100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 13-09-2018, 05:40 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Default Fucking couriers!!!!

Well, bad news today. My Laverda 1200 barrels were sent up to Keith Nairns in Scotland by my garage to be re-bored and get some HC pistons. Enquired and he has never received them, despite the courier saying he had a signed scribble. Fucking Yodel apparently have lost them. Jason at the garage is trying to get some kind of answer but they don't seem to be that bothered. They MAY turn up but from experience when they loose them they loose them.

Jason used his local courier who he has never had any bother with, but it turns out they subbed it out to Yodel

So it looks like I may well be looking for some hens teeth i.e. 1200 barrels for a 1980 180 degree, scouring the forums now.
Old 13-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Now that's a nightmare Good luck in your search but I really hope they turn up.
Old 13-09-2018, 02:35 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Very sorry to hear about that Strider and I hope they cover your costs?
Round here the Hermes delivery driver is a complete git.
Ive complained to their head office on several occasions but they won't get rid of him.
These private postal companies have no regulators whatsoever.
I don't like the guy at all and neither does my little lady.
Old 13-09-2018, 04:50 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Very sorry to hear about that Strider and I hope they cover your costs?
Round here the Hermes delivery driver is a complete git.
Ive complained to their head office on several occasions but they won't get rid of him.
These private postal companies have no regulators whatsoever.
I don't like the guy at all and neither does my little lady.
Can't remember which service it was but I ordered something and waited for it to arrive or a 'sorry you were out' notice. Nothing except a while later an irate message from the sender saying the parcel had been returned. I said they must have tried the wrong address but they had a photo of my front door. When I rang the couriers they said 'He ran out of cards, so didn't leave one'. My answer was 'Am I supposed to be psychic and know he came even though he didn't leave a card' but they weren't interested. I would have to pay delivery again if I wanted it, so cancelled and got my money back, then found someone cheaper that used a different courier.....
Old 13-09-2018, 06:52 PM

Seems that Yodel subbed it out to a private man with a van ............. Jason has spoke to them and they are trying to speak to him to track where he actually went.

On a positive note, I've managed to find some barrels and if the originals don't turn up by the end of next week, Jason has played fair and said he will stand the cost of them if need be and he will argue the toss with the couriers.

I agree with the shit about Hermes too though, there was a guy, I think it was off old Skool Suzuk, had a GSX1100 swing arm to put on my GS1000, he sent it via Hermes and it never turned up

Last edited by Strider; 13-09-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 14-09-2018, 08:40 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

The previous Hermes person was a total 'tard. Never put cards through, pretty sure a lot of the "lost" stuff (There was a lot of it) ended up being opened and kept. I got sick of it and refused to use anyone that use them, enquiring beforehand if they did. We eventually had a "discussion" that resulted in a visit from the dibble after he was caught on camera opening a package of mine, then denying it, calling me a liar and trying to run me over, which earned him a swift removal from his van. ended in him being sacked/moved/assigned elsewhere. I heard on the grapevine he had his house searched. Short of that kind of issue, they're not going to cause themselves hassle and move people's rounds etc.

Now we have a new lass, and to be fair, she's great. Knows to come check if I'm out at the bikes if there's no answer, Knows who will take parcels if we're actually out, you know she'll be out delivering until 7ish.

It's all down to who your local person is.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Seems that Yodel subbed it out to a private man with a van ............. Jason has spoke to them and they are trying to speak to him to track where he actually went.

On a positive note, I've managed to find some barrels and if the originals don't turn up by the end of next week, Jason has played fair and said he will stand the cost of them if need be and he will argue the toss with the couriers.

I agree with the shit about Hermes too though, there was a guy, I think it was off old Skool Suzuk, had a GSX1100 swing arm to put on my GS1000, he sent it via Hermes and it never turned up
I know he`s a mate and that`s fair for him to cover your loss.
Hope there`s no bad blood between you.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSanCen View Post
The previous Hermes person was a total 'tard. Never put cards through, pretty sure a lot of the "lost" stuff (There was a lot of it) ended up being opened and kept. I got sick of it and refused to use anyone that use them, enquiring beforehand if they did. We eventually had a "discussion" that resulted in a visit from the dibble after he was caught on camera opening a package of mine, then denying it, calling me a liar and trying to run me over, which earned him a swift removal from his van. ended in him being sacked/moved/assigned elsewhere. I heard on the grapevine he had his house searched. Short of that kind of issue, they're not going to cause themselves hassle and move people's rounds etc.

Now we have a new lass, and to be fair, she's great. Knows to come check if I'm out at the bikes if there's no answer, Knows who will take parcels if we're actually out, you know she'll be out delivering until 7ish.

It's all down to who your local person is.
The Hermes guy who delivers here is a real angry tard. I have to be so restrained when he comes to the door. He is a bag of bones so I don`t wan`t to slap him. He is ignorant as fuck and the way he talks to my little lady is bad. He doesn`t talk to me like he does to her. He`s probably used to talking to women like that.
Her parents were round here one time and because I couldn`t get to the front door quick enough for him he lobbed a large cardboard box over the side gate which is over 8 foot tall including the lintel. The box landed near to my little lady and her mum stood in the back garden a good 5m away from the gate. He has left parcels in the recycle wheelie bins, he`s put parcels underneath her car on the drive in the rain. A whole catalogue of "don`t give a fuck". Fucking old scrote.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
I know he`s a mate and that`s fair for him to cover your loss.
Hope there`s no bad blood between you.
Not at all, its not his fault, poor lad was sooo embarrassed when he had to tell me what had happened.
Old 17-09-2018, 12:53 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

This is an all too frequent occurrence with Couriers these days. They take your money, then sub it out to someone else so they don't have any claims against them, ie it's not their fault. Hermes and Yodel give their delivery ops 2 minutes per drop on a round that is nigh on impossible to get done in the allotted time. All their delivery ops are self employed too and often don't have the required 3rd party liability insurance to cover losses such as yours. Good luck with it mate.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 19-09-2018, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
This is an all too frequent occurrence with Couriers these days. They take your money, then sub it out to someone else so they don't have any claims against them, ie it's not their fault. Hermes and Yodel give their delivery ops 2 minutes per drop on a round that is nigh on impossible to get done in the allotted time. All their delivery ops are self employed too and often don't have the required 3rd party liability insurance to cover losses such as yours. Good luck with it mate.

the problem with having "subbies" is that as they are actually "their own boss" they, themselves, can take the time they need or want to do the job. The only way that the like of Yodel, hermes etc, is that they give each driver a "contract per delivery" I.e pay per parcel. So they can get upwards of 150 drops a day. and obviously the pre timed deiveries come first. So really it is down to the individual driver to plan and deliver each day. So often the drivers either run out of licence (collects points), burns out (pressure and stress) or just says fuck it and gives up. Then there is the plain incompetents, and the just plain crooks!

However, irrespective of whether the driver has full public liability and transit insurance, your contract as the customer is with the service provider you booked and paid for the collection and delivery to be made through. And they are responsible for your package to be delivered safely and on time, and if it goes astray they must compensate for the loss as they must hold transit insurance. It is their responsibility to ensure that their "subbies" have the relevant insurances in place for them to claim from.
Old 19-09-2018, 03:48 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
However, irrespective of whether the driver has full public liability and transit insurance, your contract as the customer is with the service provider you booked and paid for the collection and delivery to be made through. And they are responsible for your package to be delivered safely and on time, and if it goes astray they must compensate for the loss as they must hold transit insurance. It is their responsibility to ensure that their "subbies" have the relevant insurances in place for them to claim from.
Funny enough, having given this some thought I had come to the same conclusion. It's the same as if you have a problem with a brand new Hoover, you go back to the shop that sold it to you, not Hoover.....
Old 19-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Well the good news is that they have been found

Jason managed to get the GPS co ordinates of where the courier had been and passed them on to where it was supposed to be delivered "Ah" he said "I know where that is, its a bakery". Went round and got them.

The bakery had rang yodel 3 times telling them it wasn't theirs and they hadn't bothered ringing them back

So now they are where they are supposed to be for the rebore
Old 19-09-2018, 08:48 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

To coin a phrase, "You lucky bastard"!!!
Old 20-09-2018, 05:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Funny enough, having given this some thought I had come to the same conclusion. It's the same as if you have a problem with a brand new Hoover, you go back to the shop that sold it to you, not Hoover.....

I bought a VAX, three years ago! I'm just about to get my third or fourth Vax FOC, under warranty! Three time the bloody cable into the switch shorted out. This last time it actually went up in in a puff of smoke and flames. If this one goes up again, which, going by this track record it will! I'm taking it back to the shop!
Old 20-09-2018, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post

Having run my own courier business for 6 years, I can assure you that this is how the "Subbie" behaves, nowadays the Service Provider if it's worth it's salt will have a parcel tracker so that you can track it's movement and se where it ended up....
Old 20-09-2018, 05:34 AM

As it happens I had managed to source a set of barrels via the laverda forums, so did have a Plan B, 475 sir. Not as much as I though, I was expecting twice that if I could have found them.