100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 22-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Chat Virgin

ive got a reliant based trike the wife drove me mad to get one i wasnt realy bothered but i must admit i love it it just isnt fast enough so i brought a bike to go with it ill use the trike for pottering around on and doing rallys and the bike for everything else fun in life
Old 23-02-2013, 10:40 AM
Chat Slut

After a serious accident a couple of years ago I'm unable to ride a bike, so I got a trike. I love it. It's correctly built and registered & uses an XJ 900 engine so not the fastest, but that's not the point.
Without it I would only be on the road again in a car, I couldn't go for rides with me mates & would miss out on loads.
So for me it has loads of advantages over a car.

I thought the idea of custom was diversity, one persons dream is another persons nightmare.

I agree with Chopper on one point, that there are some badly built & probably dangerous trike out there, but you've also got some badly built & probably dangerous bikes as well.

So enjoy what you ride, if you don't then change it.
Old 24-02-2013, 12:51 AM
Jedi Chat Master

I have got to admit mine hasn't turned a wheel for a couple of years it's just filling the garage
But as some of you know my back is fucked i can't have any more epidurals as my coxix is crumbling, so now have to have nerve blocking injections into the sides of my spine on a regular basis, and live on a diet of opiate painkillers i can no longer ride a cruser type bike due to the pressure on my lower back, my old BM i can still ride in relative comfort 200 mile days are about it if i am going to walk after, i am looking into doing a flat bar conversion at some time

I carry my stick everywhere i go as i can't stand for more than a few minutes without leaning on something

When my back get's so bad i can't use the bike the trike will be coming out again, but for the time being the medication is working far better than when the trike was built so the trike stays where it is
Old 24-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Chat Slapper

Default Hornets nest this one

According to dvla they are tricycles and i would have to agree they are not 2 wheeled so not motorcyles.
Old 24-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxbobber View Post
According to dvla they are tricycles and i would have to agree they are not 2 wheeled so not motorcyles.
No shit Sherlock.

Which is what most people couldn't give.
Old 24-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Chat Slapper

Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid View Post
No shit Sherlock.

Which is what most people couldn't give.
Alright calm down raw nerve eh
Old 26-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Chatter Box

Location: Berkshire boy at heart, now living in sunny Northants

Quote:
You could always ride your z400 trike. Do you still have the 3 wheel piagio van moped trike thingy? That was funny rolling out your workshop, have the guy's in the paint shop stopped laughing? You might have to explain that one now,
The 400 is now a 550 and is the wife's as since her knee op she cant bend her leg properly and has had to sell her Fazer. As for the Piaggio Ape that was the funniest thing ever but sold that ages ago. I think my old R80 trike is still about somewhere oop north as well.

Quote:
he has a Noddy car now.
Yup and proud of it, for the first time in 24 years I have stayed dry and warm all winter..... LOVELY!

Making bad taste look good!

Last edited by deefer; 26-02-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by deefer View Post
yup and proud of it, for the first time in 24 years i have stayed dry and warm all winter..... Lovely!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:15 PM
Chat Slapper

For my 2 pence worth,
I reckon they're all trikes irrespective of what engine it is or what it's based on.
On a personal note I like some of them. Nearly bought one once. I wouldn't have one at the moment, but I'd have one a little later in life or if I couldn't ride a bike for some reason.

It all depends what they look like to me, rather than what motor is in them or what they are based on.
To me they are a very "Custom" vehicle so if I could build one it would either be a big V8 or it would be Rothesque looking.

I remember one at a show in Llandow in the early 90's built by some guys from Bristol, and it was basically a 350 Chevy engine with a bike front end bolted to it, single seat and an MG back axle with uprated halfshafts. No gearbox. A real squat, streetfighter of a trike. Pure animal.

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of Boom trikes either. They look like the old Pheonix trikes with a shed load of chrome scaffolding attached. IMO :-)
Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS RACING View Post
I remember one at a show in Llandow in the early 90's built by some guys from Bristol, and it was basically a 350 Chevy engine with a bike front end bolted to it, single seat and an MG back axle with uprated halfshafts. No gearbox. A real squat, streetfighter of a trike. Pure animal.
Stefan, the traveller, did that I believe (although I could bee wrong, it was a while ago).

He also built a 2 litre Cortina bike along the same lines, and while down in Portugal a 2 litre 'Tina trike that I last saw being used a kids' climbing frame.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Chat Slapper

Could have been. It was a long time ago.

I seem to remember the name Kelvin though, and I'm sure he went on to race a Model T up Avon Park. I could be wrong, it has been known. LOL

I would love a car engined bike. I always wanted that Pinto one. It was up for sale quite cheap if I remember, or there might have been another one around.
Now a modern motor which would be smaller, lighter and more powerful would be great in a bike. Honda Civic Type R, Ford Duratec, K series MG (Once the head gasket has been done).

But I digress. :-)

I also like the trikes which are essentially a bike with an axle bolted on. Some look really tidy and are a practical solution for a lot of people. Me included coz I'm crap with spanners.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARVIS RACING View Post
Could have been. It was a long time ago.

I seem to remember the name Kelvin though, and I'm sure he went on to race a Model T up Avon Park. I could be wrong, it has been known. LOL
Are we related?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Chat Slapper

HA HA My dad did used to travel a lot in his younger days :-)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarvis racing View Post
ha ha my dad did used to travel a lot in his younger days :-)
Old 14-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

couldnt give a fek. ride / drive allsorts now. love me chops. ridden both bike and car engined trikes seen excellent car engined and awful bike engined and vice versa. seen / owned awful customs and good uns

fek em all, if i like it, ill ride it. sod' em