100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 13-08-2018, 06:55 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Now at sea and the ferry is heading towards Roscoff so that they can do a crew change, then itís back out to sea and onward to Bilbao
Old 13-08-2018, 12:07 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Och... C U Jimmy.... Did you go for beer in Corby Candle?
No, straight there and straight back. Being a Friday afternoon I wanted to get home before the friday maniacs going home from work.
Friday afternoon is a bastard on the road with all the liquid lunch drivers and those who race home to get changed and go up the pub. Friday is officially called "fucked up Friday"
There's ways major chaos on the road network and everyone is trigger happy because its the start of the weekend.
Old 13-08-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
Now at sea and the ferry is heading towards Roscoff so that they can do a crew change, then itís back out to sea and onward to Bilbao
Sounds like an ideal road trip you've got planned. I would have loved to do that when I was fit and undamaged. One of my dream runs was to catch the ferry to Bilboa and then ride all the way round the coast anti clockwise to the big bike festival at Faro.

Enjoy yourself loads!!
Old 13-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
A phone call to trading standards in the morning methinks regarding the crappy estate agent and their agreement T&Cs under the Unfair Terms of Contract act 2015. or summat like that! Makes Ewokandtuck look positively angelic! We will have to adopt these Ts&Cs!
Estate agents.... hhmmmmmm..... Don't you love them.
The Internet hasn't quite killed them off yet. Pity.
Old 13-08-2018, 06:51 PM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Sounds like an ideal road trip you've got planned.
This is an B, the original plan was to go do the rally at Gois Portugal next weekend, Id planned the trip before an opportunity to work on an old regular contract restarted, so I’ve had to cut my my holiday time back to 2 weeks and I have to be back on the job after the August bank holiday.
Quote:
One of my dream runs was to catch the ferry to Bilboa and then ride all the way round the coast anti clockwise to the big bike festival at Faro.
I did exactly that in 2014, when I hit 50 and knowing I was going going to be the carer for my father, with the blessing of my siblings I set off on the “last blast” before parking the bike up. The stops where out, money was no object, top hotels etc. I’d booked an apartment in the village next door to the Faro rally site so I wasn’t even camping at Faro, I even arranged for the jumbo to home deliver my booze and food to the digs.
So the ferry was booked to Santander, the hotel sauce in the centre of Zaragoza was the 1st & 2nd night, following routes listed on the best biking routes website I heading tortosa, then down the stunning N330 towards Murcia which parallels inland the med coast, over one of the highest points in Spain and winding through tiny villages, a couple of nights in Granada enabled me to visit the Alhambra palace, where temperatures hit 47’c at 8pm!!!!
An 8hr ride to Lisbon via seville took me to my mates apartment for a few days R&R, before riding down the Atlantic coast of Portugal and around the most western point at Sagres, and along the Algarve for Faro for the rally.
After Faro I headed up through the centre via Evora, up to the “Portuguese Stelvio” at serre de Estella, then onto the rally at Chaves. After Chaves I headed up to the picos de europa to explore there before returning home for Santander.

The route was slightly longer which enabled me to get the furthest distance trophy at Chaves.

Would I do it again ....... yes with the right company

Last edited by Peirre; 14-08-2018 at 05:56 AM.
Old 14-08-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
This is an B, the original plan was to go do the rally at Gois Portugal next weekend, Id planned the trip before an opportunity to work on an old regular contract restarted, so Iíve had to cut my my holiday time back to 2 weeks and I have to be back on the job after the August bank holiday.

I did exactly that in 2014, when I hit 50 and knowing I was going going to be the carer for my father, with the blessing of my siblings I set off on the ďlast blastĒ before parking the bike up. The stops where out, money was no object, top hotels etc. Iíd booked an apartment in the village next door to the Faro rally site so I wasnít even camping at Faro, I even arranged for the jumbo to home deliver my booze and food to the digs.
So the ferry was booked to Santander, the hotel sauce in the centre of Zaragoza was the 1st & 2nd night, following routes listed on the best biking routes website I heading tortosa, then down the stunning N330 towards Murcia which parallels inland the med coast, over one of the highest points in Spain and winding through tiny villages, a couple of nights in Granada enabled me to visit the Alhambra palace, where temperatures hit 47íc at 8pm!!!!
An 8hr ride to Lisbon via seville took me to my mates apartment for a few days R&R, before riding down the Atlantic coast of Portugal and around the most western point at Sagres, and along the Algarve for Faro for the rally.
After Faro I headed up through the centre via Evora, up to the ďPortuguese StelvioĒ at serre de Estella, then onto the rally at Chaves. After Chaves I headed up to the picos de europa to explore there before returning home for Santander.

The route was slightly longer which enabled me to get the furthest distance trophy at Chaves.

Would I do it again ....... yes with the right company
You forgot to mention the high point of your trip.... Meeting me
Old 14-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Well I passed me exam with a credit. So I'm now qualified to get lost at sea.
Old 15-08-2018, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Probably get lost on a boating lake....Come in no.9 your time is up....
Old 15-08-2018, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post

He's still having councelling....
Old 15-08-2018, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Another estate agent due today to give his/her jackanory story!
Old 15-08-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Oops I’d forgotten about that, though I remember your loverly lady friend.

After getting off the ferry at Bilbao yesterday I blasted down the autopista motorway towards Irun, I got a few odd looks from car drivers at the toll booths when I rode through without stopping as I had a toll tag stuck to the screen of my bike. One scary moment was when I hit a patch of overbanding on the motorway at 70+ which made it tank slap, but all was ok. I headed to a hotel I’d booked in a small village called Bera
I left Bera this morning and have covered around 120 miles heading eastward over the Pyrenees, of shall we say gravel tracks, B roads and a few A roads. I’ve found myself a hotel in Oloron St.Marie for the night.
The plan tomorrow is to continue heading east via Col du Aubisque and Col Du Tourmalet and stop somewhere around St.Giron for the night, then plan where to stay Friday
Old 15-08-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Oops Iíd forgotten about that, though I remember your loverly lady friend.

After getting off the ferry at Bilbao yesterday I blasted down the autopista motorway towards Irun, I got a few odd looks from car drivers at the toll booths when I rode through without stopping as I had a toll tag stuck to the screen of my bike. One scary moment was when I hit a patch of overbanding on the motorway at 70+ which made it tank slap, but all was ok. I headed to a hotel Iíd booked in a small village called Bera
I left Bera this morning and have covered around 120 miles heading eastward over the Pyrenees, of shall we say gravel tracks, B roads and a few A roads. Iíve found myself a hotel in Oloron St.Marie for the night.
The plan tomorrow is to continue heading east via Col du Aubisque and Col Du Tourmalet and stop somewhere around St.Giron for the night, then plan where to stay Friday
Sounds a lot of fun already.
Many other bikes along the way?
Old 15-08-2018, 02:56 PM

Doing a bit more on the garage security today.
I found out last week that a door bolt had become so rusty that it had no structural integrity left. So with a selection of new bolts and fasteners I did the basics of the job 2 days ago. Finishing off today.
Old 16-08-2018, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Many other bikes along the way?
The European holiday season is well under way, besides 100ís of bikes cars, cyclists and hikers also up in the hills making progress slow
Old 16-08-2018, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Off to pay my respects to Dad today. 7 years ago he passed away and the "family" disintegrated! Then over to see our friends in Naarfuckland and play a few games of snooker!
Old 16-08-2018, 05:38 PM

Wow a long day!!!
The satnav said it would be 230km & 5.5hrs of riding, what it didnít account for was the volume of traffic.
With narrow roads, cars and cyclists passing motorbikes etc. It was much harder work that I initially imagined.
But with the majority of the Pyrenees behind me Iím now in a Hotel at Lorp Sentaraille outside of St.Giros.
Tomorrow Iíve a couple of hours ride to Quillan where I can chill for the night, before blasting up the motorway next day to Millau for Saturday night. Though I donít have any specific plans I suspect Iíll be back in the Uk Wednesday or Thursday depending on how fast I head up to northern France
Old 17-08-2018, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hang on! Are going or coming back? And what happened in between, or are you out for the longest ride an afew days?
Old 17-08-2018, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Well, paid my respect to Dad at Colney Wood. I think I'm the only member of the family that goes there! Well, sod the rest of 'em!
Old 17-08-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Wow a long day!!!
The satnav said it would be 230km & 5.5hrs of riding, what it didnít account for was the volume of traffic.
With narrow roads, cars and cyclists passing motorbikes etc. It was much harder work that I initially imagined.
But with the majority of the Pyrenees behind me Iím now in a Hotel at Lorp Sentaraille outside of St.Giros.
Tomorrow Iíve a couple of hours ride to Quillan where I can chill for the night, before blasting up the motorway next day to Millau for Saturday night. Though I donít have any specific plans I suspect Iíll be back in the Uk Wednesday or Thursday depending on how fast I head up to northern France
We rode over the Millau bridge a few years back, its very spectacular. Its worth riding up the gorge du tarn while your in the area.

Enjoy
Old 17-08-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Well, paid my respect to Dad at Colney Wood. I think I'm the only member of the family that goes there! Well, sod the rest of 'em!
You were there and that's what matters.
There are no prizes for having empathy my friend.
You held it all together because here you are.
Old 17-08-2018, 02:56 PM

There were a few times when I was out on my first Hayabusa when if I'd had my passport on me I would have carried on down to the tunnel and fucked off into Europe and just kept going!
Old 17-08-2018, 06:42 PM

In the hotel last night a couple in the adjacent room where a little noisy while shagging, so after being woken up by the noise I had a little fun using google translation and it’s ability to speak French, so among other things I got it to say “don’t wipe your knob on the curtains, she’ll go mad” and “can’t yoy do it right in the 1st 30 seconds”
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
We rode over the Millau bridge a few years back, its very spectacular. Its worth riding up the gorge du tarn while your in the area.

Enjoy
It’s a 3hr ride tomorrow to Millau, with a bit of luck I’ll have time to visit the gorge for look, however as it’s high season for the French National holidays it could be quite annoyingly busy.

I’ve now decided to catch the ferry on Tuesday night from Zeebrugge so I’ve 2.5 days to get from Millau to Zeebrugge. But the shortest route will take me up the A10/A1 motorways around the Shiite hole called Paris, alternative routes are 2hrs+

Last edited by Peirre; 17-08-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 18-08-2018, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Especially for Pierre...

https://youtu.be/qdzOrJHmKaU
Old 18-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Arrived in Millau, the traffic is horrible
The hotel despite advertising they have private parking (for the bike) doesn’t actually have any, so I’ve headed off in search of an alternative

Last edited by Peirre; 18-08-2018 at 12:19 PM.
Old 19-08-2018, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Doing sweet FA!.....
Old 19-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Today I shall mostly be fixing me son's Daytona. He couldn't be bothered to sit in a queue of traffic so bumped it over the kerb.

So now I have to fix the broken exhaust.

Twat
Old 19-08-2018, 03:17 PM

I left the hotel in Millau at 7:30am this morning, stopped at the bridge viewing area for a selfie or two, then 464 miles, & 9.5hrs later Iíve pulled up at a place in Roye (on the Somme) looking for a bed for the night. Riding around the Paris periferique was letís say ďinterestingĒ even if it was Sunday
Old 20-08-2018, 04:47 AM

Thinking of ideas for where to go the last night (2 days) before catching the ferry Tuesday night, with Ypres being on the list to see the last post ceremony (again) and a tour around these graves of the salient
Old 20-08-2018, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
Today I shall mostly be fixing me son's Daytona. He couldn't be bothered to sit in a queue of traffic so bumped it over the kerb.

So now I have to fix the broken exhaust.

Twat

Make him do it but stand over him to make sure he does it right. That'll teach him...
Old 20-08-2018, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Trying to find a quick way of shredding apples to crush for the juice to make cider(?) before all the bloody wasps get to them!...