100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default shipyard closures

I think it is a sad day when they announce the loss of so many jobs in Portsmouth, It's bad enough to lose the jobs but tonight I watched the Prime minister say on TV that if Scotland got independence there would be no warships built for Britain..However all polititions claim the closure of Portsmouth shipyard is just good business because it is cheaper to build ships in Scotland and the Scots have more ability and skills to build the ships..

Am I over suspicious or do the polititians think everyone is gullible..

Is the Prime minister saying that if Scotland gets independence the British government will no longer deal with them, in spite of the Scots expertise, Is he saying that if Scotland gets independence he will re-open the portsmouth shipyard in spite of the extra cost and lower standard of expertise.

So if I'm not being over suspicious why is the government refusing to sign the contracts to build new warships until after the vote for an independent Scotland.

I think the Prime minister has insulted both the Scots and the English in one badly thought out speech.

The more I learn about politics the less I like our government.

John.