100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 10-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Speedfreaks Beer Tent Crowd Raise Over 100 for Robyn Brooks Fund

Over the weekend at The Speedfreaks Ball I had the pleasure of playing in the beer tent 4 times over the weekend rather than the entertainment marquee. We had a marvelous time Fri an' Sat nites with the lunchtimes being a somewhat more relaxed affair. Loads of folks joined in the singin' an' there were a fair few dancin' too. On tellin' folks on Fri nite that I had CDs for sale 2 of which was goin' to the Robyn Brooks Fund, an' after explainin' a little about why this was happnin', a fine drunken chap called Og decided to fleece as many punters as possible on my behalf. He came over to the stage as I finished my set an' the jug was best part full - so I did anutha couple of tunes - an' then anutha couple.
The next day a count up revealed that there was just over 100 in the jar - good'un folks that were there. This along with CD sales will be finding it's way to the fund in the next couple of weeks - prolly after the Welsh National Show.
Bikers do good again ...... now let's see the papers print that.

We did have a bit of a laugh on the Sat nite when a teenage lad (that I'd seen with his mates in the custom show tent pawin' all over the bikes, spillin' beer as he did so - tho not on the bikes I'm happy to report as he may not have been in the beer tent Sat nite otherwise - why is it that some folks MUST touch ? Look with ya feckin' eyes) came up to me between songs an' asked
' Can my mate come up an' emcee on yer mike?'.
I didn't really look at him an' jus' said matter of fact like
' No. F*ck Off ', which got a good laugh an' applause from the crowd (tho that wasn't intended). The thing was, it was only afterwards that I got started thinkin' who his dad may be - jus' my luck he'd be patched up. But no, he wasn't - tho he was twice my size. Never said nowt tho. Maybe he saw his kid bein' an arsehole earlier on.

Anyhow, any folks readin' this that contributed - yer all starz.

Thanx.

Stevie.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:53 AM
Chatter Box

I was there and saw you. You was great.. Top stuff
Old 12-05-2004, 10:26 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Thanx very much