100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 10-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Default Stopping for other bikers

Something I've always done but should a girlie be worried about pulling up and offering help / lift to broke down bikes? *

*Yes, I did today. Yes, I got a bollocking
Old 10-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Send a message via MSN to Worjorj

Probably the safest people to stop for
Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

its one of those things that you have to way up there are things that you can do to make it safer if you are worried like ringing somebody when you have gone past the stranded biker then go back to see if you can help. is it daylight is the road busy every case is different sorry there is no standard answer.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to xjtriker666

daily mirror tday,,,,
an evil and cunning sex attacker ambushed his victim by fakin a motorcycle accident,
the biker lay in the road and hailed a car he had overtaken,
as the car's female driver went to help him he grabbed her an bundled her onto a verge nr brixam devon,he punched her and molested her bfore being scared off by a passing car,,,
Old 10-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Banned

I would'nt hesitate to stop if I was on my own and, if it was daylight. but i'm very rarely out on my own anyway so it's academic. Yes at night we would stop, but then I always think about helping somebody first and the consequences after!

It is stupid really cos there are some hoons and bleeders who are not necessarily proper bikers, who can just go and buy a bike and pray on sweet young girlies

please no debate about bikers and bike riders. what i am saying is potentially a bloke with a fixation on a woman in leather could go and buy a bike for the sole purpose of unsavoury antics..........oh shut up cbee you know what you mean anyway. I'll just get me hat
Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryB
I

go and buy a bike and pray on sweet young girlies

please no debate about bikers and bike riders. what i am saying is potentially a bloke with a fixation on a woman in leather could go and buy a bike for the sole purpose of unsavoury antics..........oh shut up cbee you know what you mean anyway. I'll just get me hat
i`ve been trying for years, old or young they still ignore me or tell me to fec off
Old 10-05-2007, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Stop and offer help minxy..take note of their number and if anyone hurts you I will get them for you, don't let a few bad scroats put you off one of the things that makes bikers what they are...John
Old 10-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Chat Virgin

Ive always stopped to help other bikers. Only ever once got a bad reception but that was from a salopet wearing geek!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

i broke down on the way home from sunderland when i picked up the fj1200 and 3 NCC lads stopped and got me sorted.......i always try and stop as i have had the boot on the other foot

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Remember one of our local HA telling us how he pulled up next to a broken down bike once and the bloke took one look and jumped over a gate and into a field !
Old 10-05-2007, 08:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to Kylie

I stopped about 6 months ago for a biker sat by the side of the road - asked if he was ok.... he looked really sheepish and said "I've run out of petrol but please don't tell anyone!!!"

He'd already got supplies on the way so I toddled off.

Felt safe enough with 100's of cars going past every minute.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:50 PM

That was my take on it.

Was coming back from the dentist this afternoon, about 3 miles from the shop when I see a guy pushing an FJ12 down the road. So, I stop, window down and ask what the problem is - he'd run out of fuel. The wind's blowing and it's starting to rain. 'No probs' says I, he parked the bike up and I took him the mile or so to the nearest garage and back to the bike. He gave me a fiver for my bother which, altho obviously completely unnecessary, was quite a nice gesture. Seems he's a born again and just getting used to the fuel tank range on his bike.

I think maybe if I called ahead to The Boss, he probably wouldnt be so bothered/worried. Least the person I picked up would know someone knew where I was and who I was with I suppose. Just ****e to even have to think about it to be honest. Werent like that when I were a lass ..... blah blah
Old 10-05-2007, 08:52 PM

I am sure my mother would have had kittens if she'd known i'd stopped, but i've done it for people before - i stopped for a woman who's car broke down in peterborough and gave her and her daughter a lift home.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:03 PM

Glad I aint the only one then. I dont know what would be worse - to be so afraid that I wouldnt stop for bikers broke down or for 'something to happen to me'. If you're gonna get attacked, there are faaaaaar easier ways for attackers to set up a scene than pushing an FJ1200 in the wind and rain along the side of a busy road. That's my thinking anyway.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxy
Glad I aint the only one then. I dont know what would be worse - to be so afraid that I wouldnt stop for bikers broke down or for 'something to happen to me'. If you're gonna get attacked, there are faaaaaar easier ways for attackers to set up a scene than pushing an FJ1200 in the wind and rain along the side of a busy road. That's my thinking anyway.
lmao i reckon ur probably right there!
Old 10-05-2007, 10:00 PM

Default breakdowns

i always stop, and as most of my driving is in the works transit van, it can be handy for giving folk a lift. last year, i was going home and i saw a bike on the opposite hard shoulder. 20 mins later i was going the other way and it was still there. it was fecking cold, dark and pissing down. the bike was a little 250 honda, but the rider was nowhere to be seen. i got out of the van and got my big lamp out, and shone it round, and halfway up the embankment, sheltering under a sign was a young lass, pissed wet through and freezing cold, turns out her bike had died and spat all its oil out over her back tyre, she was on route from blackpool to cambridge and had only got 30 miles before it went. she told me she had rung her father and he was sorting something out, but she had been shiveriung there for 2 hours and no one else had stopped. i offered her a lift, but insisted she rang her dad and told him i was picking her up and told her to give him my name and reg number. he wanted to speak to me, and despite the fact that she had been there 2 hours and he was still at home, an hours drive away, he wasnt keen for me to give her a lift, "so you want me to leave her here on the side of the fucking M6 then? " i asked him. anyhow, i slung her bike in the van, and took her the 30 miles home cos her old fellah would have left her there all night if i hadnt im sure.
my point is, even though i know im legit, he didnt, and she didnt, i could have been an axe murderer!! so i made sure that he knew who i was before i let her in the van, but the fucker was still moaning when i got her back, no thanks for 2 hours of your time and 60 odd mile round trip, kiss my arse, nothing. i wasnt after any gratitude, but he looked at me like i was a fucking sex pest when i took her back.

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

I always refuse any money offered when I help someone, it never costs very much anyway, maybe a litre of petrol at the most..I tell them they can pay me back by stopping for the next person they see that needs help...I always feel good about it..you can't buy that feeling... John
Old 10-05-2007, 10:14 PM

Funny enough, did it today, geezer in full leathers (wet through) and a TT600 pushing it through Camberwell.
He said battery was flat and it wouldnt start, even with a bump, battery was quite flat but after a quick look, I noticed the battery had recovered a bit so we reset his immobiliser (always reset the alarm / immobiliser if the battery goes flat) and bumped it no probs.

Made me feel good and took only 5 minutes of my time.

Free the binary 10
Old 10-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Jedi Chat Master

good on u girl, just be carefull where and when.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

johnr I know where you are coming from..there are some people who don't deserve kids...I bought my son an RAC card so that if/when he breaks down he has always got a way to get home..he's used it twice in the last month...money well spent...John
Old 11-05-2007, 12:00 AM

Got this email of a bloke that I stopped for late last Friday nite on my way home from playin' at the South West Bike Show

Hi Stevie,

I wanted to say thank you for stopping to help me late on Friday night when I ran outta fuel. It's great to know there are people like you in the world. I made it home no problem, needless to say I will remember where that valve setting is for the emergency fuel tank!

Cheers for the CD too.

All the best,

Gabe

He meant his reserve. He'd only been ridin' two weeks an' had never let his tank get that low before. Lesson learnt I reckon. I saw him as I drove past, in a layby, so I carried on 'til I found a place to turn an' I went past slowly, just to see if I was right. So I went back an' parked up behind him. Sorted it quickly, pointin' out his reserve, an' he was on his way.

Yeah, I stop, 'cos I've been at the roadside a few times. A couple of times folks have stopped for me to see if they can help. I've been bloody greatful for it. So yeah, I stop.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

I really can't see the pervs and axe murderers faking bike accidents or breakdowns to try and grab a girlie, given the majority of bikers are male and it can be hard to tell when someone zooms past in full bike kit.

And yes I do stop and I'll always let someone use my phone or give them a fiver for fuel if I can't do anything to fix the bike.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:46 PM
Chat Pimp

I always stop for other riders and help if I can.
Old 13-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Minxy - I always stop if I see them in advance, on the bike or in the car. And yeah there is the safety aspect of it, but if we went around thinking cant do this/that for fear of attack or reprisal's we would start looking at everything in the same way and before you know it you're a recluse in your own home.
Old 13-05-2007, 02:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to ninjagal600

I seen a bloke on dual carriageway near bristol a few years ago...i didnt think at the time..he could be a nutter...i just thought that could be me or mine sat there soaking wet and looking well peed off...asked him if he wanted a lift or to use my phone...anyway...offered him a couple of fags and i took him to a house bout ten mile away...couldnt understand i word he said though... turns out he was a HA...he offered me cash...and i think he said thanks...but he could of said..something else.....didnt take cash but he insisted..then i went on me way..

However just up the road from here...a few weeks ago i stopped to see if this bloke was ok...his chain had come off...(lucky he didnt too)...asked if he wanted to use my phone...he did...phoned his wife...she wouldnt come out...so he phoned a mate...who did...helped them load it in van...did i get a thanks...like feck did i...
Old 23-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Beefy Pickle doesn't bat for the other side (as far as we know)

Send a message via MSN to kitkatman

stopped today for a chap broke down near the A5 bow brickhill, he looked a bit stunned when a dray pulled up, but was more than happy when i got him going again.......blown fuse

.....THEN I REALISED IT SAID THICK CUT

QUALIFIED MEMBER OF THE MOBILE DRUNKEN DISPLAY TEAM....

Old 23-05-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxy

How did you know it was me?

Free the binary 10
Old 23-05-2007, 11:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to Creature

stooped for crotch rocket rider tonight on back road between revesby to horncastle, as i came roudnd teh bend and nearly hit his bike . when i asked if he was alright - yes m8 just stick some flowers were me m8 died - i felt 1 inch tall so sat there with hazzards on till he went
Old 24-05-2007, 12:46 AM

Always stop and help if I can.......never know when you will be on the other end.....
Old 24-05-2007, 06:51 AM

coming back home from creatures rally last weekend and ran outa fuel, reserve tap wouldnt switch so had to stop and unscrew it all. spent about 10 mins on the side of the A45 trying to sort the bike out and there must have been 15 or so bikes go past, not one even slowed down to see if we were ok lucky it was an easy fix