100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 15-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Default Bsh

Hope this dont offend anyone, I just couldnt believe it when I walked into the newsagents and saw the 25th anniversary BSH mag. Jesus christ, 25 years.
I cant believe its gone so quick, I can still remember the excitement of the first edition. Wow! a real British chop mag! Unreal and lets be fair, well done for lasting the pace and thanks for the memories.
Here`s to 100% biker 25 year anniversary....But not to quick ok?
Old 15-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Self opinionated twat

Send a message via Yahoo to hacky

stopped buying bsh years ago..to much (how to put it politley..)harley bullshit...
and from what ive seen some things dont change.......
Old 15-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Banned

Ohh god now i feel old. Its hard to avoid Harleys when all the top builders keep using the bastards, but there has of late been an improvement, I havent bought the mag for years but was lucky enough to win a subscription at last years Siobhanathon, it did impress me how they have managed to bring the mag back around. Not as good as our 100% mag and its illustrius team of freelancers bringing the ordinary peoples point of view But both mags are far to concerned with posting Pics of Wink !
Old 15-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Well it's lasted for 25 years, so the team are obviously doing summat right.

www.facebook.com/siobhanathon

Leah Wilby 10.07.95 - 13.06.11
Beautiful, funny, clever and kind. Missed so very, very much.
www.facebook.com/siobhanathon
Old 15-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

I love my BSH, first half hour is spent looking at all the pretty pics, then scannng the rally pics, to, ooh know him, oooh know her, oooh, wish i knew him, lol, (triumph rockabilly guy, Blue knows who i mean, )
Then hours of great reading.
I dont know the ratio of 'Harleys' to 'other' bikes, all have a valid reason to be in there, and all featured bikes have been a pleasurable read.

I dont remember the 1st issue as i was pretending to be a mod, coz the guy i eventually married (and divorced) was one, and cos it pissed off all 4 men in my family, all rockers. I used to secretly listen to the rock cassettes my brothers would leave around, but to sneak a look at a mag, would have showed them that there rebelious 'embarrassing' sister was truly a proper biker. lol. Obviously they know now, and think it hilarious, i used to flounce around in my parka. oh gawd,

Anyway, the reason for post is.........

Congrats on 25 years and heres to the next.
Old 15-09-2008, 11:57 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I stopped buying BSH quite a while ago. I got sick of the way that it was trying to follow Easyriders. Everything had to be Harley and every feature was a bike costing more to build than most of us could ever afford, or maybe even want to spend on our bikes.

I used to buy and read BSH religiously and knew Alstair Mcfarland personnaly. He managed to get sponsorship agreed for Team Yamaha Drag Racing when I set up the team.

I refuse to advertise in BSH and don't bother to read or buy it now. Big business is involved in it. The original idea and ethos has been lost to the number crunchers. There some good people still working for them, but the mag no longer has any interest for me.

I stick to 100% and BritChopper because they feature the sort of bikes I build and the readers are the people I want to reach with my shop adverts. I won't even attempt to build a cheque book chop. I much prefer to deal with the guys and girls that are working thier fingers to the bone to build stuff themselves and rely on ingenuity, innovation, blood sweat and tears to get thier bikes done.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 16-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

BSH lost its charm years ago. Too much chrome crap for people with big bank accounts.

Must be the born agains and the wannabes buying it.