100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 31-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughesh
Meaning, people like the originator of this arguement/discussion (SLOB) should speak on things he knows about.
You having served in NI you would never say things that he/she has, would you.

fuck in hell wish I had read this one sooner. UG, I have to say you have well and truly chucked your toys. I have never served, have never purported to serve and likelyhood is at my age never will. We all make our beds. Just cos I haven't killed, had mates killed in conflict doesn't mean I am not entitled to having a laugh or an opinion for that matter.

I will say this once I TAKE NOTHING AWAY FROM THOSE WHO DO SERVE AND HAVE THE UTMOST RESPECT FOR THEIR BRAVERY AND COMMITTMENT

But if you work with a furnace don't complain when you get burned and do not assume that I am some ignorant gob****e with nothing better to do. I have my share of sh1t same as everyone else.

This will be my last post on this thread cos frankly I think i've wasted enough energy. And clearly you are not going to get over it in a hurry.

I'll respect yours and you can take or leave mine (opinions)
Old 31-01-2006, 08:42 PM

Why is death number 100 so special? What about number 35 or 12 or 98?

Bloody press have been waiting for this for weeks.

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.
Old 31-01-2006, 08:47 PM

It'll get to the stage it did in NI,a squaddy dies,he gets a small paragraph on page five.
Old 31-01-2006, 08:54 PM

G'night HB.
Old 31-01-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ughesh
I wonder how the 100 mothers would see it.
if they wanted a safe occupation they should have signed up for the salvation army.........

as much as i deplore this war theyre in the army and this was their job....

ill think of them with honour but ill still think it was a waste of life for basically making some scumbags richer than the dreams of averice...
Old 31-01-2006, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by critch
if they wanted a safe occupation they should have signed up for the salvation army.........

as much as i deplore this war theyre in the army and this was their job....

ill think of them with honour but ill still think it was a waste of life for basically making some scumbags richer than the dreams of averice...

Well said that man................
It is always sad when a life is lost in war, but that is what soldiers should expect surely. I feel for the families and friends of these brave men, they die for thier country but that don't make it any easier. The bloody politicians should be out on the front line, then maybe they would see what war is really all about........

www.facebook.com/siobhanathon

Leah Wilby 10.07.95 - 13.06.11
Beautiful, funny, clever and kind. Missed so very, very much.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:49 PM
BIGGUS DICKUS

Send a message via MSN to jimmymoonlite
Default Wot fettl.......

Now, I've done a bit of time like a lot of you bros n sistas out there serving the Queen n Country n doin my bit in the LEAN GREEN FIGHTING MACHINE...sadly leaner now than it was in the 70's.

My youngest lad has done his time in harm's way, 6 months in the bad lands down BASRA way and he knows AL AMARAH well........He is now in the land of Erin and under orders for AFGHANISTAN.......

I am proud of my lad, proud of all of them who fly the flag and fight for the colours and most importantly their mates......I have to agree that this is not our war, BLAIR MADE IT OURS HOWEVER WHEN HE BECAME A SYCOPHANT OF THAT FAILED PRESIDENT AND TOTAL TOSSER BUSH.

I know how much my lad had changed when he came home, it took him three days to open up to me but when he did he had to be pissed, (we both were) and we talked until dawn after which he went to bed and slept for 15 hours.
He had some tales to tell and he was honest enough to admit he was either **** scared or bored ****less.
I can relate to that.
Soldiers never think that when they go into harm's way they might not come back, its only when you are advancing to contact that you think such thoughts but with the first contact training takes over and you are there for your mates.
Nobody joins H.M. FORCES with a death wish, those who are are soon weeded out at Colly or Winchester but it really wrenches my gut to see on the news or in the papers another body coming home to grieving loved ones.
I only attended two military funerals for two guys from my unit, one murdered in Bandit country and one killed in a lanny roll over on Salisbury Plain.
I can't forget either.
Only the families of the lads who were carried off the aircraft can describe how they feel, only they can state if it was worth it.
Personally I don't think it is, and I agree wholeheartedly with the Scots father of no. 99 on Iraq's bloodstained roll of Honour ...... let BLAIR send his son.......then perhaps he would not be so eager to further his position on the world stage at the expense of our sons and daughters.

Sorry to go on you kats, I do tend to run off at the mouth but this unjust, illegal and unwanted war REALLY GRIPS MY ****.....

Jimmymoonlite.......who DOES CARE WHO WINS.........
Old 01-02-2006, 06:54 PM

The bottom line is British soldiers are dying to pay for Blairs ego. We should never have been there in the first place. We went to war based on a cynical lie. The blood of every one of those soldiers is on T Blairs hands.

Yes, we know the risks when we take the job. But we signed up to defend our nation and its interests.

Perhaps Mr Blair should change the name of the Ministry of Defence back to what it used to be called - The War Department. At least then he would be being a bit more honest about how he intends to use the Armed Forces.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:24 PM

After reading these past few posts, all I can say is that I have the ultimate respect for the boys and girls of the armed forces. But also for the parents and families of these brave soldiers.
Seeing the change war brings upon your children when they return from war must be a heart-rending experience. I cannot even imagine how you feel. All I do know is that you must be proud as a man could be. And so you should be.
I do know this is a futile exercise, and even though I do not pretend to understand the polotics of war, I do agree that TB should send his son, or better still, put on some greens and get his lousy arse onto the frontline and see if he has just a scrap of the balls our boys have.
I fear the Prime Minister is probably the biggest coward this country has the shame of holding. The man disgusts me in every way, as do all poloticians.

To anyone on this forum who has sons, daughters, family members or mates in the military who are there, or may be called out to war, I wish with all my heart that they return safe and sound.

Respect and honour to you all..............................

Leah Wilby 10.07.95 - 13.06.11
Beautiful, funny, clever and kind. Missed so very, very much.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:26 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke
After reading these past few posts, all I can say is that I have the ultimate respect for the boys and girls of the armed forces. But also for the parents and families of these brave soldiers.
Seeing the change war brings upon your children when they return from war must be a heart-rending experience. I cannot even imagine how you feel. All I do know is that you must be proud as a man could be. And so you should be.
I do know this is a futile exercise, and even though I do not pretend to understand the polotics of war, I do agree that TB should send his son, or better still, put on some greens and get his lousy arse onto the frontline and see if he has just a scrap of the balls our boys have.
I fear the Prime Minister is probably the biggest coward this country has the shame of holding. The man disgusts me in every way, as do all poloticians.

To anyone on this forum who has sons, daughters, family members or mates in the military who are there, or may be called out to war, I wish with all my heart that they return safe and sound.

yeah i agree with this, well done to every 1 out there just a shame for the families loses. juke u got mail hun
Old 01-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhack
Another one died today....Brave men every one of them,

I think if you join up, that's the chance you take...your enlisting in the army FFS not the boy scouts..You get trained to be a killer amongst other things, and as such you automatically become a target of every nut job out there....

If you don't want shot at...don't join the bloody army
Totally agree well said
Old 01-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke

Also very well said
Old 01-02-2006, 07:32 PM

Does anyone really think that all the folk that join the services really consider carefully the risks etc. that go along with the job before they join..

If so they must live in the land of dreams...

There are loads of lads that join the services to get away from a ****e area/job/family life etc.etc. etc. and never consider that they may be called upen to die for their country...

When i joined up, i did so to get away from a ****e place with no prospects of ever getting a job that didnt involve a shovel. Finding out the responsibilities that went with that signature on the dotted line was then and I reckon still is a fecking great shock to loads of recruits...

The argument that they know what they were getting themselves into, is correct in a %age of people but I certainly don't think its the case for the majority of youngsters that join up...
Old 01-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

It is unfortunate Our boys are out there! And put there by government that cow tows the wishes of a war-mongering President!

At least when, Dubya's term is over he cannot be re-elected! And with a bit of luck TB will have gone by the next election! Although I wonder what "behind the scenes" scam he and Gordon Brown, have cooked up, one can only guess! I bet TB has done a deal with Gordon, whereby Gordon succeeds, him Tony will have a place in the new government!

Anyway, Maybe with New governments in place both here and the USA, We will see our boys and girls back from around the world! Not just Iraq.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:45 PM

Don't hold yer breath.........
Old 01-02-2006, 09:27 PM

A bloke spends 12 years of weekends and holidays training to do a job.
He gets to a high level of competance and confidence, works with those who do the job full time.
He finally gets told to go and do this job for real, he's fully willing to do so.
He does the best he possibly can, for himself, his mates, those in charge, those back home.
He comes back home to find his wife of 25 years has left him, he's broke, and nobody gives a sh1t.

People then tell him that what he did was unneccessary, illegal, wrong, a waste.

Dunno why I fcukking bothered.

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Chatter Box

Default 100th iraq dead

yea, i suppose if you join up then it is possible you may die but if you have no other options the maybe survival is way down the issues to be thought about. It is a bloody waste for another young life to go but all life is sacred and there's people dying in Iraq and Afghanistan every day. The idea of these young men dying for queen and country is an old-fashioned one im afraid, esso oil company and it's zillions of dollars profit is what it's really about. My son? id be declaring war on fat rich american and rich businessmen.k
Old 01-02-2006, 11:52 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhack
Another one died today....Brave men every one of them, But,,???

the mother of the Scot's squady killed by a sniper said on local radio that he shouldn't be there..??

I think if you join up, that's the chance you take...your enlisting in the army FFS not the boy scouts..You get trained to be a killer amongst other things, and as such you automatically become a target of every nut job out there....

If you don't want shot at...don't join the bloody army
Totally agree - if you are in the services, you have signed up to fight for your country - hats off to every one of them.
BUT shame on the polititians that lied to them, their folks and us, about why they were going to send them.

What kind of biker are you? Take the Quiz!

A bleachers' for Christmas, not for life