100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 06:21 PM
Chatter Box

Default Express Insurance... Bunch of w@nkers!!!

Had a letter from my insurance company 2 weeks ago saying they needed more info or will cancel my insurance.. So I called straight away and provided the info they needed and was told nothing more was needed and my insurance would not be cancelled...

today I have received a letter saying my insurance was cancelled on the 6th and I owe them the remainder plus a cancellation charge... They are now closed till Monday leaving me with no insurance...

Fed up of insurance companies doing what ever they like, frankly i think I'd have less hassle running with no bloody insurance!
Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Chat Virgin

They are all robbing fuckers
Last renewal mine was doubled
I've not had a claim or any sort of knock
Cunts the lot of them

AND THE FUCKERS WITH NO INSURANCE SEEM TO GET FINED LESS THAN THE COST OF INSURANCE - how does that work ??
Old 10-11-2013, 05:48 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

all insurance companies are great when taking your money, try and make a claim and they suddenly become very aggressive at avoiding paying out, ive asked a few times for 100% to start there own insurance company,see if they can do a better job
Old 10-11-2013, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

That's never going to happen..

Insurance is never going to make everyone happy because we are all different..

I want the cheapest insurance just for the legal requirement and I never want to make a claim..

The insurance company wants as much money as they can get from me...

I want cheaper insurance next year because I haven't made a claim..

The insurance company want to charge me more because their staff wages will increase..

You want to pay less than I do but if you get a scratch on your paint you want a new paint job and protected no claim discount..

If you don't get what you want you will shop around..

If I don't shop around my insurance will cost more every year in spite of the fact that I never claim..

It's time insurance companies rewarded loyalty with lower prices each year the customer stays with them instead of increasing prices for those that stay and offering new customer discounts.

John.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:44 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Good solicitor to sue them for loss of amenities and mobility over the weekend would be the modern alternative to twatting the insurance clerk but even that would just increase premiums. They've got us right over a barrel and they know it. Grrrr
Old 10-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Chatter Box

Looking forward to seeing what they have to say about it tomorrow!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony

I had same problem with Ebike, you send all info in by Email, they just never replied, then sent me leter saying they cancelling the policy as I hadnt supplied the information

the letter gave me 7 days from the date on it to get it sorted, it arrived 5 days after the date!!

I had been sending the paperwork from 4 different Emails, at least 3-4 times a day, every day for about 9 days, each time asking for a reply confirming receipt, not one of them Emails bounced back

I did get an Email confirming recipt of all my details and that all was ok, then noticed a few days later that despite my name and Email it wasnt my policy number!!!

so I went to town on them via twitter and facebook etc, soon many other people piped up with same experience

it was an 82 policy

had been on cover for about 14 days, they wanted 50 admin fee, plus 82.50 cancellation fee

so 14 days cover was going to be approx 2.5 times the years policy??

I put all the paperwork together that they needed, along with shitty letter, sent it special delivery saturday service, 10.50 to post it

they were there Saturdays, but they refused it

so now my lesson is learnt, they have cheap policy, easy to sort out online and modified bikes etc.

BUT dont send NCB and driving license by Email, sned by recorded post as you can proove they have had it in good time

cant even phone them, its about 1.80 per minute or something silly, did try once in desperation but theres about 3 minutes or more of waffle and automated insurance speak before you even get to the "sorry our offices are now closed" message AARRGGHH

Last edited by devon-tony; 11-11-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Jedi Chat Master

The insurance and financial 'services' industry is only there for 2 reasons

1......The law says you must be insured

2......You need these people,so Rapists ,Pikeys and the govt, look better
Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Chatter Box

Finally got through to them after spending half hour on hold... They have Dmitted it was their error and have re-instated my policy but refuse to compensate me for my troubles so have requested a call back from. Manager which will tAke 24hours!
Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Insurance is like anything else these days. You get what you pay for.

The firm I work for has been losing clients hand over fist because it's cheaper to talk to meerkats, red phones, fat opera singers etc, and people are just concerned about the cash in their pocket.

However, we're seeing a load of clients come back after they've been shafted royally by said companies...

Unfortunately, we don't sell bike insurance, so don't ask
Old 12-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Chatter Box

Well... Over 24 hours later and no call from a manager!
Old 14-11-2013, 02:41 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

I hope this is not seen as a plug put ive been with bennets for a while and its great, though not had a claim, I don't want to claim I love my bike, and would be devastated if it was damaged,
Old 14-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

I'm with Bennetts and I paid 66.42 in 2012 and last year it went down to 50.86 for 2 Honda VT700's 1 VT1100 and one Kwak VN1500..third party only but I don't claim and I only get my insurance because the law demands it..

I really can't grumble..

John.
Old 14-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

I moved from Bennets to MCE when they tried to hike my XJR1300 from 110 to 180 (need class 1 business use), likely next year I will swap back when MCE try to do similar
Old 14-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale rider View Post
I hope this is not seen as a plug put ive been with bennets for a while and its great, though not had a claim, I don't want to claim I love my bike, and would be devastated if it was damaged,
Bennets are just a broker... Now check who your actually insured with, because when I found out I was with Aviva my head hit said desk!!!!

I thought I was with Bennetts, but turned out they'd insured me with the worse bunch of thieving shafting bastards on the market.... Aviva stole my bike and everything on it (because they'd sold it before I'd accepted the offer!!!) I made them pay for doing that!!!
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 15-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothtec View Post
Bennets are just a broker... Now check who your actually insured with, because when I found out I was with Aviva my head hit said desk!!!!

I thought I was with Bennetts, but turned out they'd insured me with the worse bunch of thieving shafting bastards on the market.... Aviva stole my bike and everything on it (because they'd sold it before I'd accepted the offer!!!) I made them pay for doing that!!!
Didn't realise they could do that!
Old 15-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

It's more or less standard practice now, the bike is collected by someone and delivered to a place for the insurance company to access, that costs about 150. then it is stored at god only knows how much a day..that is the reason it gets written off, because by the time you add up the recovery charges and the storage charges and the repair charges it is a forgone conclusion that the insurance company will allow the storage company to keep the bike if they will defer the storage charges..With this knowledge you can only hope that you make the claim for replacement as high as you can..and if at all possible get the bike delivered from the crash site to your home for the insurance accessor to view.

Of course I could be talking rubbish but then I am a very cynical old man.

John.

Last edited by John Hopkins; 15-11-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 15-11-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
It's more or less standard practice now, the bike is collected by someone and delivered to a place for the insurance company to access, that costs about 150. then it is stored at god only knows how much a day..that is the reason it gets written off, because by the time you add up the recovery charges and the storage charges and the repair charges it is a forgone conclusion that the insurance company will allow the storage company to keep the bike if they will defer the storage charges..With this knowledge you can only hope that you make the claim for replacement as high as you can..and if at all possible get the bike delivered from the crash site to your home for the insurance accessor to view.

John.
Bang on! Recovery/storage charges wavered if given the bike..

Always go for the option of having a mate hire a van and pick it up for you... Cheaper easier and you then have control and bargaining power....
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 23-11-2013, 09:19 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Default insurance cunts & help please

insurance cunts: got a 149 thru' the door on weds: no insurance on me car.

me n er indoors got a car n a bike each so we checked each policy, we'd gone with the Co-op online in late August for both of our motors, paid on the day online & policy numbers duly arrived by email.
AND
we BOTH had no insurance on our motors, so we ring the co-op, after many hours of hanging on the phone: "oh yes, we cancelled your policy 7 days afterwards due to a 'discrepancy' we notified you by post..."

"as we sent a letter, we didn't send you an email or notification to this, or send you an email saying how to get your dosh back, would you like us to do that now?"

luckily it was er indoors dealing with this or i'd have reached into the phone & nipped his bollix off.

so to the help bit: I've got to tell plod who the driver was, it was me &
yes: I had no insurance,
But n i think its a BIG BUT: I believed I had insurance in that
a) I had a policy number
b) money had been taken
c) the co op did not send a letter recorded delivery-it was 'deemed' to have been received...
d) I had no evidence to the contrary (& if i had i'd've gotten new insurance)

anything else anybody think i should say?
Old 23-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
Hate to say it mate only thing ye can say is guilty ...the bastards will get round it by saying its your responsability to check you have valid insurance. I know its not yer fault the answer they will give is you should be checking your payments coming off your bank statement.

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/
Old 23-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Aye i think you're right on a guilty plea...however, we paid as a lump sum & its only now that they're 'would you like a code to get a refund?'

so I did check that me munny had been taken & it had not been refunded.
Old 23-11-2013, 10:39 AM

I would speak to a 'no win no fee ' solicitor... just in case you can make a claim against the co op, not just for the fine but the damage to your credit reputation etc...
Rik and I are in the process of complaining too... very long story but due to numerous cock ups by co op bank we were left more or less stranded, no access to our bank account for 32 days... bearing in mind we live in an RV in Europe...
Old 24-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Chatter Box

Their all money grabbing arseholes.. The little guy will always get screwed by those with money.. Nothing will change that.
Old 24-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

How about talking to your MP. Yup I know he's a useless winker, but....

What's to stop an insurance fraudster sorry I meant company cancelling your insurance the same way cos you've had a prang, and somebody died?

We sent a letter didn't you get it just aint good enough.

Newspapers, telly, all them things, plead guilty on a technicality but make a fuss.
Old 24-11-2013, 01:05 PM

I assume you got a policy etc etc.. copies of bank statements showing the payment going out, and get them to put it all in writing when they stopped your insurance, you can also show through bank statements that the money was never refunded, I think you have a very good case...
are you a MAG member... ??
Old 24-11-2013, 06:14 PM

I got ripped for over 1k the other year through car insurance w@nkers (e-sure, not using them or any other affiliated company ever again , bennets ripped me off years ago too!)

sorta miss the naughty days when I a creative solution...
Old 24-11-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
insurance cunts: got a 149 thru' the door on weds: no insurance on me car.

me n er indoors got a car n a bike each so we checked each policy, we'd gone with the Co-op online in late August for both of our motors, paid on the day online & policy numbers duly arrived by email.
AND
we BOTH had no insurance on our motors, so we ring the co-op, after many hours of hanging on the phone: "oh yes, we cancelled your policy 7 days afterwards due to a 'discrepancy' we notified you by post..."

"as we sent a letter, we didn't send you an email or notification to this, or send you an email saying how to get your dosh back, would you like us to do that now?"

luckily it was er indoors dealing with this or i'd have reached into the phone & nipped his bollix off.

so to the help bit: I've got to tell plod who the driver was, it was me &
yes: I had no insurance,
But n i think its a BIG BUT: I believed I had insurance in that
a) I had a policy number
b) money had been taken
c) the co op did not send a letter recorded delivery-it was 'deemed' to have been received...
d) I had no evidence to the contrary (& if i had i'd've gotten new insurance)

So it is not only the top man that is fucking incompetent. Bet the guy you spoke to after hours on hold also uses male prostitutes, what a bunch of cunts.

More to the point, what was the "Discrepancy" they claim to be the reason they cancelled your policy?

If you had a policy number, money has been taken from your account and no refund has been issued, I think you are entitled to think you are actually insured. However, the insurance company is going to claim they wrote to you and informed you they had cancelled your policy. Wonder how they will be able to prove that they wrote to you?

Meanwhile as you technically had no insurance, a guilty plea is I suppose your only option. Have you heard of a "Newton Hearing"? (Pretty sure that is the right name for it). Where you plead guilty, but dispute the evidence in the hope of a lighter sentence. Definitely worth a chat with a fixed fee lawyer mate. A letter to the Financial Services Ombudsman may help.

Remember what happened when I had to go to court for speeding and the beaky fuckers said that I must have received the summons, simply because the lying fuckpigs said they sent it? I got hammered with fines and points on my otherwise clean licence. (Just DON'T do what I did in court!!)

Good luck sorting it out. What a bummer.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 25-11-2013, 04:57 PM

I think a lot will come down to the "discrepancy" and whether it is material - if it is something silly like they couldn't find your exact model of bike on their system (cos they cant read and be bothered to think that some companies just add a different last letter each year like suzuki gs125esk then gs125esl etc) then a judge would likely say you were covered.

If it is something like you said "no convictions" and when they checked the big computer in the sky it says you have 9 points then it is a different story.

Have they explained the discrepancies yet and have you asked for a copy of the letter they sent cancelling the policy ? Get them to scan and email it as obviously the post is iffy
Old 25-11-2013, 05:12 PM

Reading the CIS documentation they say http://www.co-operativeinsurance.co....y-document.pdf

Cancellation:
(a) We may cancel this Policy, where there is a valid
reason for doing so, by sending at least
seven days’ notice to your last known address
setting out the reason for cancellation.
You will then be entitled to a proportionate
return of premium.

Later on that page they say if there is fraud then policy is cancelled from date of fraud and no refund due

So if they are offering a refund then they are admitting no fraud attempt - in which case i cant see how they could argue that having taken your money and not refunded it that you were not covered if your original siubmission was complete and correct.

They also say

Observance of terms and duty of disclosure:
Provision of the cover under this Policy is conditional
upon anyone claiming under it complying with its
terms and conditions as far as they can apply.

So if it because of something you had no control over they cant cancel either

I would get legal advice asap - do you have legal expenses cover via another insurance, your bank account, MAG or a union ?
Old 31-12-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Pat View Post
I would speak to a 'no win no fee ' solicitor... just in case you can make a claim against the co op, not just for the fine but the damage to your credit reputation etc...
Rik and I are in the process of complaining too... very long story but due to numerous cock ups by co op bank we were left more or less stranded, no access to our bank account for 32 days... bearing in mind we live in an RV in Europe...
That's because the bank boss was spending it on coke and prostitutes......