Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 AM
Chatter Box

Default Finally got a widowmaker!

Been wanting one of these for years!
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Default Really

I got all excited cliked on't puty only to see red bike.

Thought the KH750 purple meanie was the widowmaker.

Either that or I am now a proper old fart,LOL!

Drew
Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Mmmmm, kh750 tripple, the real widowmaker
Old 05-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Banned

TL's are good bikes, but the title belongs to this ....

Old 05-08-2012, 06:07 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I had one of those and the little bastid chucked me off three times. It met its end in a ditch after smashing into a tree and bursting into flames. I was a long way up the road spitting out a mouthfulll of grass, dirt and dogshit. My favourite Levi's were torn to shreds and my new leather jacket was ruined.

I broke two fingers and dislocated my shoulder, which did hurt a tad.

Fucking amazing acceleration, but oh so bloody unpredictable. Used to rev quite freely up to about 3400 RPM, then struggle for an unspecified split second, causing the rider "IE, ME" to yank the throttle open. All hell would then break loose, the back end would slide around on my brand new supur duper Road Runner tyres, the handlebars would do thier level best to twist your arms out of thier sockets, the front end would rise VERY quickly and dump the rider on his arse........ on top of the pile of shit he had just dumped in aforementioned Levi kecks.

After the second time of the bike spitting me off, I was determined to get the better of it. Brave intentions for a bloke that had recently demolished a new KH500, got the insurance payout and went and bought the "Widowmaker".

I clearly remember sliding down the road on my arse having been dumped in a very undignified manner and seeing the bike roaring off down the road without me. There was the smell of 2 stroke and human excrement, the despairing wail of a new bike owner and the ominous crash of the bike mounting the grass verge, going airborne and self destructing on impact with the tree. A second later there was an alarming WHOOOOOSH! as the bike burst into flames.

OH FUCK...................THAT HURT! I managed to hobble about 300 yards when a very nice lady stopped to see if I was alright. She took me to Copthorne hospital in Shrewsbury and helped me hobble into casualty. I was greeted by the very same nurse that had patched me up after destroying the KH500. I could have slapped the bitch when she said that maybe I should try skydiving......... It wasn't until she read my notes that she realised that I had already done that with dire results.

The bike was less than two weeks old when I wrecked it. I was still waiting for a new side panel and mirror after the second off. The insurance company thought I was trying to claim twice for the same accident.

Never in the history of bike riding was one rider so demoralised, humbled and very nearly killed by ownership of one brand of bike.

Never rode another one of them since and never will either.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:11 PM

not too sure. i think the kh's reputation for interesting handling has been somewhat nulled by advances in brake shock absorber and tyre technology. kawasaki never admitted there was a problem, and folk just rode them weave and all. the tl though was subject to a factory recall iirc and its follow up was fitted with a modified rear suspension unit , and despite tyres and chassis being as stiff as anything, they still shook their heads and spat off their riders regularly. that would have been a problem if they werent so blisteringly quick. cos of their performance, people just ride em despite their flaws! id love one!

http://www.katanaownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Chatter Box

I had an S1 triple AHH679K 1st one in Cumbria registered on 2nd June1972 lasted until 30th August 1972 when an old twat in a brand new Vauxhall Viva pulled across in front of me at a crossroads.

1 broken arm /leg /hip /wrist nose/ and most of the skin from my back:, and nearly took my bollox off on the steering damper mad: wrote the car off though so all was not lost.

Was a brilliant bike in a straight line but after 90mph wagged its tail and wobbled the bars even with the steering damper fully tightened, still loved it though.

I can always remember the brochure for it said ...will beat a Jaguar E Type to 80mph, and another tester said ithe 750 was the fastest Camel in the world.

Good ole days eh
Alfie
Old 07-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Chatter Box

Yeah... im not married so cant call it a widowmaker... although the lass im seeing has threatened me quite a few times with the old boot lol.

Love it to bits but i doubt ill keep it long...

The bike on the other hand... lol
Old 09-08-2012, 11:16 AM

As i have stated on here in the past. it will always be the h2 triple murder wannabe for me.

they watch you as you ride waiting for you to take your attention away for a split second and hahaha gotcha.

park them up and they spend their time thinking of new ways to commit your body to the grave.

i tried welding in gussets around the steering head, swingarm mount etc etc. but i kept getting contamination caused by non ferrous metal in the steel. proper scary.

wish i still owned the thing due to silly prices they now go for