100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 30-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Chatter Box

Exclamation Classic and Custom, bikes impounded by police

Further to my question have Classic and Custom in Derbyshire have gone bust or stopped trading, I was speaking today to the owner of a Harley custom who'd just got his bike back from the police. He told me that around 300 vehicles had been impounded that were at Classic and Custom many of which were customer bikes, some of whom have been told their bikes are built using stolen parts and they wont be getting them back. I wouldnt normally post something like this, as it could be all gossip and a storm in a teacup, but I got the full story from one of their customers who feels lucky to have got his bike back, albeit with work not done after waiting 4 years and with parts missing. Here it is, missing bars, controls, exhaust system, the police told him he may get the back eventually, maybe in 18 months time, if they are ever found.
Attached Images

Last edited by MisterB; 02-07-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: more info
Old 02-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Chat Slapper

Not sure about the current state of play re trading but he is luckier than me - still waiting to hear from the police re outcome of my build parts - was told a month then will be a bit longer due to the amount of work/bikes involved
Old 03-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Need to Get out More!

Iv'e been hearing rumours regarding this for quite a while now...be interesting to find out if its true or false.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Chat Slapper

Have spoken(a while back) with someone from the shop and they confirmed to me that the police had been in and raided them and taken away a lot of stuff including mine - apparently as part of a nationwide operation - now it all needs to be gone through to confirm ownership of parts and then returned to owner -
Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
Here it is, missing bars, controls, exhaust system, the police told him he may get the back eventually, maybe in 18 months time, if they are ever found.
what the hell kind of front end is on that?? springers with leaf spring as well??

a cursory google search shows website domain is up for sale - not the best sign