100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 25-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

Anyone doing taunton deane. I just told this morning that junction 25 has roadworks and sliproad soythbound is possibly closed
Old 25-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Need to Get out More!

that was brilliant,fkin wet,(only person there in jeans ) but first time ive done 30mph down outside lane of m6 with the traffic all behind me,tho was on my todd for a good bit as peeps seemed reluctant to use outside lane.

met some cool people,and fell out with a prick who thought he wuz in charge,something to do with using outside lane heheh.all in all a good day.

Last edited by jcb; 25-09-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 25-09-2011, 02:19 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

which run were you on jcb?

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 25-09-2011, 02:28 PM
Need to Get out More!

somewhere near stafford eventually,got a bit lost on my rideout early this morning,was going peaks,mancs etc but ended up in some backroads with no sign of any fkn motorway.found the m6 luckily.

not good at navigation me..
Old 25-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Jedi Chat Master

did M6 meet from Charnock Richard heading north, good turnour, nice to see a proper cross section of the biking community..bumped into loads of friendly faces..... Plod didn't ruin the fun (well, not for me anyway).. lot's of support from Lorries on other carriageway, and peeps on bridges... and it didn't chuck it down either - bonus
Old 25-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/ne...slow-protest/#

Coverage of M4 Reading east run (me on 125)
Old 25-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Jedi Chat Master

The Walkers run split into two, covering both northbound and southbound A11 with one lot setting off southwards at 12. Both groups decided, for whatever reasons, that they would morph into a rolling roadblock @30 mph. I was leading the southbound group at the agreed 45mph and so couldn't figure out what the fuck was happening to the pack. The two groups crossed midway up the A11 and it was clear that the northbound group were pissing off an awful lot of motorists, going by the gestures and abuse chucked our way. Eventually, 3 squad cars and 3 police bikes gave the back of our pack a tug and pulled them over. Cue a lot of very angry car drivers giving us abuse once the old bill had opened up a couple of lanes for them.

This little incident aside (oh, and the altercation with the taxi driver who accused me of being a masturbator whereupon I told him he was a woman's genitals), it was bloody great to see 25 bikes lined up on Sudbury's Market Hill, several of us said that it must be at least 20-odd years since we'd seen so many bikes setting out together like that. Fair made my old heart sing looking in the mirrors and seeing that lot spread out behind me up the hill towards Bury.

Edit. The run from Ipswich Copdock Tesco also did a 30mph rolling roadblock according to the Evening Star

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/news/ip...test_1_1070421

Last edited by Nufkamp; 25-09-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 25-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Jedi Chat Master

washington services ...
Old 25-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Jedi Chat Master

was a good turnout at exeter services and got to meet mr john hopkins and as we headed up m5 towards junc 27 we passed the taunton lot heading southbound.
As said above it was great to see a cross section of the biking community and we only had 2 little mishaps but i wont mention any names will i mr mickturate and mr hacky

edit forgot to say i met harry aswell

Last edited by pastyman; 25-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 25-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

tried getting hold of Neil, but obviously phone was off,

yeah was mental, we were about 500 ish heading south, turned around at j28 and went straight onto the back of the northbound demo, about 450ish apparantly, the poor ol services at j27 when we came back up were lost, one till not working and no card transactions, as about 850+ bikers descended on them LOL

not a single car came past us on the southbound side, think it was certainly quite a success

I did try and text you neil to see if you were at the demo, or if anyone was going to the shop afterwards, was going to come down and say hello
Old 25-09-2011, 04:00 PM
Chat Virgin

At LEAST 1000 bikers at the norwich run - couldn't fit into McDonalds car park or the garage next door, ended up taking over half the Sainsbury car park next door. Fantastic to see every type of biker - race reps, cruisers, trikes -even about 100 mods on scooters were welcome (never thought I'd say that!). Sadly we got a bit broken up getting onto the A47, turned into dozens of smaller groups, BUT had loads of people on bridges, in laybys waving and giving the thumbs up as we passed. Not our fault the Acle straight is single lane and no cars could get past (tee hee). Great turn out, nice to see so many prepared to demonstrate. Next time during the rush hour and use all lanes???
Old 25-09-2011, 04:32 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviej View Post
At LEAST 1000 bikers at the norwich run - couldn't fit into McDonalds car park or the garage next door, ended up taking over half the Sainsbury car park next door. Fantastic to see every type of biker - race reps, cruisers, trikes -even about 100 mods on scooters were welcome (never thought I'd say that!). Sadly we got a bit broken up getting onto the A47, turned into dozens of smaller groups, BUT had loads of people on bridges, in laybys waving and giving the thumbs up as we passed. Not our fault the Acle straight is single lane and no cars could get past (tee hee). Great turn out, nice to see so many prepared to demonstrate. Next time during the rush hour and use all lanes???
Good wasn't it? I was on the A3 southbound and my mate said "I expected more". There was the usual mixture of motorbikes and only 20 -30 of them at that.
The words were just out of his mouth when a long, long procession of scooters pulled in.
Followed by the
and the
and more scooters
and the trikes
and the
and more scooters

Well done to all involved
Old 25-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Chat Pimp

Default M20 MAG protest

Not sure of the numbers but was a bloody good turn out. I met loads of cool peeps (Big Hi to the Green man MCC all the way from Guernsey!) we did a rolliing road block from M20 J11 services all the way to Dover at 30mph where we parked up in the ticket car park at Dover docks. Police didnt seem too heavy handed, saw a couple of bikes pulled but as I was quite near the front of the pack they may not have been part of the protest? Loads of support from Lorries going the other way and from folk waving from bridges.

Must give a big shout out thanks to the guys from Vikings MC who acted as outriders and controlled traffic entering the motorway slips/roundabouts allowing us all to pass unheeded and making the run in my eyes that much safer and organised.
Old 25-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Chat Slapper

Did the Essex run from 8 Ball Diner, excellent, very good show of support from the general public too, waving from bridges over the A12, Well worth the ride and lovely weather too!!!
Old 25-09-2011, 05:28 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

All the riders leaving Sth Mimms services Hertfordshire at 1 pm going Eastbound m25 and returning westboud one hour of 3 laneing both ways.

YouTube

Regards Knuckle 'ed

Harley-Davidson Rider
Old 25-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Did the A47 Freebridge roundabout. Excellent turn out and great weather. Rolling road block on both lanes up to Elm and back.
The only bad bit was a Harley trying to mate a Kwaka 1400 on the roundabout No serious injuries but the Kwaka was not looking to pretty.
Old 25-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Chat Virgin

met up with a club in mansfield called The Grumpy Old Bastards , real nice bunch, but they wernt grumpy, wernt that old and , as far as i know , wernt born out of wedlock, but i suppose the Friendly, Broad Aged Spectrum,Nice Guys wudnt sound as good ... ahem , i ll get me coat . Anyhoo we went to Tibshelf services and there was about 3 - 400 ish. All went pretty good til the way home when it persisted it down but loads of people on bridges and service stations givin support and rrrespect for the old gal at tibshelf services that asked the question Why cant the politicians just keep their feckin noses out ? Highlight of the day though was when we were all doin the go slow up the M1 and a chap on a vespa went screaming , i mean buzzing , past us all in the fast lane, grinning from ear to ear. Bless
Old 25-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

despite comment on Reading Chron article we had well over 500 bikes running in lanes 1 & 2 we let people on at J11 & 10 didn't block and sat at a steady 40mph (i know cos i set the speed) - was a good ride in lovely weather and again people on the bridges waving. Came off at J8/9 Maidenehead and a lot went off to the Helibikes thing at H's cafe
Old 25-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Chatter Box

Default MAG - Hands Off Biking Protest - 25/09/11 - M1 Junction 30 Tibshelf Services

Good turn out from up our end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2fRJMnF3zM

If you speed it up to 5.00, that's me in the middle
Old 25-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

pics from the blackpool run,

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2643470&type=1

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 25-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

good turn out at stracathro services.
Old 25-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

couple pics from the exeter run..nice to meet you all
i did try my new micro cam but ended up with 2 hrs of sky...lol
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1665710740

Old 25-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Good turnout at Donnington services, we went south to Leicester services, on way back up to Derby there must have been a crash as motorway traffic were stopped by the Pigs, we'll probably get the blame
I'd guess about 500 bikes and on nearing Derby it persisted it down
Old 25-09-2011, 07:46 PM
Rufty tufty biker, me

Good turnout for the Exeter demo, a pleasure to ride with Hacky, Mickturate and Pastyman.
Also nice to meet mr Hopkins and thank for the addition to my library.

Old 25-09-2011, 07:50 PM

And that looks like harry stood with his back to you. Gutted i didnt manage to find you. Certainly gave my trike a good runnig today lol
Old 25-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Jedi Chat Master

yep was harry mate managed to have a natter with him and thanks keith cause its a better photo of me than what hacky put on face book
Old 25-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Self opinionated twat

lol..ive also got 2 hrs of exeter skyline..lol...
Old 25-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Nice to meet you Pastyman.

Met loads of old friends and made some new.

Had a great day.

We made the local ITV news but nowt on the Beeb
Old 25-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Rufty tufty biker, me

The local bbc had a little piece on the Lee Mill one.

Old 25-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Self opinionated twat

Default exeter run footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_Go5AZS1MM