100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 16-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Firstly, it would take a constitutional change – to be voted on at an AGM, where people attend to vote. Those that do, don't see why everyone else who can't be arsed, should get a vote.

Secondly, see my previous post.
As said previously it is not always possible to vote. as for the comment about "people not being arsed to vote", that is not a good refelection on the members of mag. as a new member its comments like that that make me wonder what kind of organisation im giving my money to.

There was an old saying I was told when i first got into management, and its stood me in good stead for over 25yrs everywhere ive worked " keep your staff on side". maybe MAG should do the same regarding their members. From all the info on this thread so far and from previous experience of tribunals, I'm with Chopper , Friar Tuck and Sir Ewok on this one.
Old 17-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Firstly, it would take a constitutional change – to be voted on at an AGM, where people attend to vote. Those that do, don't see why everyone else who can't be arsed, should get a vote.

Would that cause a major problem in putting forward a motion to introduce postal voting?

"Those that do, don't see why everyone else who can't be arsed, should get a vote." Isn't that being narrow minded. Members are still entitled to vote if they have paid full membership. As I said not everyone are able to attend, MAG have disabled members, surely? Are they able to attend? There are people who have to work shifts, there are any number of reasons why people cannot attend. Not necessarily because "They can't be arsed"! I sense a degree of discrimination creeping in here, maybe.

And Like I have previously said. Limited companies have AGMs whereby the Shareholders are able to have postal votes, which seems to work well.

I think you will find that there is a big difference in voting at a General Election and voting at a club AGM. Whilst I can see postal voting being an issue open to abuse for the Government Elections, although I do believe Expats living abroad are entitle to postal votes. Do you really think that the MAG membership would be motivated enough to actually try to rig an issue by fraudulently sending in postal votes? I 'd like to think that they have more intelligence than you give them credit.

At the moment I still remain a non member.
Old 17-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:

With your attitude and narrow minded opinion of MAG members, it is hardly surprising that people are pissed off. YOUR attitude is just one reason why people will not join or return to MAG.

Before you cast blame on others, you claim to be top of the tree as far as MAG is concerned. Maybe you should look a lot closer to home at your own faults. If you are top of the tree, then YOU should be the one to sort things out among staff BEFORE it gets to the point where staff are resigning and going to tribunals.

If you cannot or will not resolve staff issues then it is YOU that should be offering to resign.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 18-03-2014, 09:54 AM

Having followed this thread but not till now commented i must say that at one time i was a huge supporter of MAG.
I was a Rep,part of the committee at Storming as well as helping out at other events and demos plus persuading my club to affiliate,i think that was the term,it was a long time ago
Then the one time we approached them about a problem with a local MAG group,asking that the group made it plain that the new Easter Egg run they were starting after ours of 16 years ceased for various reasons, which included suddenly starting to use the county flag which we had used for years on our club badge, was not in any way associated with us,we had concerns about the new mag rep and the groups capabilities.
The response was high handed in the extreme
We should be pleased another group was stepping in to do a run they said,anyone can use a county flag,true but its about respect and courtesy, plus we may have been running Easter Egg run for years but MAG was started long before that.
In short FUCK YOU.
That was the day i walked away from MAG and will never do anything more to promote it unless i feel the attitude has changed.
This thread and the responses from the MAG "people" do little to persuade me they have.
Old 19-03-2014, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
Well, we are a bunch of cripples with various bits missing.... Some even have a few loose screws that need tightening occasionally.
Snigger....
as long as it isnt your nuts tightening, i know how many kids youve got custard boy

we all should know mags done a lot of good work,hell pretty much kept us on the road without sub 100bhp airbag riddled tamperproof dayglow painted legprotector equiped "machines",also loved mutchies comment mitch, but it dont alter the fact that liversausage is an asshole of the highest order an is a man who though ive only met a few times i would never tire of "skelping with a skillet" as dougie and fran would have said.....

Last edited by critch; 19-03-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 20-03-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
With your attitude and narrow minded opinion of MAG members, it is hardly surprising that people are pissed off. YOUR attitude is just one reason why people will not join or return to MAG.

Before you cast blame on others, you claim to be top of the tree as far as MAG is concerned. Maybe you should look a lot closer to home at your own faults. If you are top of the tree, then YOU should be the one to sort things out among staff BEFORE it gets to the point where staff are resigning and going to tribunals.

If you cannot or will not resolve staff issues then it is YOU that should be offering to resign.

Chopper
Actually Chopper, they were employees of the Board of the company which looks after that side of things. The rot had set in with the three long before I ever came back to MAG. In fact, it was long before 2012.

Switch off TV, get a life... www.whitedot.org
Old 20-03-2014, 07:22 AM

Just my personal opinion... as always.
I have known Mitch for many years, I know of his work for MAG over the years too... Yes Liversausage can be a loud mouthed knob and offends many people,and anyone who gets to National\comittee \upper level should know that and suck it up they cannot claim they didnt know , its been well documented over the years...
but Mitch... well, he's a different matter.
I dont need to know the ins and outs of this matter, I know what arseoles some people can be and in this matter, I follow my instincts...
Mitch is a sound bloke who has always done his best for MAG and as far as Im concerned, what he says goes... He speaks the truth..
Old 20-03-2014, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Pat View Post
Just my personal opinion... as always.
I have known Mitch for many years, I know of his work for MAG over the years too... Yes Liversausage can be a loud mouthed knob and offends many people,and anyone who gets to National\comittee \upper level should know that and suck it up they cannot claim they didnt know , its been well documented over the years...
No! They shouldn't have to suck it up. I went to work to earn money and in return gave my time and expertise, I certainly did not go to work to be verbally or physically abused....

One of our managers used to shout at people and give them a hard time and we were told 'That's just the way I am' until my lad called him a cnut. He wanted to discipline him but all he would say to the manager is 'That's the way I am'. The manager then realized it would be difficult to push the charges when he was doing pretty much the same....

MAG is a place of work and should follow the rules or suffer the consequences....
Old 21-03-2014, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Pat, I agree with you. I believe Mitch is more than capable of leading MAG. It is down to Mitch to pour oil on water though. He can't do that though while such old time members still have such overpowering influence on the membership.
Old 21-03-2014, 09:13 AM

Sadly, as is often the case with this kind of organisation , people who want to be on the 'committee' are generally the folk you wouldn't want to be there, the jobsworth, pain in the arse pickywick type.
But as everyone feels they have to have their say but never seems to want to actually do any work or put themselves out, its those kind of people who actually do it...
No, I dont know the ins and outs of this case, I dont really want to. And yes Ewok, Im sorry but I still do feel that anyone going to be involved with MAG in any capacity should make themselves (as with any future employer) knowledgeable about that company and its management. Anyone in their right mind who knows about liversedge shouldn't even go for the job if they feel they couldnt deal with him.. its setting yourself and MAG up for just this kind of thing to happen..
No, I dont think he is a good thing for MAG any more, he often never was... BUT... his commitment to the cause and his tireless work over many years can not be disputed...
The bottom line is, well for me anyway, MAG may not be perfect, most organisations of this kind seldom are, but its all we have, they have saved bikers from many EU horrors and its us they fight for... and always said... join, pay your subs and work from within to change things to how you want them to be... if you are not a member you dont have a right to gob off now...
Old 21-03-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
And yes Ewok, Im sorry but I still do feel that anyone going to be involved with MAG in any capacity should make themselves (as with any future employer) knowledgeable about that company and its management. Anyone in their right mind who knows about liversedge shouldn't even go for the job if they feel they couldnt deal with him.. its setting yourself and MAG up for just this kind of thing to happen..
Unfortunately many companies hide this kind of stuff from potential employees no matter how hard you try to find it, just how deep do you look before you look paranoid? I agree that the sh1t normally rises to the top due to the ignorance or unwillingness of others to do the work but that still does not excuse the behavior of bosses who can't seem to manage themselves let alone others. If people refused to work for crap bosses we would have over 7 million unemployed because the only good boss I ever worked for was myself. Management is a matter of give and take and not all take while you give....

I Can't argue with the statement about Liversausages devotion to the cause.

At the end of the day a bad leader is a bad leader, should the Russians have sucked it up when Stalin sent them to the Gulags, I think not.
Old 21-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post

At the end of the day a bad leader is a bad leader, should the Russians have sucked it up when Stalin sent them to the Gulags, I think not.
but they did & we continue to do so. innit.

i'm not a mag member now, have been but, er, retired...some many years ago when to me the shift went from doing what riders/bikers/whatever felt needed doing to what 'somebody thinks we ought to do'
&
dont get me started on 'MAG OFFICIALS' at protest runs who think that because i've turned up to support the cause i'm there to do their bidding...
Old 21-03-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Mitch is a sound bloke who has always done his best for MAG and as far as Im concerned, what he says goes... He speaks the truth..
as a bloke lucky enough to have met mitch and the wonderfull lou i can only concur, and i seriously believe he deserves the nelson mandela award for world peace for dealing with that fekkin jobsworth and not riding up to liverpool to borrow my heaviest skillet.....
Old 22-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by critch View Post
as a bloke lucky enough to have met mitch and the wonderfull lou i can only concur, and i seriously believe he deserves the nelson mandela award for world peace for dealing with that fekkin jobsworth and not riding up to liverpool to borrow my heaviest skillet.....
Hear! Hear! Well said!
Old 22-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

I've known Mitch since he first started biking. He would turn up at rallies on a rattly old Honda H100 that was clinging to life through sheer bloodymindedness, often alone and in desperate need of a beer after a marathon ride. Trust me, he was a gangly stretch of teenage Yorkshire piss with a mop of air you only saw in cartoons. However, his enthusiasm for riding left you in no doubt that bikes were his life and he would fight tooth and nail if he was told he couldn't or shouldn't ride. It was inevitable that he would be drawn to becoming a member of MAG as we faced a barrage of bullshit from Brussels. His cheerful cry of "Tha can Fuckoff!" when told about leg protectors and BHP limits saw him becoming ever more involved and he became a rep, which at that time was a pretty good thing to be doing. He used his talents as a genuine gobby yorkshire git to eloquently ague against everything put in our way and I believed at the time he was going places in MAG.

After a break of a few years when he tried his hand at being "Normal", he finally got his mojo back and started getting back into making our southern chums aware of what Brussels had in store for us and how important he felt it was to fight against it. He started a local Mag group, then was asked to be regional rep and, through visiting the clubs in the south east turned a bit of a back water into a thriving MAG region, open to all. It was inevitable that he would be asked to stand for a position on the National Committee, Chairman is not the position he wanted, but it is an honour he carries with pride. If anyone is capable of getting MAG trough this whole sad episode, it's Mitch. Give him time to do it.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 22-03-2014, 06:28 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Grav, I don't know Mitch but what you said is good enough for me.

Even if you do know f*** all about Rugby.
Old 22-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

I know enough about Rugby to enjoy watching a game and know what's happening. I did try playing but being a shortarse has it's disadvantages. Yep. I got twatted every time.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 24-03-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
I've known Mitch since he first started biking. He would turn up at rallies on a rattly old Honda H100 that was clinging to life through sheer bloodymindedness, often alone and in desperate need of a beer after a marathon ride. Trust me, he was a gangly stretch of teenage Yorkshire piss with a mop of air you only saw in cartoons. However, his enthusiasm for riding left you in no doubt that bikes were his life and he would fight tooth and nail if he was told he couldn't or shouldn't ride. It was inevitable that he would be drawn to becoming a member of MAG as we faced a barrage of bullshit from Brussels. His cheerful cry of "Tha can Fuckoff!" when told about leg protectors and BHP limits saw him becoming ever more involved and he became a rep, which at that time was a pretty good thing to be doing. He used his talents as a genuine gobby yorkshire git to eloquently ague against everything put in our way and I believed at the time he was going places in MAG.

After a break of a few years when he tried his hand at being "Normal", he finally got his mojo back and started getting back into making our southern chums aware of what Brussels had in store for us and how important he felt it was to fight against it. He started a local Mag group, then was asked to be regional rep and, through visiting the clubs in the south east turned a bit of a back water into a thriving MAG region, open to all. It was inevitable that he would be asked to stand for a position on the National Committee, Chairman is not the position he wanted, but it is an honour he carries with pride. If anyone is capable of getting MAG trough this whole sad episode, it's Mitch. Give him time to do it.
well said that man...
Old 03-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Quote:
well said that man...
I can concur with the (dis)Honorable lady

I have met Mitch and his loverly OH Lou, both are as sound as a pound. I take his word as to what has happend/happening. I have been at tribunals where it becomes evident that the panel have decided beforehand what the judgement will be and disregard the evidence placed before them.

Old 23-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Chat Virgin

Default Political Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Not supporting various MAG groups because they would not toe the party line, that why many MAG groups disappear and then re-appear and then disappear again. That is fact, as I have spoken to a number of guys who were in those groups where it has happened.
So right Strider, I was a MAG Rep for Worthing (try searching for it now? It is not there) and only got support from my local MAG group and county. Nothing from HO, And that was in the 1990's.

It was very political then too.
Old 23-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Not while a government commissioner says that postal votes are open to abuse...
Would a system using an online website and security codes be better? For those who cannot make it to the meetings? Like the one to register for the local elections.
Old 23-10-2017, 09:16 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
STATEMENT FROM MAG’S NATIONAL COMMITTEE
MARCH 13, 2014

MAG is naturally disappointed by the judgment which it does not accept as either fair or as an accurate reflection of the true circumstances. MAG is therefore appealing.

THE NATIONAL COMMITTEE
MOTORCYCLE ACTION GROUP
Quote:
MAG Membership Services became Nice Employer Limited two months after the riders’ rights group lost an appeal against the tribunal’s decision that three employees had been constructively dismissed.
So MAG appealed. Even the appeal was found against MAG.

My concern is that after Liversausage took control the MAG group has changed names twice now for various reasons. Does that suggest that his being in charge provide fuel to the closing down of MAG?
Now I have met both Ian and Neil in the past. And although I can see Ian's passion and zeal for the rider's rights. He does vent his frustration outwards against those that would attempt to curb rider's rights and NOT inwards against those who support him. Where as Neil vents in all directions.
Old 24-10-2017, 07:20 AM

I'm trying to work out which former Worthing MAG rep you are tmd63, as I know one or two.

I'm not involved in MAG at any level after two years as Chairman, however, I do know one thing. The winding down of MAG (UK) Ltd. (the old company) was all done legally.

Neil wasn’t actually in charge. Him being a Director along with the others on the board is one of the things that actually allowed MAG to continue in any form.

MAG (UK) Ltd. didn't actually appeal, so I don't know where you got that from?

Also, it hasn't changed its name twice. The old company MAG (UK) Ltd. was wound down and The Motorcycle Action Group Ltd. (TMAGL) was created. The employment of staff is run through Nice Employer Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of TMAGL.

Switch off TV, get a life... www.whitedot.org