100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 11-05-2004, 06:34 AM
Maggie B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.chaz
Well you should also change the " Power Rangers" bit an all. I think you shouldn't be pointing fingers at people who choose to wear a certain style of clothing , or ride a certain style of bike.
There are simply too many w*nkers on bikes right now. Some of them wear dayglo , and some of them wear black leather too. We might be able to see through them , but it worries me that "Joe Public" and Government bodies can't. So what's the answer?
Chaz
Can't change the thread title apparently. Power ranger is not such a derogatory word in my dictionary or around here, so did not know it would cause such offence
I don't know what the answer is but as the government love to "be seen to be doing something about it" I only wait & worry

Funny thing happened to my Hubby the other day. He slowed down to enter a 30mph limit in the next nearest village. The speed bumps there are atrocious-look as though they have been lovingly laid by a drunk gorilla.

A "resident" there shook his fist at Hubby as he went past-he rides a Speed triple too, so he thought"Im not having that, so he spun round and went and stopped next to this bloke and asked him what his problem was
"you were speeding"
"no I wasn;t"
"yes you were-bloody holigans speeding through the village"
"I was doing 28MPH"
"no you weren't"

funny but true-digital readout on triumph showed 28mph-slower than the 30mph speed limit
Old 11-05-2004, 09:06 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie B
Chaz
Can't change the thread title apparently. Power ranger is not such a derogatory word in my dictionary or around here, so did not know it would cause such offence
I don't know what the answer is but as the government love to "be seen to be doing something about it" I only wait & worry

Funny thing happened to my Hubby the other day. He slowed down to enter a 30mph limit in the next nearest village. The speed bumps there are atrocious-look as though they have been lovingly laid by a drunk gorilla.

A "resident" there shook his fist at Hubby as he went past-he rides a Speed triple too, so he thought"Im not having that, so he spun round and went and stopped next to this bloke and asked him what his problem was
"you were speeding"
"no I wasn;t"
"I was doing 28MPH"
"no you weren't"

funny but true-digital readout on triumph showed 28mph-slower than the 30mph speed limit
Phil shuda punched him out and pissed on his lawn - now that's what a true hooligan would do!

Don't you just hate these people who just pretend to be a hooligan without any proper credentials at all!

Shocking
Old 11-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Maggie B

The same bloke sells Fudge & Cheese in the Beverley area out of a trailer he keeps on his drive
Plans are afoot!

Short of that Phil keeps shouting when he rides/drives past

Hooliganist on a can;t be bothered type of way
Old 11-05-2004, 10:34 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to UKRobKLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.chaz
Phil shuda punched him out and pissed on his lawn - now that's what a true hooligan would do!

:
Nah, leaving a big steaming turd on his lawn would have been better
Just goes to prove though that its not the speed that people dislike its bikes fullstop. So fcuk em im riding like a twat On a serious note though, i well always stick to 30mph speed limits and 20 mph past schools etc, its the friggin cars and lorries that dont. I live in a village called Tydd St Mary (ha, funny this really), all me mates have little kids, we live on a B road and theres a little school about 100yards up the road. We live in a 30 yet people come past here at 70 plus somedays. got pissed off yesterday and phoned Plod. I said to em if they didnt get a camera out here now by the school etc i would quite happily dispense with one or 2 hammers i have sitting in my garage by throwing them at the cars cause then they would have to come out. They told me it was wrong to do that (No **** Sherlock ). I then asked them if i sai there was a motorbike rally on in the village would the police attend a bit quicker, they said no as they treated all road users the same (yeah, righty oh ). Anyway, call goes on and they eventually said they would do summat. Think the cars and lorries are doin 30 past my house? Are they bollocks. Im off to the garage to find my spare hammers
Old 11-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Maggie B

The thought of you lobbing lump hammers as passing motorists made me smile.
Just get the wifes hairdryer out, borrow a security guards hat, or blue peter one out of sticky back plastic, a toilet roll holder and a cereal packet
Stand next to the road with blue overalls on & hat & point hairdryer at speeding cars & lorries.

That'll slow them down.
Old 11-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Chat Slut

Quote:
The thought of you lobbing lump hammers as passing motorists made me smile.
Just get the wifes hairdryer out, borrow a security guards hat, or blue peter one out of sticky back plastic, a toilet roll holder and a cereal packet
Stand next to the road with blue overalls on & hat & point hairdryer at speeding cars & lorries.

That'll slow them down.
while they piss themselves laughing at you
Old 11-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Lightbulb stop pussy footing around

Just put a dummy at the edge of the road with some scrap metal; they'll all trawl past at 5mph rubbernecking for some carnage. Now its time for the hammers, dogs, bees and dogs with bees in their mouths that shoot out whenever they bark. Having released these you can wheel out the trebuchet that was copied from scrapheap challenge and reign down on them with great wrath and anger and they shall know you are the lor... nevermind, at this point you release the tiger.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:32 PM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Chaz

"you were speeding"
"no I wasn;t"
"I was doing 28MPH"
"no you weren't"

Theres a guy at work with a posh two seater sports car (honda delsol, jap version of the crv) and he told me about a almost carbon copy of the incident, except he was going so slow he just pulled over to see what the person was yelling about and stopped next to them thinking there was something seriously wrong. He wound down the window and had a big steaming argument with the woman responsible who was swearing at him and screaming about boy racers like him, and failed to acknowledge the fact he was going so slow he could just pull over, and it ended up him driving off shouting "your mad you are"...
I think the madness is spreading....
Old 12-05-2004, 01:54 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via MSN to Zeek

I was just driving thru this village called Tydd St Mary in my truck...when this rusty ammer came right thru my winda...........missing my bugle by inches.........someone musta upset them around there
Old 12-05-2004, 02:24 PM
Maggie B

'ammer?

Lump
Panel
Claw

can probably determine your speed by the type
Old 12-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Send a message via MSN to Zeek

Definately a "lump" ammer.......................probably embedded in the side of a truck speeding in the opposite direction to wot i woz goin.......
Old 12-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to UKRobKLR650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek
I was just driving thru this village called Tydd St Mary in my truck...when this rusty ammer came right thru my winda...........missing my bugle by inches.........someone musta upset them around there
Mmmmmmm, cheers for that, i'll now know to use bigger hammers
Old 12-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Maggie B

Mmm Rob
Maybe not

Maybe you should practise

throw then shout OY !

as opposed to the OY ! then throw method
Old 13-05-2004, 01:56 PM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFluffy
............"your mad you are".......

No I'm not

Cue for a sketch anyone?
Old 13-05-2004, 03:19 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Wot? An Etch a sketch.....who remembers those????
Old 13-05-2004, 08:22 PM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie
No I'm not
Sorry, I was talking to myself.
Old 14-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBod
Wot? An Etch a sketch.....who remembers those????
BigOldBod?

Hahahaha

Sorry
Old 14-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Chat Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFluffy
Sorry, I was talking to myself.
So you were.
Old 14-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Chat Slapper

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie
So you were.
Sometimes its the only intelligent conversation I can get
Old 14-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Chat Slapper

Only sometimes Mr. Fluffy?
Old 15-05-2004, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Taken me 10 mins. to plough through this lot1 Now I've forgotten what I was gonna say!
Old 15-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Chat Slapper

I had something rambling and meaningfull to say about how you cant judge someone by what theyre riding, cos they might have more than one bike and are they a different person on their dog slow heavily moded 4stroke single trailiee, their classic sports bike, their streetfightered gs, their faired plastic (well fibreglass) rocket being ridden "swiftly" or whatever else is in the shed at the time.

Well I did have, now where were we?
Oh yes, rodders, I was being charitable
Old 15-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Chat Slapper

"Skunk Annansie, Don't want your charity".
But yes, you're right. Even when you aren't because of unforseeable things that you didn't see. And even then, in a funny sort of way you're still right because all things have no meaning except for that which you give it.
UM?
Old 16-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Poin... Pognig.... Poinign..... Bollocks!