100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 14-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

It would be grand if you got your money back..... or they did all the searches that you had done free of charge.
Old 15-09-2018, 02:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2 View Post
What about yer grand though?

I managed to stop the survey, so that will be carried over to the new place, and I think I can do that with the searches as well, as The reason for pulling out was not a fault caused by me, i.e he did not have the full title to sell.
Old 17-09-2018, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Think about starting to organise the garage, into some semblance of order for packing up. I'm hiring a luton Tail lift just to move the garage, so that I know everything will arrive in one piece!
Old 17-09-2018, 11:42 AM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

A sensible idea Tucky. Are you ill?

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 17-09-2018, 11:45 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
I managed to stop the survey, so that will be carried over to the new place, and I think I can do that with the searches as well, as The reason for pulling out was not a fault caused by me, i.e he did not have the full title to sell.
Good news. Pleased you found out when you did.
Old 17-09-2018, 11:57 AM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

I detest Equity Release, as far as I'm concerned it's legalised theft. You work hard, pay your mortgage off and enjoy your retirement debt free then get bloody loan sharks circling round offering you trinkets. I see the adverts every bloody day and they are aimed squarely at pensioners or those whom took early retirement. The moment you sign that contract you lose everything you worked for. The "Equity Release" company will sell the house to recoup their money before your kids see a single penny. Assuming of course that when all the fees are taken into account your kids actually have a penny from the sale of the house.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 17-09-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
I detest Equity Release, as far as I'm concerned it's legalised theft. You work hard, pay your mortgage off and enjoy your retirement debt free then get bloody loan sharks circling round offering you trinkets. I see the adverts every bloody day and they are aimed squarely at pensioners or those whom took early retirement. The moment you sign that contract you lose everything you worked for. The "Equity Release" company will sell the house to recoup their money before your kids see a single penny. Assuming of course that when all the fees are taken into account your kids actually have a penny from the sale of the house.
Even worse, they can sell it to another company while you are alive, which can then evict you (as you are now a tenant) and make you put the house into 'good order' at your expense. This was happening a few years back when a lot of properties went into negative equity and people were losing their homes all over the place.
Old 17-09-2018, 08:09 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
Off on holiday for two weeks.

Week one is my practical sailing course, this has gone 'orribly wrong already as one of our party is in hospital with pneumonia. He happens to be the most experienced of us and it leaves us short handed to handle the boat.

Then we is off to Portugal for the world superbikes, after that Seville for the flamenco festival and general touring around Spain.

See ya
Our dear friend "Smutty" insisted that we go without him while he was in hospital. He is well known in biker circles so some of you may know him.
Lois and I had a hard week including crossing the Gibraltar Straight in a force 8 gale with blue water breaking over the boat. But I still managed to find my way point or land mark for us oldies.

We both passed and sent a text to Smutty who congratulated us in one text and followed up with a text that briefly told us he was dying of cancer.

We got on the next plane home but were too late he had passed away before we got there.
Old 18-09-2018, 02:11 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Our dear friend "Smutty" insisted that we go without him while he was in hospital. He is well known in biker circles so some of you may know him.
Lois and I had a hard week including crossing the Gibraltar Straight in a force 8 gale with blue water breaking over the boat. But I still managed to find my way point or land mark for us oldies.

We both passed and sent a text to Smutty who congratulated us in one text and followed up with a text that briefly told us he was dying of cancer.

We got on the next plane home but were too late he had passed away before we got there.
I read your post this morning and it just cant sink in, its so shocking. Really sorry about smutty although i never met him.
But congrats on passing the sailing test.
Old 18-09-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
I read your post this morning and it just cant sink in, its so shocking. Really sorry about smutty although i never met him.
But congrats on passing the sailing test.
Second that, losing a friend is never easy, but I guess he cared enough about your life to not interfere with your plans. He saw you had a future, even though he did not.... The true meaning of selfless friendship. Never knew Smutty but would like to say Rest in Peace........
Old 19-09-2018, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

So sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences to you. I lost my best firend last year to cancer and even now, I miss texting him, and his ascerbi wit over my problems regarding moving. He would be having a field day now....
Old 20-09-2018, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator

Right! Industrial strength, cider production is a go! Well, sort of!
Old 21-09-2018, 03:07 AM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Pulping the apples with a potato masher is going to take you some time
Old 21-09-2018, 05:35 AM
Super Moderator

A 14 lb club hammer is on the table!the 20 kg Mild Hot Mango Chutney Container is on standy! Will be filling said conatiner with a windfalls and clubbing the life out of them, post haste! Then maybe not....
Old 22-09-2018, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

Slicing apples and fingers like nobody's business!
Old 22-09-2018, 07:46 PM

Not long back from holiday and today I've been resting.
Been listening to neighbours slamming car doors all day.
You know those cars with 10 doors?
Our neighbours are a noisy thoughtless bunch of tards more so
at weekends when they are off work and have shopping to do.

This is one small but annoying example of urban life, when people make shit loads of noise, play deafening loud music, try to mend their sheds of cars by revving the nuts off them with them scratching their heads under the bonnet. Because as we all know if your cars not running right, if you sit in and scream the shit out of the engine for a couple of hours that will fix it. They light bonfires more days in the week than not. They stand in the street shouting personal conversations at each other several meters apart. Or their dogs are left out barking all night or from dawn onwards. Or you can hear them screaming at their kids or at each other in the gardens having blazing arguments.
Or they arrange their patio building supplies to be delivered at 7-30am after the skip was
delivered at 7am on a Saturday that is.
Shopping deliveries are timed at 8am on Sunday and must be accompanied by loud shit talking about tat on TV or those slugs in the trees or some other pointless pap.
We've had almost 18 months continuous of migrant builders working on various neighbours homes from 7am to sometimes 8pm. They arrive early and then smoke and drink in thrir beat up people carriers for more hours than they actually work. They have to shout in their own language even when standing next to each other.
The daily job of cleaning up litter they chucked on the grass outside our house has stopped since they've gone.

Noise pollution innit.
Old 22-09-2018, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Slicing apples and fingers like nobody's business!
You don't want to be putting any fingers in the mix!
I was learning about cider production the old ways at Healeys cider farm.
Because they had no clean water supply the children grew up drinking cider
from a very young age. Although the cider was full of shit and lead it wouldn't kill
them as quickly as water from local sources would. Hic
Old 23-09-2018, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Openreach are coming to fix the broadband on Monday....apparently!....
Old 23-09-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Openreach are coming to fix the broadband on Monday....apparently!....
I hope they sort it Friar. They might give you a new hub?
As long as they don't interfere with the cider making.
Old 24-09-2018, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

They've already sent me a new hub, the last time! Cider making now on the go! Ready t o pick the next lot of apples. Also picked the first of the Walnuts that got blown off the tree when that Storm Ali (or what ever it was called) struck, and I now have finger that look like I've been smoking Rollies for the last 30 years, despite wearing gardening glove when stripping off the husks!
Old 24-09-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
They've already sent me a new hub, the last time! Cider making now on the go! Ready t o pick the next lot of apples. Also picked the first of the Walnuts that got blown off the tree when that Storm Ali (or what ever it was called) struck, and I now have finger that look like I've been smoking Rollies for the last 30 years, despite wearing gardening glove when stripping off the husks!

I picked the apples off our very young tree last week.
1st year = no apples
2nd year = 4 apples
3rd year (this year) = 15 apples ! Apart from 3 all beauties.

Have fun Friar !
What flavours of cyder are you making? or just plain cyder?
Old 24-09-2018, 08:20 AM

Today I`m doing a bit on the bike then we are going to the cinema.
My whole body is wracked in pain last 2 weeks, onset of winter prolly.
Neuropathic pain has become intense in my left toes. 2nights ago i couldnt sleep from 11pm untill 4 am as the pain was in for 3 or 4 second bursts every 5 minutes. Its like someone puts a gas torch on your toes for 4 seconds then takes it away and the pain away. That,s neuropathic pain and you have to deal with it. Ive upped my gabapentin to try and reduce it.
So some distraction with a movie is a good idea.
Old 24-09-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Today I`m doing a bit on the bike then we are going to the cinema.
My whole body is wracked in pain last 2 weeks, onset of winter prolly.
Neuropathic pain has become intense in my left toes. 2nights ago i couldnt sleep from 11pm untill 4 am as the pain was in for 3 or 4 second bursts every 5 minutes. Its like someone puts a gas torch on your toes for 4 seconds then takes it away and the pain away. That,s neuropathic pain and you have to deal with it. Ive upped my gabapentin to try and reduce it.
So some distraction with a movie is a good idea.
Hope it goes soon, I was lucky they managed to operate on mine and make it bearable. It still dictates my sleeping position at times and I can't kneel on the left knee but better than what you suffer. It used to be that if anything as much as brushed the hairs on my leg, I got the blow torch, now it needs a little bit of pressure to get a bruised style feeling......
Old 24-09-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Hope it goes soon, I was lucky they managed to operate on mine and make it bearable. It still dictates my sleeping position at times and I can't kneel on the left knee but better than what you suffer. It used to be that if anything as much as brushed the hairs on my leg, I got the blow torch, now it needs a little bit of pressure to get a bruised style feeling......
The neuropathic pain ive had since the smash in 2001, but its been getting worse in the last 2 or 3 years. Could be down to the brain injury or the spinal injury, that`s what they`ve said. The locations of it on me are increasing, the length and intensity are increasing and also the duration is increasing.
I get it in my fingers, hands, my arms, my legs, feet and toes on both sides.
I used to be able to stop it to some extent by moving my sitting or lying down position, but no longer. I suppose most ppl would have quit by now, but I,m not a quitter.
Old 25-09-2018, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

pain is an intense, personal thing. Prboably a bit ne age stylee, but howabout trying meditation? mind over matter sort of thing? Zen?
Old 25-09-2018, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Well BT chappie came and testested the phone line, all ok! He went away and climbed a few poles (telegraph poles! mind you, you never know nowadays!) came back and declared everything ok! I said wotabout Broadband...he said Wotabout it?...I said it's fucking slow and keeps dropping out of ti!...he says nowt to do with me, I just had a job to test the phone line, Broad band uses a diffrent system although it still uses the copper wire to deliver! I'll give him credit he did explain it thoroughly, though. So I phones up BT yet again, and get thruogh to Gungadin in PAkistan/India wherever, and after going thruogh my life history and what's the problem he cuts me off and fucks off to lunch or summat, then just s I was about to call bck and rant, he rings back and says that he's tested the line and the problem lies at the exchange and an engineer will see to repair it within the next two or three days! I siad through gritted teeth that this was what I reported a week ago and the last engineer came out and just tested the telephone lines, ehy thr F**k didn't he repair the bloody BB line at the same time (obviuosly I left the swearwords out as I did'nt want to end up back of the queue again!) ho hum....
Old 25-09-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Well BT chappie came and testested the phone line, all ok! He went away and climbed a few poles (telegraph poles! mind you, you never know nowadays!) came back and declared everything ok! I said wotabout Broadband...he said Wotabout it?...I said it's fucking slow and keeps dropping out of ti!...he says nowt to do with me, I just had a job to test the phone line, Broad band uses a diffrent system although it still uses the copper wire to deliver! I'll give him credit he did explain it thoroughly, though. So I phones up BT yet again, and get thruogh to Gungadin in PAkistan/India wherever, and after going thruogh my life history and what's the problem he cuts me off and fucks off to lunch or summat, then just s I was about to call bck and rant, he rings back and says that he's tested the line and the problem lies at the exchange and an engineer will see to repair it within the next two or three days! I siad through gritted teeth that this was what I reported a week ago and the last engineer came out and just tested the telephone lines, ehy thr F**k didn't he repair the bloody BB line at the same time (obviuosly I left the swearwords out as I did'nt want to end up back of the queue again!) ho hum....
BT customer services are crap. We were with bt for years, but got hacked off with the sporadic BB service and failure to deal with any problems.
Been with Virgin since but they have their issues
Old 25-09-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
pain is an intense, personal thing. Prboably a bit ne age stylee, but howabout trying meditation? mind over matter sort of thing? Zen?
I know the NHS is hussling some meditation thing called mindfullness I think?
Not my cuppa tea tbh, beneficial or not. Seems like a bit of a private earner on the side from what ive seen.
Old 25-09-2018, 08:27 PM

I dont have a problem completely emptying my mind like with meditation.
All i do is look at the wiring on my bike or cars and my mind goes blank.
Old 26-09-2018, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know the NHS is hussling some meditation thing called mindfullness I think?
Not my cuppa tea tbh, beneficial or not. Seems like a bit of a private earner on the side from what ive seen.

Michael Mosley on the Beeb this/next week is doing something on placebos. Should be interesting...