100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 03-02-2018, 01:11 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

I had an email from a manager at the social services finances team. She said she had tried phoning me but kept getting my voice mail. So she emailed me to ask me to phone her.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

It's surprisng when you get aesy on the phone and threaten to sell their toys how quickly they com and collect! The driver was really apologetic about their manager!

Now just got to finish off the landing and hallway. wait for the new stairs to be installed. Then mend the frnces in the garden rhen....then....sort out getting a new car!...then...then start getting the bike going...Hurrah! Oh and bottling up the homebrew! in between!
Old 06-02-2018, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

Oh well, decided to take the plunge and change the car....went to the local Fords dealer, lost interest immediately when I said no to PCP/PCH deal and only wanted to spend 7.5 grand!...cunts!
Old 06-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

For 7.5 grand you’ll only get a couple of wheels.
You may have to reach further down the pocket if you want the rest of the car

I’m annoyed that I’m going from £30 p/yr road tax to £200+

Last edited by Peirre; 06-02-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:14 PM

£7000 for less than 7000 miles from new and 400 bhp.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--2003/8310519
Old 07-02-2018, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
For 7.5 grand you’ll only get a couple of wheels.
You may have to reach further down the pocket if you want the rest of the car

I’m annoyed that I’m going from £30 p/yr road tax to £200+
I'm going for a Skoda Rapid on or around a 13 or 14 plate, and changing to petrol. They are out there, it's just hunting for the right one. Nearly all these "Car Supermarket" dealerships that have them have whopping great mileages on them! and for a 1.2 ltr car is already on the end of their useful reliability "life"! Probably all pre owned by rental compainies as well!
Old 07-02-2018, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
£7000 for less than 7000 miles from new and 400 bhp.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...--2003/8310519
Nice but I'm having to look for a later reg car. Mine os on a 10 plate and the missus wants a more "reliable" one (ours was brand new when we got it, and nothing has gone wrong with it so far! apart from the emmission scandal thing which has now been sorted!) so we are hunting for a 13/14 plate!
Old 07-02-2018, 07:27 AM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

G’won ... you know you want a go faster Gti
So get your wallet out
Old 07-02-2018, 11:55 AM

tbh I cant drive those small motor cars. Its all about ride quality and I break small cars, The seats tend to break. The smallest car Ive had in years was a BMW 328 coupe and that wasn't too bad for fit.
The S-typeR was tongue in cheek, but older doesn't mean less reliable.

I went down with my daughter to some godforsaken****hole t'other side of 'Unstable to buy a recent Nissan Micra 1.4 sport and the size inside was a joke.
Fine for my daughter, but I looked and felt like a gorilla driving a bumper car.

But each to their own and its always about a balance between what you can afford and what you would like.
Old 07-02-2018, 01:54 PM

Those 3 cylinder 1-1.2ltr cars seem to be high revving and gutless, I was given one as a loan car for a week while mine was in the dealers. The more I read about them the less I like them, some models seem to be worn out by 50K miles when only driven by people doing supermarket miles. This is why I’ve ordered the 2ltr turbo version to replace the oiler I currently have
Old 07-02-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
Those 3 cylinder 1-1.2ltr cars seem to be high revving and gutless, I was given one as a loan car for a week while mine was in the dealers. The more I read about them the less I like them, some models seem to be worn out by 50K miles when only driven by people doing supermarket miles. This is why I’ve ordered the 2ltr turbo version to replace the oiler I currently have
I was looking into a new Ford Fester and went to the local main dealer.
The choices where either a 3 door 1.6 automatic petrol or the 3 cylinder 1000cc ecoboost engine, which gave similar performance on paper.
However the salesman was at least honest with me and said the ecoboost is not as economical as the sales blurb says.
This had come through customer feedback from owners of the 1 litre model. So there was infact no economy advantage between either model for
disabled motability users who tend to do local journeys.

Fuel consumption is an interesting thing between models of cars.
My previous car was a Mondeo GhiaX 2 litre petrol automatic with the zetec engine. It averaged 23.4 mpg.
The new car is a 2.5 litre V6 S-type with 6 speed automatic. This car is a lot heavier than the Mondeo and yet it delivers an average of 30.9mpg.
Its used for the same types of journey too. I am of course very happy to be getting almost 31 mpg in a much nicer car.

Last edited by HOS; 07-02-2018 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-02-2018, 06:10 PM

I am currently running a 1.8 TDCI Focus that I was given for free. At least I can fit in it OK. I was running a Suzuki Alto and I had to drive with the window open most of the time because once a passenger got in their was no real room at all. The car was for sale at £800 but I managed to get it for £250 and it lasted about 3 years. The bonnet catch failed and it was due for an MOT and spares are virtually non-existent as it was not a hugely imported till the following model. It was so rare there was not even a Haynes manual for it......
Old 07-02-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
I was running a Suzuki Alto and I had to drive with the window open most of the time because once a passenger got in their was no real room at all.......
Driving back down the A1 past the metro centre at Newcastle earlier today, I passed a car plastered in logos advertising “Mikes Mini coaches - for 2-16 people”
The irony was that the car was a 2 seater smart car driven by a rather portly gentleman
Old 08-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Fuel consumption is an interesting thing between models of cars.
My previous car was a Mondeo GhiaX 2 litre petrol automatic with the zetec engine. It averaged 23.4 mpg.
The new car is a 2.5 litre V6 S-type with 6 speed automatic. This car is a lot heavier than the Mondeo and yet it delivers an average of 30.9mpg.
Its used for the same types of journey too. I am of course very happy to be getting almost 31 mpg in a much nicer car.
An here's me thinking the 2.0 diesel 407 I've got is pretty poor. It's averaging 47mpg. My old 406 used to average 54
Old 08-02-2018, 12:48 PM

I have a BMW 3 series 2l diesel and it only delivers 35.
But it is an old car (53 plate)
Old 08-02-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2 View Post
An here's me thinking the 2.0 diesel 407 I've got is pretty poor. It's averaging 47mpg. My old 406 used to average 54

Sounds about right, but I've never had a diesel.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Chat Slut

My Scimitar does about 22 mpg on a good day
Old 09-02-2018, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al who is that Al View Post
My Scimitar does about 22 mpg on a good day
Do you use it as your main car though?
Old 09-02-2018, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

I was nearly tempted by a Mazda 2 on pcp!!!!! Then the missus woke me up!
Old 09-02-2018, 09:10 AM

Today I'm getting the car back after repairs and reMOT.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:27 AM

I am also holding the council in breach of contract over my care package today via letter. They want to change the terms of my care contract to where I pay 2/3s of the cost of my care package without any legal basis to do that.
Well 4 years ago I signed an agreement for them to provide my care in the sum of £xx per week and they agreed to provide it. But now they are significantly changing the terms of our agreement without my agreement then the contract becomes null and void. In so far as what I have received from the care providers in my case they are not fit for purpose.
So if they wish to continue demanding I pay 2/3s of my care costs without any legal basis then they will void the contract. I will let them know later today or over the weekend. I don't care its not been worth the aggro and grief I have been given by them since early last year.
They think they are in control and they are not.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post
I have a BMW 3 series 2l diesel and it only delivers 35.
But it is an old car (53 plate)
Now that's poor. The old company pool car 320i would do that (Old M reg 95 ish)
Old 09-02-2018, 06:07 PM

HOS as a Union Rep I learnt that contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on. Probably a clause somewhere where they have the right to change the terms and conditions whenever THEY feel necessary or alongside inflation etc. By all means have a go, you never know and sometimes they twats think they have been clever but unknowingly set a booby-trap in the contract that catches them out.....

On the subject of cars and MPG, I'm not sure what mine does, I just fill it when it's thirsty and use it........
Old 09-02-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
HOS as a Union Rep I learnt that contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on. Probably a clause somewhere where they have the right to change the terms and conditions whenever THEY feel necessary or alongside inflation etc. By all means have a go, you never know and sometimes they twats think they have been clever but unknowingly set a booby-trap in the contract that catches them out.....

On the subject of cars and MPG, I'm not sure what mine does, I just fill it when it's thirsty and use it........

Most contract law is fairly simple, this is more like a retail contract.
I made and agreement with them to provide me with a range of agreed services.
As soon as they start significantly changing the terms which were agreed at start up, then the contract becomes void as in this case. But they are the ones voiding it, they will realise soon when I tell them.
I was a design/project manager in construction so I was quite good on contractual stuff, its part of the job. I amused to dealing with awkward blightaz.
There is also a "fit for purpose" element in the care services they provide.
A duty of care and of course the care act.

In construction some subcontract companies have to be nailed to the contract terms and BofQ and will push it all the time usually looking for extra money, or trying to substitute a specified product for something much cheaper or less durable, or generally looking for extensions of time = more money, or dong extra work which was not not called for so they can try and claim more money, and plenty more and one of my daily jobs was to make sure the client ie the company or individual paying for the building work isnt over charged and there are some very sharp operators out there, but with experience you know the early warning signs and you are then prepared for the incoming claims for additional payment which then have to be evaluated and accepted or rejected.

Last edited by HOS; 09-02-2018 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:34 PM

My previous bike the supercharged Hayabusa managed 17mpg on a good day, down hill, with the wind behind me and the throttle closed.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I am also holding the council in breach of contract over my care package today via letter. They want to change the terms of my care contract to where I pay 2/3s of the cost of my care package without any legal basis to do that.
Well 4 years ago I signed an agreement for them to provide my care in the sum of £xx per week and they agreed to provide it. But now they are significantly changing the terms of our agreement without my agreement then the contract becomes null and void. In so far as what I have received from the care providers in my case they are not fit for purpose.
So if they wish to continue demanding I pay 2/3s of my care costs without any legal basis then they will void the contract. I will let them know later today or over the weekend. I don't care its not been worth the aggro and grief I have been given by them since early last year.
They think they are in control and they are not.
Go for it! They'd rather fight it and waste money than just buckling down and agreeing to do what they originally laid out!! I now believe all government run councils and departments ar illegal and corrupt. A totally new new concept of how public services are run must be found...
Old 10-02-2018, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Amount put in tank divided (where the f*ck is the division key when you need one?) by the total mileage used = MPG (I think...)
Old 10-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Most contract law is fairly simple, this is more like a retail contract.
I made and agreement with them to provide me with a range of agreed services.
As soon as they start significantly changing the terms which were agreed at start up, then the contract becomes void as in this case. But they are the ones voiding it, they will realise soon when I tell them.
I was a design/project manager in construction so I was quite good on contractual stuff, its part of the job. I amused to dealing with awkward blightaz.
There is also a "fit for purpose" element in the care services they provide.
A duty of care and of course the care act.

In construction some subcontract companies have to be nailed to the contract terms and BofQ and will push it all the time usually looking for extra money, or trying to substitute a specified product for something much cheaper or less durable, or generally looking for extensions of time = more money, or dong extra work which was not not called for so they can try and claim more money, and plenty more and one of my daily jobs was to make sure the client ie the company or individual paying for the building work isnt over charged and there are some very sharp operators out there, but with experience you know the early warning signs and you are then prepared for the incoming claims for additional payment which then have to be evaluated and accepted or rejected.
Like you I was a fully qualified Engineering Buyer by "profession" (hah!). So dealing with contracts and learning contractual law was a necessary part of the job. So many people do not read the very small print, so get cuaght out by the claused hidden way down the list and pages in a contract. Most contracts that have been laid down by the Service Provider are grossly in favour of them and not the client. I always read a contract in front of the vendor even if it takes a good half hour or more (this really pisses them off. I often tell them to go get a cupp or something and I'll call them when ready! It's amazing how much extra they will reduce the price by just to get you to sign and go!) Once I've read the contract I uaually strike out all the suspect clauses and then get them to resign the contract before I sign, I then tell them that this is now the legally binding contract and supercedes all previous agreements, and I will keep the original or get them to copy the amended contract and then sign both copies. You'd be surpised how many salesmen pull out of the sale. Usually estate agents and Car Sales staff!
Old 10-02-2018, 07:41 AM

I’ve just received an invoice for €16.62 (£14.90) from a Uk debt collection company acting for via verde (the Portuguese toll Co) for not paying the tolls on the hire car I used 1 year ago to go to Portugal for carnival.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

lookoing to buy another car and saw one that vaguely fitted the bill so I phoned them up, told them what I'd got and my budget and would they consider this against the car I wa talking about, my budget being £7500 total and the car I was looking at £8990 or therabouts, and said that I would come down and talk if there was "wriggle room" but don't waste both our time if not as IU would need to drive att least an hour to two hours to get to them. The sales girl said yes. Yesterday morning I phone to confirm everything and spoke to another sales prat named "Kieran" (the name says it all) Who said that "Brandi" was ourt aide and could he help? So I went through a shortened speel about what I was about to come down and see, and he said that "sorry but Brandi had got it wrong and that the car I was interested in would not be in the price range that I had descussed with Brandi" I told him to fuck off and not interfere with someone else's negotiation, it wasn't his desicion to sell me the car, so but out!" I really hate sales staff trying to fuck up a sales because they won't win and get the commission. I've had this so many times when buying cars in dealerships! So I didn't get down to Wings in Peterborough in the end. I got an email from the girl saying that "Kieran" had put her in the picture re my budget, ( Ithoughr I had already told her that!) and would look for another car for me and email me back at the end of the day! I'm still waiting for that email! I can't wait to get the next phone call... I tell her what a prat "Kieran" is!