100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 06-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default racist bikers

I just read a letter in BSH from a black woman biker who left the Tsunami rally because someone was making racist comments.

Do you think it's true that the biker 'fraternity' is mainly racist????

I see more female bikers than black bikers, why is that?

Certain patch clubs don't allow black members

Why do we have this image?

I was at the Tsunami and when I saw the girl in question arrive I was amazed simply because I had never seen a black or asian person at a rally.

I also saw a fight in the doorway to the bar, which was a bit disgusting as the guys doing the punching knocked over a disabled guy in their fraccas

do we really want this image?

that day we'd been on the egg run showing people how caring and generous we are

but are we when the disabled/black members of our community are treated like this? (the black girl is also disabled yet still rides).

I don't know if the fight in the bar was the one she was referring to, but if it was I'd like to know who in that particular group did the 'name calling'.

just so I know who to avoid in future

we are supposed to be civilised

and as is often said, bikers are discriminated against and we often get treated like we're scum (if the cap fits??), so the last thing we should be doing is giving in to the 'kick-the-cat' syndrome and discriminating against others.

so what do other peeps think?

is this meant to be a 'whites only' thing?

or do we welcome all?

comments please................

PS if you know the girl who wrote the letter please ask her not to let this one incident put her off, hopefully she'll be at the NABD and I'd love to say hi if I see her again. Just don't give up girl.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:13 AM

I grew up in Brixton, South London, a truely multi-cutural area. As a teenager I worked in all the areas around it which became black and asian ghettos. I got on well with everybody, although at the time I had some racist tendencies (mainly fuelled by teenage hormones, as the black lads had better chat up lines). I grew out of that and treat everybody with the same respect/disdain regardless of their race, colour or religion. I have lived long enough (55 years and still counting) to realise that we are all the same. Some are great, some mediocre and some are the piles on the arse-hole of the world.
Unfortunately bikers, just like any other section of society (like the police for example) we have our fair share of idiots and bigots. I was taken to task over a remark I made on the old forum by a lady who had mixed-race children. The term, which I saw as an affectionate term for the corner shop offended her. While I do not subscribe to the PC brigade style of fascism, I realised that some peeps could be offende by the saying and I appologised.
We will never stamp out bigotry, if it isn't colour, then the new black is muslim. While there are differences of any kind there will be bigots, an unfortunate fact, but true.

P.S. Though I have been riding since 1964 I never met a black guy that had, or used to, ride a bike till 1974. I think the black-biker (or absence of) was a cultural thing back then. Bikes were not a cool way to pick up chicks, and the threads would get wet and crumpled. For the Caribbean Immigrants that came over in the 50's and 60's a car was a status symbol and a fanny magnet. Customised in their own ethnic style, some were wondorous sights to behold.

I hope the yopung lady is not put off by this, but is it any wonder why there is still black only bike clubs like the Cobras MCC. Bikers are as good at creating ghettos as the norms.
Ride safe and ride free, whatever and wherever you come form.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:30 AM

fair comment

I was raised in Newcastle where there still is a distinct lack of black people living there, although there is a large Hisidic Jewish and Asian population.

However it wasn't until I was 17 that I heard any racial slurs made (true fact!) so this probably contributed to my being non racist.

Now that I live down south and am amongst a greater cultural community I hear racial slurs all the time and I am more disappointed than shocked.

People are people, and we should embrace different cultures.

Isn't reggae as good as rock? Different, but still good.

In case anyone hasn't read the letter the girl in question was chatting to a bloke on the friday night with no problem, she chatted to the same bloke on the saturday night, and the bloke was asked why he was talking to a monkey.

The girl left cos she didn't want any trouble, but trouble kicked off anyway. I saw a fight and I'm not sure if it was to do with this, but if it was I'd like to see the members of the club concerned banned from rallies.

Why does no-one have the guts to barr stupid gits like this who are threatening, intimidating and trouble makers? Simply being a biker should not excuse all forms of behaviour, but it seems to!
Old 06-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to UKRobKLR650

For a change i'll keep my views to myself on this one.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:44 AM
Chat Slapper

I know the person who was doing the name calling although I was not there.The "guy" used to be a mate but as far as I'm concerned he no longer exists.I never had him down as a bully but people do change for the worse I suppose.I hope Shirley from the Tsunamis bans him from all future Tsunami rallies.Not much of a punishment but even thick,bigotted,jumped up wannabes might eventually realise the error of their ways.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:49 AM

hmmm

can't remember what your views are sweetie.......lol

though I will say that I'm not trying to convert everyone into fluffy bikers where the world is perfect, I don't expect everyone to be non-racist, just to be more tolerant. Doesn't take much to keep your mouth shut so's not to cause trouble. There are many white peeps who iI can't stand, but I'd never try to get others to hate them, or to stop them from doing things they want to do or go where they want to go, I just try to avoid them, even that's hard sometimes so I have learned to keep my mouth shut and try to ignore said people. It's only the folk who insult and incite violence that I don't like.

I also wonder what would have been said if the girl in question had been Mike Tyson with even bigger black minders in tow...
Old 06-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Just to set the record straight, an earlier mention was made of the Cobras MCC.

There are 2 Cobra clubs in the Uk. One is an MCC somewhere North of the Watford gap.

The other is an MC based around London. This club originally was an all Black, all Male MC Backpatch. A few years ago it almost completely folded, but was rescued and changed the patch slightly and acceprted women. It then dropped to sidepatch MCC.
In recent times it has returned to MC but is not exclusively Black.

There also was a Black Hells Angel with dreadlocks in the mid-1990's.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:53 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

I'm italian - not white
I'm disabled -

Never had a problem with racism off anyone
Old 06-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Chat Slapper

Dont be racist or a bigot, just hate everyone equaly problem solved. (sic)

As young bikers how many of us wore cutoffs with SS insignia and swastikas, badges saying FTW, Hunter.S.Thompsom has a lot to answer for, not to mention some of the corny biker films.

A little thought is all it takes, one world one people. Things will be better when the gene pool gets so mixed we all end up grey.

Old 06-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Jedi Chat Master

if so many peaple are pro white why do they sun baith? Just a thought.
Old 06-05-2004, 12:21 PM

Does anyone remember Gladiators?

if so, you'll remember Rio - she's black, over six foot tall and (she was then) built like the proverbial brick sh'touse!

If you'd have seen her turn up at the MAG Stand at Hastings on May Day last year, you'd have seen her and her bike - this huge great sportsbike!

I somehow don't think anyone would have made comments like that in front of her...?
Old 06-05-2004, 01:19 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

It's not a colour thing to be racist these days, by today's definition I guess I am racist. I dislike all kinds of people regardless of what colour they are.

I also like lots of people and they are from all walks of life.

It's the sponging parasites that pi$$ me off. And if you wanna live in my country you should accept our way of life and at least attempt to speak our language.
Old 06-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi.
Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla.

??????????????????????????????????
you'll dance with the reaper."
Old 06-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to UKRobKLR650

mmmmm, just watching. oh, i dont Sunbathe, i hate hot weather and i end up looking like them bacon crisp things if i spend to much time in the sun. Im proud of being white.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

I once bought a lettuce with a big black spider in it.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:12 PM

Doesnt matter what people say, racism is here to stay, and no amount of debate will change that.
My wife was very nearly killed my an asian gang a few years back but her attitude is, '' There's good and bad in every society''
And Ive got to agree with her. I really couldnt care less what colour skin someone has if there ok fine, if there not sod em. What does get right up mynose in when the race card is used to bring attention the media, you see it happen all the time.
But for someone to burn the Union jack or get a St george cross removed is OK and not racist, try objecting to the the flag of Isla or such like and you get branded a racist, would be far easier if we where all just treated the same.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:24 PM
Chat Virgin

Exclamation

Well put Danny. Always thought that one meself. I'm disabled and heve had to put up with alot of discrimination and some pretty painfull comments ove the last few years. Some times you have to go and hide for a while to get your head round it all. But you just got to keep coming back fighting. So if you read this forum all i will say is come back fighting girl. your better than them. dont let em win.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Jedi Chat Master

I always liked Lenny Henry's comment.

'Enoch Powell is going to offer all blacks £500 to go home. Which is great for me. It's only 10p on the bus to Dudley'

Cheers,

Byrnie.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Chatter Box

Default Don't blame me!

It is not my fault I don't know any Black people who ride bikes. I refuse to accept any guilt for what maybe perceived as a white elitist thing.
However, I have met Turtle, at the soggy moggy and she is an inspiration (and not a bad bit of totty either) Hello girly!!
Old 06-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Chat Virgin

Well thank you shudy, compliments have been in very short supply for the past god knows how many months. If fact ive had more in the way of insults, it's nice to know someone likes something about me. Even though its only what i look like. Have you talking to my osteopaths.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Chat Slapper

Since I've not met you Turtle I think you have a great mind. There that's even made me feel better.
As for Wegit's post, Whaaaaaaat???
Old 06-05-2004, 05:48 PM
Chatter Box

Turtle, you're most welcome. Hope things are going OK for you. Err I should point out though that I've still got the Harley, which on this forum is enough for discrimatory comments in itself! So my views and tastes may be seen as suspect to others! Do I look bothered?
Old 06-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodders
Since I've not met you Turtle I think you have a great mind. There that's even made me feel better.
As for Wegit's post, Whaaaaaaat???
Rodders, stop that. You're letting us blokes down by not being shallow enough!!
Try "Nice Tits" etc
Old 06-05-2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

In my experience the majority of bikers are most definitely racist, if racist means loving your country and not wanting the entire world coming to live here and f**king it up for the rest of us.
I'm an odd bod really because I was brought up abroad by my asian stepfather from the age of 3 and for a time was the only white girl in my school so experienced racism the other way round. Also my sisters whom I love dearly are both mixed race. As a result of my experiences I like to think I can get on with most races without being a patronising tw*t (I'm thinking particularly of the white police chief who addressed his black police audience in rap: what an embarassing tit!!!!).
However having said all that although I generally get on with most people and would love to go round the world and see how other people live and think, I deplore the rush of immigration into the UK, the way immigrants are given more rights than us, the money we waste of defending people like Captain Hook's "human rights" while he sits back and laughs at us and the politically correct nonsense we have to put up with. The flood of people coming in is making our lives such a misery and obliterating our own culture to such an extent that I think most people would vote for any party that puts a stop to it all - hence the rise and rise of the BNP.
All the so called ethnic minorities hate each other anyway, the Indians think the muslims are lazy dogs and so on and so forth.
Being forced to be multicultural at the expense of our own culture encourages hate and racism which is why it has to stop!!!
I agree with Mitch - Rio could flatten me like a worm .
I did see a black Hells Angel prospect at the Lion Rally last year - I was quite surprised!!!
Old 06-05-2004, 07:49 PM

Spare a thought for the clubs whose party it was in this case - tho it was only Tsunami Riders MCC that got a mention in the letter to BSH.
It's always the same tho when something goes down like this. We never hear the full story, normally only one side or just hearsay. The club involved or the individual that caused the problem is rarely named and shamed. Folks make judgments without all the facts and invariably the main folks that suffer in the aftermath are the clubs that put the events on in the first place. Not for the first time have I heard "I won't be goin' back to that one again 'cos they let that happen" or words to that effect.
Please don't let one event mar your rallying with any clubs. These things do happen, lets face it, you could go down your local (or certainly just about any of the pubs in the town centre here) and be in there havin' a drink with your mates an' sh!t can kick off.
I don't condone racism, tho in this day an' age of PC some of my views would be considered racist. I try to get thu life without pi55in' folks off. Sometimes I even succeed at this. Jus' try an' remember tho folks, we're all out to have a party - an' we don't all act/react the same way. Sometimes someone will make a remark/do something you don't agree with etc. Maybe a little thought an' a moments reflection may stop the words " You're all a bunch of ***** " comin' out of your mouth an' save you a hidin' .....

..... then again, maybe not !!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:07 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

I wish I could take credit for someones signature line on another forum, it reads...

"If you must burn our flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first"

I like that one
Old 06-05-2004, 10:41 PM
Chat Slapper

Default fluffy

Did someone mention fluffy bikers back there?
Old 06-05-2004, 10:53 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Reject
In my experience the majority of bikers are most definitely racist, if racist means loving your country and not wanting the entire world coming to live here, I deplore the rush of immigration into the UK, the way immigrants are given more rights than us and the politically correct nonsense we have to put up with. Being forced to be multicultural at the expense of our own culture encourages hate and racism which is why it has to stop!!!
Would i be right in thinking, however, that you would deplore racist insults being made to and about the black lady biker in question at a bike rally? or have i read you wrong?
Old 07-05-2004, 07:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nkel
Would i be right in thinking, however, that you would deplore racist insults being made to and about the black lady biker in question at a bike rally? or have i read you wrong?
No, I don't approve of the poor lady being insulted at the rally - she's just one small lady and being insulted by a bunch of big hairy bikers must have been upsetting. There is a time and place to express one's views and that isn't it!!!
Old 07-05-2004, 07:28 AM

hi Stevie

I haven't gone back to re-read my posts but i don't think I poured any scorn onto any of the rallies mentioned

me n kris still think the Tsunami was one of the best rallies we've ever been to

I think the only point I'd make concerning the clubs involved is how they handle the situation

especially if kids are there

no-one wants things to get out of control when you are innocently trying to have a good time

another point I'd like to make is please can we not turn this debate into a debate about immigration, my views about that probably echo the rest, I wanted to know why so many bikers seem to hold such racist views especially when we are treated the way we are by the general population - 'we should know better'

just watched easy rider last night and the way the lads were treated by the red-necks in the cafe is surely the way some bikers treat blacks?

if it's wrong for bikers to be treated as 2nd class citizens then surely the same thing applies to the way we treat others.