner ragged it around for a year, in my opinion ruined the look with the new paintjob and sold it for 2850 on ebay???

WTF??

now my chops on there and heaps of watchers etc, but no bids, had 3 cash offers from people, but they dont come back to you??, I mean I always thoguht that if you made someone an offer for somehting and they accepted it then you would get back to them to sort it

"ebay" home of the dreamers!!!
that the arse who sold it me for that price, arranged go collect it, had time off work, then the cnut totally ignored all phone calls, emails the the lot
Old 31-08-2007, 08:33 AM

Like anything thats being sold, you meet some people with decent kit and a good price ( Devon T falls into that category) my mate picked up a 1999 1200 Bandit on Tuesday 16k miles, bent fork leg, dead easy repair 800 and the bike is well tidy.
Ive sold some stuff on there and its got real good prices, other times not got a bid,.
Old 31-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

yeah sorry kiffer about that, dont know what the hell he was playing at as he sold it on for the same price to someone else, think there might have been club politics or somethign involved???

looks like my chops going the same route, no sale despite 2100 views, 57 people wathcing it

4!!! yes 4 people have all emailed and called me saying would I do a cash deal at XXXX price,yeah ok no probs, gone all through directions, detailed pics and description of the bike, even offered to meet them, 70 mile round jorney for me but if iut helps them out I was prepared to do it, and NOWT!!!

why do people waste your time like that

I could understand if it was some billet barge that people dream of owning, but its a 1500 matt black chop, hardly worth getting excited about really

one of the guys was ringing my mobile and on the phone for bleedin ages, reckon he must have done about 20 on phone calls
Old 31-08-2007, 10:10 AM

LOL well that told me, forgot about pulling it and relisting it

I agree was silly but at the time didnt want to leave it on ebay as I was so certain of the private sale, ( I was worried that someone might bid and then I would have to tell Si not to come and look) unfortunately the jolly green giant turned up to view :P LOL and the bike was just physically too small

still a wierd ol world,

going to put the GSX chop in the local free ads etc for 1 week then break it up, or maybe do 1p start no reserve and just cut my losses?? wont get bugger all back for it that way but hey ho

we live and learn.

AARRGGHH how damn annoying 7 minutes remaining of the auction and its dissapeared?? no longer in my ebay selling section??

oh ok the listing still there but its not showing in my ebay??

the hit counter is still climbing maybe someones gonna do last second bid

we live in hope

Last edited by devon-tony; 31-08-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 31-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via Yahoo to Mikesmad

What I like about eBay, is you can buy or sell just about anything.

Most of the time, for a good price too!

Ye dinnae bounce sae weel, when yer aulder!
Old 31-08-2007, 10:37 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon-tony
LOL well that told me, forgot about pulling it and relisting it

I agree was silly but at the time didnt want to leave it on ebay as I was so certain of the private sale, ( I was worried that someone might bid and then I would have to tell Si not to come and look) unfortunately the jolly green giant turned up to view :P LOL and the bike was just physically too small

still a wierd ol world,

going to put the GSX chop in the local free ads etc for 1 week then break it up, or maybe do 1p start no reserve and just cut my losses?? wont get bugger all back for it that way but hey ho

we live and learn.

AARRGGHH how damn annoying 7 minutes remaining of the auction and its dissapeared?? no longer in my ebay selling section??

oh ok the listing still there but its not showing in my ebay??

the hit counter is still climbing maybe someones gonna do last second bid

we live in hope

Yep I gotta back you up on that Tony ( sept for the green giant bit) We sorted it on the phone I had the cash in me pocket and didnt fancy driving 200+ miles to find out it had gone, Tony helped me out by taking it off was just a shame that I couldnt fit on it, I was well gutted as it was a top bike, and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend anything he sells as he aint one of your ebay shysters and knows his way round the tool box, unlike many.

Tony just looked at your listing no reserve and bids from a quid, reckon people might think its too good to be true? put a reserve on and start bids at 250 mate then see what happens, or can I just bid a quid and Ill be down on sunday for her

Last edited by Simon B; 31-08-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 31-08-2007, 10:48 AM

OK so I fibbed he aint green

anyway its back on now 1 start no reserve now lets see how many stupid offers and questions I get

last listing got 14 questions that I posted on the listing, was about 35 in total
Old 31-08-2007, 01:14 PM

bumped the price up a bit for ya.
Old 31-08-2007, 02:09 PM

cheers Rob, wont let it go for silly money, already had a guy ring and ask me bottom dollar price, but this guy seemed genuine enough, just wanted bottom line price so he could speak with wife and didnt want to waste my time until he knows if they can afford it

fair do's

Im not letting it go for less than what it owes me no way would rather burn it, but someone will still get a bargain, I love the bike and would rather keep it and not use it, than sell it silly cheap.