100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > The Workshop

Notices

Old 07-05-2004, 07:12 PM
Chatter Box

Thumbs up Reliant 850cc needs some GRUNT

Running a reliant trike ,while I find/build a V8 trike.This is a basic 850cc engine ,Need to find one that has bin souped up . 4into 1 exhust cylinder head gas flowed , etc. Yes I now I could get it sorted but want to concentrate on the V8. All I want is to do an engine swap and get a bit more grunt till the V8 on the road.Where can I find this engine ?.Thanks for looking.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Chat Virgin

Try these http://www.rebelsracing.com/parts.htm Getting around 70 HP out of the 850 motors.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:29 AM
Chatter Box

Thumbs up Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboyfat
Try these http://www.rebelsracing.com/parts.htm Getting around 70 HP out of the 850 motors.
Thanks for that fatboyfat, have mailed them .seams like they will fill my needs ta.
Old 16-05-2004, 01:55 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Send a message via MSN to odie
Talking

what you need is the webber carb from an 950 cc fiesta + the adapter plate it bolts straight on + the inards of the distibuter (45D4) fitted to the hillman avenger (same dizzy as the reliant but with electronic ignition fitted).
You can skim up to 70 thou off the head, but its not advisable to go that far but you first need to do a compression check, if you have a low compression then you need to rerbuild your engine.
They did fot a 4 branch performance manifold for the reliant but only for 9 months because they couldnt get the cast iron manifolds for a while!
They are around but difficult to find but they do give it about 10 to 15% increase in bhp.
If you fit an electric fan you will free up about 5 bhp cos the engine aint trying to run a fan off the water pump.
Used to do all this when my mate went banger racing reliants , years ago!
Old 27-03-2005, 04:52 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

try these guys www.wizardsofnos.com they can get astandard bond bug(700cc) from a 26 second quarter to an 11 second quarter with no furher engine mods! if anyone says itll blow yer motor they are talking out of their arse. the evidence is on the website itll work out cheaper than tuning your reliant and you can take it to your v 8 (although youd have to buy a few more parts to transfer it over) have a look!