100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 23-12-2017, 06:51 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default What is a snowflake?

Sums it up for anywhere.

https://youtu.be/Th9aNvhvvTk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 24-12-2017, 06:23 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,999
Default

I've come to the conclusion that she's a "snowflake"!
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-12-2017, 04:04 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
I've come to the conclusion that she's a "snowflake"!
Cannot say myself just because of her age, she has a tough job and not frightened to say her piece.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 24-12-2017, 08:44 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

A snowflake is anybody who disagrees with a Trump fan or a a fascist, still snowflakes are beautiful and individual, so I'd rather be a snowflake than an icy patch on the road.....
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 24-12-2017, 10:20 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

I am a baby boomer and had an easy life and used everything and spent all the money apparently.

Left wing/right wing are only different faces of the same coin. There is a very alarming situation underway in the US which you will not find in the tabloid garbage news media. But if you want to follow Trey Gowdy and he will give you some of the details. But this goes way back before ww2 and the formation of the CIA.

It was no accident that Trump got in. Accidents don't happen at that level. Trump is funded and supported by a very wealthy and powerful group.

But the thread starter is intended to be a light hearted comment and not about the US shamocracy or the British one either.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-12-2017, 05:53 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,999
Default

Unfortunately, Trump got the votes by Talking what Joe Publice wanted to hear. Now he is trying to put through his own agenda, backed up by his powerful financiers, and forgetting about the folks that put him there. It was the college system of voting that got him in. A bit like the way the Unions vote for the labour party, here. But like so many 2democratic2 ways of voting it may seam "fair" on top but it is manipulated by power hungry individuals with no regard for anyone but themselves and their allies.
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-12-2017, 08:01 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Unfortunately, Trump got the votes by Talking what Joe Publice wanted to hear. Now he is trying to put through his own agenda, backed up by his powerful financiers, and forgetting about the folks that put him there. It was the college system of voting that got him in. A bit like the way the Unions vote for the labour party, here. But like so many 2democratic2 ways of voting it may seam "fair" on top but it is manipulated by power hungry individuals with no regard for anyone but themselves and their allies.

The sh1t may well hit the fan yet about Obama's fake birth certificate and the Clinton's and their cronies criminality.
There is no evidence to connect Trumps win to the Russians, the real story is the indictments happening now of the "elite pedo network" including elements within the CIA and their involvement with child trafficking, child abuse and ritual murder. The truth of the situation is surreal to say the least.
Trump is still one of the NWO tools but they need to clear out the dead wood.

British politics is no better, I will not put my name to any of he global crimes they commit. Same global network of pedo's.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
The sh1t may well hit the fan yet about Obama's fake birth certificate and the Clinton's and their cronies criminality.
There is no evidence to connect Trumps win to the Russians, the real story is the indictments happening now of the "elite pedo network" including elements within the CIA and their involvement with child trafficking, child abuse and ritual murder. The truth of the situation is surreal to say the least.
Trump is still one of the NWO tools but they need to clear out the dead wood.

British politics is no better, I will not put my name to any of he global crimes they commit. Same global network of pedo's.
I don't see that Obama's birth certificate is important or why is is supposed to be fake, as for the Ritual murder bollocks, nothing has ever been substantiated. All the Satanic pedo bullshit is designed to hide the fact that pedos hide in plain sight, they don't 'sacrifice babies or children, though they may may and have murdered their victims to stop them talking. Just because their is no evidence of Russian meddling does not mean it happened, what I can't understand was that the people who voted against the elites voted for a multi millionaire....... Also Hilary got a higher percentage of the vote but lost, very odd system.....
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26-12-2017, 09:21 AM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
I don't see that Obama's birth certificate is important or why is is supposed to be fake, as for the Ritual murder bollocks, nothing has ever been substantiated. All the Satanic pedo bullshit is designed to hide the fact that pedos hide in plain sight, they don't 'sacrifice babies or children, though they may may and have murdered their victims to stop them talking. Just because their is no evidence of Russian meddling does not mean it happened, what I can't understand was that the people who voted against the elites voted for a multi millionaire....... Also Hilary got a higher percentage of the vote but lost, very odd system.....
Obama wasn't born in the US therefore he could not be president under their rules.

Rittual child abuse and murder happens in the upper echelons of society. If you haven't researched that then you won't know. The CIA project named MK Ultra is based on using ritual child abuse and murder. Mk ultra was created by the Nazi scientists who were taken to the US after the war and given new identities. Also members of the Japanese military unit 731.

I dont take any political side Ewok, they are all garbage.
Their is no such thing as democracy its just a word.
There is no real choice for president or PM other than garbage A or garbage B from the same elitist class.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Obama wasn't born in the US therefore he could not be president under their rules.

Rittual child abuse and murder happens in the upper echelons of society. If you haven't researched that then you won't know. The CIA project named MK Ultra is based on using ritual child abuse and murder. Mk ultra was created by the Nazi scientists who were taken to the US after the war and given new identities. Also members of the Japanese military unit 731.

I dont take any political side Ewok, they are all garbage.
Their is no such thing as democracy its just a word.
There is no real choice for president or PM other than garbage A or garbage B from the same elitist class.
Sorry but all I have ever seen regarding MK Ultra, Ritual Satanic Abuse etc. is conjecture and second guessing, nothing that would ever pass as proof. The UK police have wasted millions of pounds trying to prove that Ted heath (even though he is dead and unprosecutable) was a child abuser on the word of ONE witness who has been proven a liar....Why? because people believe that nothing happens that is not a false flag operation or some kind of conspiracy..
Fair play if you believe this stuff, that's your prerogative. My personal view is that some acts are part of a conspiracy to cover up criminal or accidental fuck ups, but most are just bollocks.
One case in point is the sinking of the USS Maine in Havana harbour, widely believed to be a black Flag Op to kick off the Spanish-American war. On the face of contemporary evidence it could be that it was sunk by a mine and was therefore an act of war, but with modern forensic systems it showed that a fire in the coal bunker next to the main magazine was most likely the cause of an INTERNAL explosion.
I prefer not to go into politics too much because there is such a wide spectrum of beliefs, many held very strongly, that it can cause a rift in a friendship and acrimonious exchanges on websites.....

However you view the world I would like to wish everybody a Happy New Year......
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 26-12-2017, 09:09 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Sorry but all I have ever seen regarding MK Ultra, Ritual Satanic Abuse etc. is conjecture and second guessing, nothing that would ever pass as proof. The UK police have wasted millions of pounds trying to prove that Ted heath (even though he is dead and unprosecutable) was a child abuser on the word of ONE witness who has been proven a liar....Why? because people believe that nothing happens that is not a false flag operation or some kind of conspiracy..
Fair play if you believe this stuff, that's your prerogative. My personal view is that some acts are part of a conspiracy to cover up criminal or accidental fuck ups, but most are just bollocks.
One case in point is the sinking of the USS Maine in Havana harbour, widely believed to be a black Flag Op to kick off the Spanish-American war. On the face of contemporary evidence it could be that it was sunk by a mine and was therefore an act of war, but with modern forensic systems it showed that a fire in the coal bunker next to the main magazine was most likely the cause of an INTERNAL explosion.
I prefer not to go into politics too much because there is such a wide spectrum of beliefs, many held very strongly, that it can cause a rift in a friendship and acrimonious exchanges on websites.....

However you view the world I would like to wish everybody a Happy New Year......

Ewok everyone has their own comfort level and that is not a problem.
I chose when I was a young child to learn and I have studied all of my life and know things that to some people would be very uncomfortable. I am gnostic by definition, I have knowledge and I seek knowledge, infact its a never ending quest. But thats the way I've always been, a sponge for knowledge.
But throughout my life I have had paranormal experiences even recently and some would be very frightening for the majority of people. But my knowledge and learning opens doors and enables me to learn beyond what most people are able to experience without fear. My first experiences started aged 5 and that was around 1965 and they went from their. So I often say that I had an early and rather brutal wake up call. I can see those early experiences in a negative or a positive way. I prefer to see them in a positive light, but on the occasional dark days I see them as something else.
But the fact is some people have very profound spiritual or paranormal experiences in their lives and I've met a few others, tbh its not that unusual.

But the more you know, the more there is to know, its a constantly widening horizon and I love it, its a lifetime mission for me. Things happen in my life that really do defy any logical explanation. Its part of our basic child like human nature to want to know. Although I am not religious I am not atheist either. I am not a member of any secret societies either although I've worked with a few members and can spot them a mile off.

But I do not look down on anyone either, I don't do this for elitism, I do it out of my own personal fascination. Everyone is on their own solo path to their own destiny.

Respect.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 26-12-2017, 09:14 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

The indictments issued are against the Obama administration and the Clinton clan who despite their anti Russian rhetoric sold 20% of US plutonium to the Russians with large financial kick backs.
Cold war? what cold war?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 27-12-2017, 05:29 PM
Strider Strider is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Whitefield, Manchester
Posts: 1,244
Default

So back to the original post ................

What is a snowflake?

Its what snow is made of and I don't give a toss what else you want to use the term for
__________________
When shit hits the fan, I've learnt it will not be evenly distributed !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 27-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Ewok everyone has their own comfort level and that is not a problem.
I chose when I was a young child to learn and I have studied all of my life and know things that to some people would be very uncomfortable. I am gnostic by definition, I have knowledge and I seek knowledge, infact its a never ending quest. But thats the way I've always been, a sponge for knowledge.
But throughout my life I have had paranormal experiences even recently and some would be very frightening for the majority of people. But my knowledge and learning opens doors and enables me to learn beyond what most people are able to experience without fear. My first experiences started aged 5 and that was around 1965 and they went from their. So I often say that I had an early and rather brutal wake up call. I can see those early experiences in a negative or a positive way. I prefer to see them in a positive light, but on the occasional dark days I see them as something else.
But the fact is some people have very profound spiritual or paranormal experiences in their lives and I've met a few others, tbh its not that unusual.

But the more you know, the more there is to know, its a constantly widening horizon and I love it, its a lifetime mission for me. Things happen in my life that really do defy any logical explanation. Its part of our basic child like human nature to want to know. Although I am not religious I am not atheist either. I am not a member of any secret societies either although I've worked with a few members and can spot them a mile off.

But I do not look down on anyone either, I don't do this for elitism, I do it out of my own personal fascination. Everyone is on their own solo path to their own destiny.

Respect.
I agree with you about everybody having their own path and like the sentiments shown here. I have been an avid reader since I could first read and will read almost anything, even the back of cereal packets if there is nothing else around. Probably, as you say, finding knowledge is a journey which has many paths and can lead to many different conclusions. I do hate it (or at least get disgruntled) when people try to force their views on others (not that I am suggesting you were doing this, far from it) as I would rather have a calm and considered discussion. I found a lot of what you said very interesting but it really isn't my area of expertise (if I have one, most of my reading is general rather than specific).

I am an atheist as I do not believe there is a little old man/men/pantheon of gods watching and recording everything I do so I can be punished/rewarded in a future existence. My immortality will be that I will be remembered by my children and my ashes will feed the Earth.....

Happy New Year.
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 27-12-2017, 10:56 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
I agree with you about everybody having their own path and like the sentiments shown here. I have been an avid reader since I could first read and will read almost anything, even the back of cereal packets if there is nothing else around. Probably, as you say, finding knowledge is a journey which has many paths and can lead to many different conclusions. I do hate it (or at least get disgruntled) when people try to force their views on others (not that I am suggesting you were doing this, far from it) as I would rather have a calm and considered discussion. I found a lot of what you said very interesting but it really isn't my area of expertise (if I have one, most of my reading is general rather than specific).

I am an atheist as I do not believe there is a little old man/men/pantheon of gods watching and recording everything I do so I can be punished/rewarded in a future existence. My immortality will be that I will be remembered by my children and my ashes will feed the Earth.....

Happy New Year.
I think that most people don't appreciate that we are supposed to spiritually evolve and science only focuses on physical evolution.

I think that if we look down on other people then we adopt the stance of the elite and I will not do that. I was fortunate to be born where I was, with my parents and I understand that other people are perhaps less fortunate as to where and to whom they are born. It is the luck of the draw where you are born. Equally I will not let anyone look down on me.

But there is taking the micky and it is our culture to do that. People take the micky out of me and my bikes and I give it back, but its not meant to harm, its just having a big old laugh at each other playfully.

My old man was an atheist, he didn't believe any "God" would stand by and just allow the crimes of mankind here on this planet.
But I do believe its important to have fun to fill time between the shit parts of life that happen anyway
Tbh bikes have been the only consistent thing throughout my life.

Happy new year to you !

Last edited by HOS; 27-12-2017 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 28-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

A little thought occurred to me today and that is that science, religion and politics are bit like gay sex, You either love it or it is a pain in the arse.....

Yes, mickey taking is great as long as people are not upset. The problem nowadays is that some people are offended so easily it seems impossible they have reached the age they have without their head exploding. Obviously using racist, sexist or other forms of nastiness are bound to cause offence but some people seem to be professional offence takers.

I like a good laugh and that's why I do the joke page every day so others can share a laugh, a smile or maybe even a groan at the stuff posted there.

Doesn't matter what bike you ride or what it looks like as long as you keep it shiny side up....
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 28-12-2017, 07:52 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
A little thought occurred to me today and that is that science, religion and politics are bit like gay sex, You either love it or it is a pain in the arse.....

Yes, mickey taking is great as long as people are not upset. The problem nowadays is that some people are offended so easily it seems impossible they have reached the age they have without their head exploding. Obviously using racist, sexist or other forms of nastiness are bound to cause offence but some people seem to be professional offence takers.

I like a good laugh and that's why I do the joke page every day so others can share a laugh, a smile or maybe even a groan at the stuff posted there.

Doesn't matter what bike you ride or what it looks like as long as you keep it shiny side up....

I follow the George Carlin line of opinions about politics...
He puts it so well

https://youtu.be/hYIC0eZYEtI
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 29-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
I follow the George Carlin line of opinions about politics...
He puts it so well

https://youtu.be/hYIC0eZYEtI
I have never seen this before but he puts into words my thoughts about education that I have had for a long while, they need Sheeple to do what THEY want not what you want. You can't have a revolution if you can't spread or form ideas and a piss poor education creates that situation. It also allows those with a little intelligence and self learning (managers) to feel smug and look down on those that have struggled. It amazes me, being on several forums, how many adults cannot spell, punctuate or form sentences properly.
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29-12-2017, 06:13 PM
Strider Strider is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Whitefield, Manchester
Posts: 1,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
. It amazes me, being on several forums, how many adults cannot spell, punctuate or form sentences properly.
It doesn't me.

Thirty years ago, (after suffering the pit strike and then taking my redundancy) I got a job teaching YT kids IT literacy. Part of the role was that I had to prepare work sheets for the various IT tasks. My first week I had to teach some lasses that did Sowing Machinist stuff, they kept gathering around one young girl and I had to keep telling them to sit separately.

Turns out that she could hardly read at all and the work sheets were beyond here and the rest of the class was supporting her.

This was the first time I had ever come across anyone who couldn't read and write reasonably well, I was 29 at the time.

I got her into an adult literacy class and she progressed well.

Now the kids I worked with were, shall we say not the most academically gifted, but some really good kids nevertheless, you treat them with some respect and for the most part they were respectful back. They had never had this happen to them before at school, "stupid thick kids from the wrong area"

Over my years working with them, and later adults on the old ET schemes, I learnt to recognise the illiteracy that still existed, along with dyslexia (my partner suffers from this incidentally).

This is a HUGE failure in the education system still
__________________
When shit hits the fan, I've learnt it will not be evenly distributed !!!!

Last edited by Strider; 29-12-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 30-12-2017, 05:44 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,999
Default

I remember in the late 70s. early 80s ( in the dawn of PC) education went seriously awry in that teachers started teaching english phonetically rather than the traditiional "ABC" alphabet method, so hence now, a lot of today's teachers, themselves, do not know the english language, and hence the kids of today are not necessarily dyslexic, but incorrectly taught!
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 30-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

My second wife's first husband was dyslexic and so were both his children. When the youngest son started school, she suspected that he was also dyslexic like his older brother. The school insisted that he wasn't and got him to read a book to his mother. After some heated discussion with the teacher, she picked a different book and asked him to read it. He was word perfect except he repeated the book that he had 'read' before. Dyslexic people are very good at hiding their problem and sometimes it goes undiagnosed because they learn to cheat. I have often wondered why Dyslexia is used as it is a hard enough word to spell even if you don't suffer with it......
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 31-12-2017, 06:44 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,999
Default

I consider myself pretty good at english, it was one of my favourite subjects at school and I'm a pretty avid reader now. But there are words in the English language that I just don't understand and no matter how many times I look the meaning up I instantly forget them. When I see them being used I just the impression that the user is just using for the sake of it and just rrying to prove their superiority. Word like Oxymoron, Juxtaposition, etc. I mean, who the fuck thought these types of words up?
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 31-12-2017, 11:38 AM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

The education system does not want creative or intelligent people, it only wants human droids (slaves) for the system. Creative talent or alternative thinking is stifled or punished in some cases. All education does is to streamline people into the system of: work, debt, home ownership, head down slavery.
From my experience of highly educated people they are only more heavily programmed into the system and less creative and less alternative thinking.

The education system does not want powerful or alternative thinking people.
It is designed to hammer people down into conformism. Well f*** conformism, I never conformed to their group think back in the early 70s when I went through school.

The schools are producing the kind of people that the government wants.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 31-12-2017, 12:48 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
The education system does not want creative or intelligent people, it only wants human droids (slaves) for the system. Creative talent or alternative thinking is stifled or punished in some cases. All education does is to streamline people into the system of: work, debt, home ownership, head down slavery.
From my experience of highly educated people they are only more heavily programmed into the system and less creative and less alternative thinking.

The education system does not want powerful or alternative thinking people.
It is designed to hammer people down into conformism. Well f*** conformism, I never conformed to their group think back in the early 70s when I went through school.

The schools are producing the kind of people that the government wants.
Too true, hive minds don't think outside the box, just obey. The new system marks you wrong if you answer a question correct but add details not on the curriculum. This stifles any attempt at independent research or reading outside the 'Core Curriculum' and maybe learning to think for yourselves.
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 31-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 8,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
I consider myself pretty good at english, it was one of my favourite subjects at school and I'm a pretty avid reader now. But there are words in the English language that I just don't understand and no matter how many times I look the meaning up I instantly forget them. When I see them being used I just the impression that the user is just using for the sake of it and just rrying to prove their superiority. Word like Oxymoron, Juxtaposition, etc. I mean, who the fuck thought these types of words up?
Many English words are foreign, especially scientific or Nature based words. Oxymoron - meaning a contradictory statement ie. Be cruel to be kind comes from the Greek... Oxys meaning sharp and Moros meaning stupid (which is the root word for Moron). Many other words are based on Latin Such as Ambulance (to walk hence Amble or Perambulator (Pram)). Even the & sign which is also Etc. is Latin shorthand for and.
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 31-12-2017, 01:51 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Too true, hive minds don't think outside the box, just obey. The new system marks you wrong if you answer a question correct but add details not on the curriculum. This stifles any attempt at independent research or reading outside the 'Core Curriculum' and maybe learning to think for yourselves.
Thinking for themselves!!!!!!! That's heresy!!!!!!
I prefer the term hive mind to sheeple.
Its a collective group think or social model for society which is engineered, maintained and developed by outside organisations.

Their latest project to stifle any news or opinions that are not part of their fake news and group think is bluntly obvious and crass.

Considering the BBC position of global indoctrination and propoganda, who the hell are they to call fake news and lies and propoganda to other news sources that gave grown more popular than the BBC?

The BBC have been told to spin up more propoganda because they think RT news is winning the war as they put it. The BBC being well entrenched up its own giant collective arse would never consider that ppl are sick to death of the BBC who are biased and political.
The BBC stance over savile and other similar toxic stars has turned ppl away from them. TV license revenue has crumbled away since savile.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-01-2018, 04:47 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Many English words are foreign, especially scientific or Nature based words. Oxymoron - meaning a contradictory statement ie. Be cruel to be kind comes from the Greek... Oxys meaning sharp and Moros meaning stupid (which is the root word for Moron). Many other words are based on Latin Such as Ambulance (to walk hence Amble or Perambulator (Pram)). Even the & sign which is also Etc. is Latin shorthand for and.
Smartarse....I knew that!...
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-01-2018, 02:30 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 1,147
Default

Moros, Soros, stupid.
Yeah that figures.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.