100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 31-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Chat Slapper

Default You can forget all the arguments over patches now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12311184
Old 31-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

This means I will have to resign from the young conservatives..

If I am arrested for gang related crime...

John.
Old 31-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Chatter Box

Location: Berkshire boy at heart, now living in sunny Northants

Yeah, and now that they have slashed the police forces budget, exactly who is gonna enforce this? Just another ill-concieved piece of non-law to help the Mail reading middle classes sleep at night....
Old 31-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwca View Post
Good.

I can sleep at night, now.

Old 31-01-2011, 09:24 AM
Need to Get out More!

Thats Devastating news then for H.O.G members ..(Harley Owners Gang).they ride as a gang..meet up as a gang..Hang round on street corners, and shops, as a gang...Will Their Gang now go BANG...or will they create a new badge for the chapter..."I've Been Gang Banned"..hee hee
Old 31-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Gang/club
Tomato/ter-may-der.

Same shit, different know-all.
Old 31-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default this is for toe rags init?

this is for yer 'social housing' wannabe bad boys, dogs on string thing, the feckers wot do their neighbours over (cos its hard work robbin the rich innit?)

& has to have some 'evidence' attached to it...Plod last I looked weren't big on evidence against MC's, they talks hard but never produce any...plod to a T that is.
Old 31-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
this is for yer 'social housing' wannabe bad boys, dogs on string thing, the feckers wot do their neighbours over (cos its hard work robbin the rich innit?)

& has to have some 'evidence' attached to it...Plod last I looked weren't big on evidence against MC's, they talks hard but never produce any...plod to a T that is.
We all know who and what it is aimed at,BUT just wait til August,if not used before,Warwickshire Police will be out having a bloody field day,you can bet on it.
It will be very interesting indeed to see just how they manipulate and corrupt the 'meaning / wording' of the actual law on this one to make it fit their own corrupt ways,bastards.
Old 31-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Administrator

All wearing similar clothing, violent tendencies, involvement in crime...

Plod will have to arrest themselves...
Old 31-01-2011, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Gang injunctions can be used to ban people from certain places or from walking aggressive dogs.
Going to quiet in some areas around here if that comes in
Old 31-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

And how the feck will they enforce that ..in some of the schemes around Glasgow the polis wont go in unless in a van with about a dozen of the corrupt inept pricks. Oh sorry I forgot they will only use this proposal to fuck over folk who can be identified not yer shell suited mutant clones....

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 31-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Need to Get out More!

Default mmm

Mmmmm ( Individuals could also be forced to take part in activities designed to protect them from gang culture, such as mentoring schemes, or could be banned from wearing certain colours used by gangs to signify membership.)

labour, conservative, liberal, the greens,
Old 31-01-2011, 08:25 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
Mmmmm ( Individuals could also be forced to take part in activities designed to protect them from gang culture, such as mentoring schemes, or could be banned from wearing certain colours used by gangs to signify membership.)

labour, conservative, liberal, the greens,
Old school ties?
Old 31-01-2011, 08:53 PM

well the questions that springs to mind here are these........

when does a group of people become classed as a gang?

how many people does it take to make a gang?

if a group of people hang out together and all wear differant clothing does that mean then that they can not be classed as a gang?
Old 31-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwca View Post
take more than that to stop us.
Old 31-01-2011, 10:18 PM

Aimed at youth gangs at the moment then, but they'll no-doubt try and use it against bike clubs. Mind you, how they gonna stop you if, like alot of people, you have your colours tattooed on your back?!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:12 AM

Old 01-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

so they want to get rid of groups of people hanging around together, dressed similar. maybe dressed in a away that makes a statement, nothing based on religion, just a choice, or a way of life?

Old 01-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Getting back to being serious - this is taken straight from the Statutory guidance on this legislation http://www.official-documents.gov.uk...0108509599.pdf - especially read the last line which i have bolded - the definition most definitely could be used to cover an MC - more than 3 people, has colours & associated with an area

2.2 What is gang-related violence?
Section 34(5) of the 2009 Act defines gang-related violence as: “Violence or a threat of violence which occurs in the course of, or is otherwise related to, the activities of a group that: a) consists of at least 3 people; b) uses a name, emblem or colour or has any other characteristic that enables its members to be identified by others as a group; and c) is associated with a particular area.” Gang injunctions are intended to be used against members of violent street gangs. However, setting out what is meant by ‘gang-related violence’ in legislation is a complex task. The nature and form of gang-related violence varies significantly between areas and is not easily captured by a single definition. The wording of the definition used in the 2009 Act is therefore intentionally broad and wide-ranging to ensure gang injunctions can be used
Old 01-02-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
“Violence or a threat of violence which occurs in the course of, or is otherwise related to, the activities of a group that: a) consists of at least 3 people; b) uses a name, emblem or colour or has any other characteristic that enables its members to be identified by others as a group; and c) is associated with a particular area.”
Excellent. that is one of the best definitions of the Metropolitan Police Force I've seen in a long while.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:04 PM

I always try and find the actual wording of statutory guidance rather than media spin as it give a far better idea of how it might be used. The guidance does go on the state the kind of evidence a police force would need to present a court as well. It seems that these gangbo's or whatever they are calling them can not be used to break up a gang they have to be used against an individual to keep them out of its association. Also evidence of previous criminal activities that can not be directly linked to membership may backfire against them.

This is the relevant section

Although the court will decide in each case what evidence is relevant or admissible, it is advisable that applicants carefully consider what evidence they seek to introduce. Seeking to cast doubt on the respondent’s character through using unrelated evidence may not be well received by the court. For example, it is unlikely that evidence showing that the respondent has engaged in criminality that is not gang-related would be admissible. Evidence that the respondent has previously engaged in gang-related violence is much more likely to be ruled relevant and admissible. First-hand evidence (i.e. evidence from a witness describing what they have seen or encountered) is preferable. The most effective evidence is that which comes directly from those living in communities directly affected by gang-related violence and who can identify the respondent as being a member of the gang and being involved in gang-related violence.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:11 PM

5.2.3 ‘Gang colours’ and other identifying features The 2009 Act includes in its definition of a gang the necessary condition that the group ‘uses a name, emblem or colour or has any other characteristic that enables its members to be identified by others as a group’.5 These identifiers can also be intimidating to others and provoke violent reactions from rival gangs. In these circumstances, applicants may wish to seek to prohibit the respondent from wearing particular colours or types of clothing that identify them as a gang member. To successfully apply for such a prohibition to be included in an injunction without disproportionately infringing the respondent’s civil liberties, the applicant will need to demonstrate that the respondent is a member of a particular gang that is identifiable through a particular colour, item of clothing or other identifier, and that preventing the respondent from wearing this item will help to prevent gang-related violence.

If you had a tat of your colours then stopping you wearing your cut off would do nothing to prevent identification so would surely be a valid defence against the prohibition
Old 01-02-2011, 01:19 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

What about sports fans? When I go to watch Bradford Bulls play with several thousand other fans all wearing the same club "colours" (Predominantly white with red, amber and black if you don't know), could we be deemed as "a gang"? Especially when there are the oppositions fans all wearing their "colours" too!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Chat Slut

"
Quote:
This isn't anti-social behaviour - you're talking about shootings, knife incidents, serious youth violence.

I would call all those rather anti-social, or am i just being picky?
Old 01-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermann View Post
Excellent. that is one of the best definitions of the Metropolitan Police Force I've seen in a long while.
especially when they are disrupting a peaceful demonstration or picket line and they are carrying offensive weapons and using attack trained animals.

John.
Old 01-02-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
What about sports fans? When I go to watch Bradford Bulls play with several thousand other fans all wearing the same club "colours" (Predominantly white with red, amber and black if you don't know), could we be deemed as "a gang"? Especially when there are the oppositions fans all wearing their "colours" too!
actually i had been thinking they could use this to stop a known football hooligan from wearing his teams colours - as more than 3 people - wears a set of colours and associated with an area (except man utd fans). If someone had a history of fighting with other teams fans then those acts would be in the "cause" of their "gang" membership so would be covered by this legislation.

Rugby fans would be safe as they don't meet the antisocial behaviour bit - when was the last time you saw ANY hassle at a rugby match
Old 01-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

perhaps they could use the same rules with the toffs at the polo matches, they can get right messy!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurzel View Post

Rugby fans would be safe as they don't meet the antisocial behaviour bit - when was the last time you saw ANY hassle at a rugby match
Yeah but what about the players?

Seriously this is a nasty bit of lawmaking.

The scope for abuse is enormous.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:25 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

This law will be used against anyone the police want to use it against.
For instance if you or I turned up at some isolated piece of common land as a group and pitch a few tents they'd invoke the CJA and move you on.

Turn up on a horse with a red coat for an illegal fox hunt and it'd be "yessir, yer lordship, do you want oi should open the gate for 'ee?"

http://atmviheo.blogspot.com/
Old 01-02-2011, 08:28 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird View Post
Turn up on a horse with a red coat for an illegal fox hunt
an they'll be nowhere near.