100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I know what you mean about management, though sometimes the 'them and us' came from the shop floor as well. At Cosworth's the company had been started by two guys in a back street garage tuning crossflow engines. The company had got too big for them and so management were employed. Unfortunately most of them seemed to be rejects from other industries including one guy who had worked for a tyre fitting firm that folded, I wondered why? The management plan to make you do what they wanted was to shout very loudly in your face until you ether did as you were told (not always the correct thing though) or you left. I stood up to those wankers and made one lock himself in his office because nobody had stood up to his bullying before and he didn't know how to handle it. I was so disappointed with the management I started to do a management course at college paid for by myself. But the kind of crap you talked about was what they were actually teaching! One scenario was that you have come across two guys fighting on the premises, what do you do? My answer was interview both men, find out why and discipline as necessary ie. the one who caused the fight. However the correct answer was...... sack both for gross misconduct. which seemed to be the answer to almost any scenario....