100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 28-08-2017, 01:03 AM
Chat Virgin

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokee
Default New Member

Hello from another Newbie, came across this site while viewing trike axle videos, it's you all's lucky day ! (or not) LOL ! I'm a long time biker, just sold out my stable of bikes have 2 1/2 left (1) 1999 Harley Dyna Wide Glide all pumped up inside Screaming Eagle style, (2) 1978 stock Honda CB 750 chopper project, and (3) chopped in half 1977 Suzuki GS 750. live in Olympia, Wa. in the U.S.A. Hoping to make a trike out of my Honda chopper rolling chassis. I'm 62 yr old built my first motorcycle from a bike and a lawn mower in like 1967...I'm a Christian, Dad, Grandpa, Viet Nam Era Veteran, a Native, Biker, mechanic, jack of all trades and an Artist.

Last edited by Cherokee; 28-08-2017 at 01:15 AM.
Old 28-08-2017, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Howdy Doodee, Matey! Welcome to the Good Old Blighty! Nice to hear from accross the pond! Half a bike? Fit in well here, as most of us have half a brain! I'ts an age thing I think! Artist? Huh? We are also artists....piss artists! Don't worry about me...it's the meds!.....
Old 28-08-2017, 02:45 PM
Chat Slapper

Hello Cherokee, welcome aboard mate. The forum is fairly quiet except for a few old blokes who post occasionally, although there are younger members... I think...
Old 28-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Chat Pimp

Welcome to the asylum fella, you should feel at home here amongst us older nutters, i do believe we have younger members...but they don't surface very often.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:43 AM
Chat Virgin

Default Try my hand at a reply here goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Howdy Doodee, Matey! Welcome to the Good Old Blighty! Nice to hear from accross the pond! Half a bike? Fit in well here, as most of us have half a brain! I'ts an age thing I think! Artist? Huh? We are also artists....piss artists! Don't worry about me...it's the meds!.....
Howdy Friar Tuck, thanks for the grand welcome from across the pond! Just as a point of fact I'll share a bit of my Geneology with you all. My surname "Shrum" was Schramm when my great greats come across from Bavaria. That was back in year 1600 and some. My kin fought on both side of the American Revolution and War of 1812. I'am not sure what you fellows call that war? We (Schramm/Shrum) made it south down the coast and got married to a Cherokee gal. Hence my " chat name". I've got a bunch of famous Cherokee ancestors name of Starr (outlaws) I've been an outlaw, Cop, devil & Christian too. Learned to live/love bikes in the 60's in California saw many a biker loved some and hated some. Just a long winded intro LOL. So ya all are piss artists eh LOL, and hey hope you've gotten the good "meds"

Last edited by Cherokee; 29-08-2017 at 02:45 AM.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:52 AM
Chat Virgin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky-Dicky View Post
Welcome to the asylum fella, you should feel at home here amongst us older nutters, i do believe we have younger members...but they don't surface very often.
Lol thanks for the welcome there Tricky Dick, when I was in the Army Tricky Dick was my commander and Chief! Lol. Young ones surface occasional now that's funny! We do need fresh blood 2 of my 3 boys still live only 1 has bike fervor/fever. We need young punks to abuse lol. Yep I believe I'll fit in I'm an old nutter too.
Old 29-08-2017, 02:54 AM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetlee View Post
Hello Cherokee, welcome aboard mate. The forum is fairly quiet except for a few old blokes who post occasionally, although there are younger members... I think...
Thanks for the welcome tether;664810 and the heads up on presence of an occasional younger guys lol.
Old 29-08-2017, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee View Post
Howdy Friar Tuck, thanks for the grand welcome from across the pond! Just as a point of fact I'll share a bit of my Geneology with you all. My surname "Shrum" was Schramm when my great greats come across from Bavaria. That was back in year 1600 and some. My kin fought on both side of the American Revolution and War of 1812. I'am not sure what you fellows call that war? We (Schramm/Shrum) made it south down the coast and got married to a Cherokee gal. Hence my " chat name". I've got a bunch of famous Cherokee ancestors name of Starr (outlaws) I've been an outlaw, Cop, devil & Christian too. Learned to live/love bikes in the 60's in California saw many a biker loved some and hated some. Just a long winded intro LOL. So ya all are piss artists eh LOL, and hey hope you've gotten the good "meds"
That's a fair bit of ancestry there! You have obviously done a bit of digging. It incredible that you can trace your heritage back to 1600 from Bavaria. Did your folks come over with the Pilgrim fathers?

I think the War of 1812 as we know it is called the Anglo-American War of 1812!! I buy "Wild West" magazine (I'm an nutter for anything Old West!) and read quite a bit about the outlaws of that period, and the name "Starr" quite often crops up, Belle Star is the main one I know about. Funnily enough Starr cropped up in August Edition, so I tried to trace it through the article, but couldn't find it. So I googled it thinking the name was "Bobby" Starr! That was an education!!!! Ahem! As for me meds? Yep they're essential, especially when you keel over with a heart attack, at 48! That was 9 years ago and I'm still upright so I must be doing summat right! Welcom to the forum.