100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 17-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Jeez! Bye Bye 400 squids!
and that was just for the bathroom.......Ewokandtuck Carpets Llc.
Old 18-03-2018, 05:44 AM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
and that was just for the staircase that’s not fitted yet.......Ewokandtuck Carpets Llc.
Selling snow to Eskimos...................
Old 18-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

More chance of selling sand to the arabs....
Old 18-03-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
More chance of selling sand to the arabs....
Believe it or not, that has been done as building sand is different to the stuff all over the ground out there....
Old 19-03-2018, 07:09 AM
Super Moderator

why does that not surprise me? And a lot of Eskimos/Ennuits have fridges as well.....
Old 19-03-2018, 09:54 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Apparently we are going to choose carpets today!!!!!!!!!
F'kin torture!
Old 20-03-2018, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Well the staires are in, just got to put in the Newals, whatever they are! and get the carpets sorted!! I'm off to mum's today as she didn't sound too happy last night on the phone. She has had an open wound on her leg for a few months now and it won't heal up despite the medical centre replacing the bandages at least once a week. She has been put on antibiotics. If that was me I'd leave the wound open for a few days to let the air get to it but the nusre last time said that it might get infected! So I'm taking her back there today as she seemed quite upset.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Well the staires are in, just got to put in the Newals, whatever they are! and get the carpets sorted!! I'm off to mum's today as she didn't sound too happy last night on the phone. She has had an open wound on her leg for a few months now and it won't heal up despite the medical centre replacing the bandages at least once a week. She has been put on antibiotics. If that was me I'd leave the wound open for a few days to let the air get to it but the nusre last time said that it might get infected! So I'm taking her back there today as she seemed quite upset.
The Newel Post is the large post at the bottom of the stairs that anchors the handrail/stair posts. There is often one at the top as well for the same purpose.

I had a mate that got blown up on a forklift and his heel wouldn't heal up due to his excess drinking (not suggesting your mum is a pisshead, just getting older I guess, but same result). They ended up putting his leg in an oxygen tent to increase the amount of oxygen (like leaving it open, but cleaner) and help with the healing process. If the wound does not start to clear up/heal within a week it might be worth suggesting oxygen treatment.
Old 21-03-2018, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mum's ok. just got a bit anxious. Seems that she has very thin skin and is not on water tablets (She took herself off them years ago apparently according to Sis!) anyway the wounds are clearing up. I took Mum shopping and I left leaving her a lot happier than when I sarrived. Probably glad to see the back of me!

Yep The newals are in it's the spindles and hand rail that need fixing! The carpet man came and went and still no quote yet! FFS He must know whether the piece of off cut will be big enough to do thestairs and landing! He shouldn't be in the game other wise! Well he's got 400 quid to play with come what may!
Old 21-03-2018, 08:07 PM

......and today's lesson on 100 biker is stair components
Attached Images

Old 22-03-2018, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
......and today's lesson on 100 biker is stair components
Ah Sharrup you! "Balusters" then smart arse!
Old 22-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Ah Sharrup you! "Balusters" then smart arse!

Yesterday I was in town taking my little lady to have her hair cut.
Nothing unusual there.
I parked in disabled bays in the middle of town and sat opposite on a bench in the warm sunshine and very pleasant it was.

I was watching cars driving through a short section of road which is for buses, taxi and cyclists only, the majority of which were very expensive cars and the usual muppet bob the builder vans. I watched a taxi drive the wrong way up the one way short street, just because they can.
I was also sat watching the number of drivers on the phone in the middle of town bearing in mind they are far more visible. I watched several cars try to park between mine and the car to its right. There are wider disabled bays for a reason. I was sitting pondering how no one gives a fuck anymore when nobby numb nuts came and wedged his silver bmw/merc/audi summat or other in the non space between my car and the next. He could only park there in the non space by parking 6" from the right hand side of my car.
So inevitably I stood up and hobbled over to the middle aged, middle class moron and I know its going to go tits up because of the attitude to park like that right in the middle of town shows clear arrogance.
I watched a traffic warden move-on a car with no badge in the disabled bays not 5 minutes before this prat.

So before he can walk off and leave me with no means of opening my fugging car door, I said Oiy! You can't park there! There then followed a few seconds of the posh speaking moron's back mouthing. The dick was wrong end of story and without swearing at him he then moved on. I only mentioned his lack of education and responsibility, always goes down well with the middle class mediocrity of middleness But he was a good boy and moved his car as he was told.
"No I don't know where the midland bank is, just move your car".
I was doing the twat a favour by avoiding him being ticketed and he had no blue badge.

I very very rarely go into town anyway because of peoples piss poor attitudes and idiocy. Yes I had a the usual mentlar come and talk to me.
My little lady always takes the piss out of me because a nutter will always come and talk to me if I sit down in town . On one occassion a street drinker came and talked at me and offered me a drink from his tinny.....
very generous of him mind you.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:42 AM

Shortly I will be going to the tip.
Old 22-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Today I will be blaming Russia
Old 22-03-2018, 01:27 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

I had to smile this morning. I followed a bloke on a Bandit for about 4 miles or so, in fairly heavy traffic wondering why he wasn't filtering (I was in the car), he was following a large mini-bus. When we got to a bus lane the biker looked up the inside of the bus and made to pull up the inside of it. Of course the bus, being a bus, is allowed in the bus lane so proceeded up it, much to the annoyance of matey boy on the bike who wanted to illegally ride up it. Much shaking of the head and what looked like choice words came out of his gob. I was quite amused by the whole thing. Bloody bikers!
Old 22-03-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2 View Post
I had to smile this morning. I followed a bloke on a Bandit for about 4 miles or so, in fairly heavy traffic wondering why he wasn't filtering (I was in the car), he was following a large mini-bus. When we got to a bus lane the biker looked up the inside of the bus and made to pull up the inside of it. Of course the bus, being a bus, is allowed in the bus lane so proceeded up it, much to the annoyance of matey boy on the bike who wanted to illegally ride up it. Much shaking of the head and what looked like choice words came out of his gob. I was quite amused by the whole thing. Bloody bikers!
I know what you mean
Those indignant and self righteous road users who are in the wrong or just not thinking right.

I was going into town on my Zeph on a narrow and very busy road full of shops and the traffic was crawling both ways. So the traffic stopped and I had a road to my left. A taxi driver who is coming towards me on the other side see's a gap between the cars and thinks he can turn up the side road.
At the last minute as I watch the old twat, he sees me only feet before hitting me and then slams his brakes on and starts shouting and waving his fist at me like it was my fault he was blind and stupid? His taxi was about 2 feet from my right leg at that point 5 seconds later the traffic moved on and he still had to wait as cars kept close behind me.
Bloody bikers !!

Got to laugh at the stoopids
Old 22-03-2018, 06:15 PM

Got caught by double yellow lines outside Northampton General Hospital recently. It was dark and I saw a space between a row of parked cars, not looking too close, I dived in. I could see a sign prohibiting parking between 8am and 6pm within 8 foot of where I was parked and the whole road was full of parked cars at 6.05 pm so I thought I was OK. What had happened was the markings changed from singe lines (controlled by the sign) and double lines (no parking at all) 3/4 of the way across, which because I was in a hurry I didn't notice. I came out and had a ticket on my screen and noticed those on the double yellows had blue badges....Doh! I thought of appealing but just paid up, since it was my fault.

A week later I was back during the day (never park near the hospital during daylight) and spotted an East European lady handing out nice love letters on various car windscreens. I warned one guy who moved away before getting ticketed and went to speak to her Re. the dodgy signage. She listened to what I had to say and when I came out, she was actually photographing the sign because somebody had done exactly the same as I had. Maybe I saved somebody £30 or maybe she was just making sure he had no argument, but I guess I will never know......
Old 23-03-2018, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Today the carpet gets put down!
Old 23-03-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Today the carpet gets put down!
Have you taken it to the Vets?...........
Old 24-03-2018, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

Underlay! Underlay!...
Old 24-03-2018, 07:57 AM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Got caught by double yellow lines outside Northampton General Hospital recently. It was dark and I saw a space between a row of parked cars, not looking too close, I dived in. I could see a sign prohibiting parking between 8am and 6pm within 8 foot of where I was parked and the whole road was full of parked cars at 6.05 pm so I thought I was OK. What had happened was the markings changed from singe lines (controlled by the sign) and double lines (no parking at all) 3/4 of the way across, which because I was in a hurry I didn't notice. I came out and had a ticket on my screen and noticed those on the double yellows had blue badges....Doh! I thought of appealing but just paid up, since it was my fault.

A week later I was back during the day (never park near the hospital during daylight) and spotted an East European lady handing out nice love letters on various car windscreens. I warned one guy who moved away before getting ticketed and went to speak to her Re. the dodgy signage. She listened to what I had to say and when I came out, she was actually photographing the sign because somebody had done exactly the same as I had. Maybe I saved somebody £30 or maybe she was just making sure he had no argument, but I guess I will never know......
There’s a FB group call “fight your private parking ticket” run by a guy called Tony Taylor who seem to be very knowledgeable about beating these tickets.
Tony can act on your behalf during the initial appeals process
Old 24-03-2018, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
There’s a FB group call “fight your private parking ticket” run by a guy called Tony Taylor who seem to be very knowledgeable about beating these tickets.
Tony can act on your behalf during the initial appeals process
Not private, run by Northampton Council as it's on the roads outside the Hospital. I refuse to pay to park in MY hospital, since my taxes/council tax pays for it's upkeep. I park in the grounds of a private hospital (free parking) and walk a Kilometre to the hospital and back......
Old 27-03-2018, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

Stairs done! Now just to redesign the fucking kitchen!
Old 27-03-2018, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Stairs done! Now just to redesign the fucking kitchen!
A few gravy splashes should sort that task
Old 28-03-2018, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Tell that to the Missus!....

I'm off to visit my Late wife's missus, Mal, and I'm having to leave the missus in charge of a paint brush and pot of Osmo Oil! I fear the worst!...
Old 29-03-2018, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Well, visited Mal, My mates' wife, and she gave me one of his guitars, all his fishing kit and his air rifle!! So very generous. came away with a lump in my throat. We went to a Weatherspoons had lunch together, then it was time to drive home...all overr too soon. hopefully We'll be going down again in June for her birthday.
Old 30-03-2018, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

Now back to finishing off the kitchen...again! Third fucking time being "decorated".... In three Years????
Old 30-03-2018, 10:02 AM

An early morning trip across the Pennines to Wrexham, then back across the Pennines home via Ashton under Lyne. Not many bikes out early due to the weather, but now it’s stopped raining they’re coming out of the woodwork
Old 31-03-2018, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

The only thing coming out of the woodwork here is the kitchen!....
Old 31-03-2018, 12:57 PM

FT I fear something disastrous is going to occur by you doing your kitchen. Shall we call ahead for the *plumber, electrician, Gas board, National grid, or the ambulance?

*delete as appropriate