100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 24-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Chat Slapper

Default that time of year

in the name of suffering i have to lay down my tools and abandon my project to go to the land of tt where ferries will whisk me over the ocean with my kawasaki and they make you watch bikes racing as it's the law of iom land
apparently sitting outside of pubs with pints is also a pre required thing so as to not get into trouble over there i will partake of this drinking and motor sport watching and generally tour about sight seeing too along with chatting to fellow bikers on me travels.
have fun everyone in 100 % biker and trike forums, its gonna be a tough old week ahead for me yeahhhhhhh off to tt
anthony
Old 25-05-2017, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Just don't go climbing that Laxy Wheel in full leathers loke I did when the Sun shone all day for once! Boy did I sweat! There was no stopping because of the mob following behind.....and it's bloody high!
Old 25-05-2017, 11:35 AM
Jedi Chat Master

I hear the ferry co's requiring photo ID before they let you on (in light of recent atrocities). Just a heads up.
Old 25-05-2017, 04:00 PM
Chat Slapper

we went to the laxey wheel but didnt go all the way up last year just crashed out over a cuppa nearby do know iv never sweated so much coming back last time leaving liverpool was hell it was so hot and all the traffic hope its better this time, bought myself a tt 2017 heritage badge which cost a tenner and gets you in loads of places while there which is a bit like english heritage so much exploring is planned this time.
yes taking our passports thanks for the heads up on id stuff and we all excited to be going again as havent taken new girlfriend to bike related places much in the last year in case of run ins with a crazy ex wife and her friends lol
suns a shining see ya everyone we off for a week of bikes and madness
anthony
Old 04-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Chat Slapper

Default back now

hi all we had agreat time over in iom but practice was cancelled on two nights and only a short session on another night, still a fantastic break and yes went up laxeys wheel but it was a cool day which was interesting in bike boots.
i realise its horrible waking up sober without brekkie being made for us now im back
met a lovely couple and they coming to look at my project in a week or so on their bike but was nice being around all the bikes and bikers without looking over my shoulder too much and heres some pics and i bought an iom pin badge for a tenner that gets you in all the heritage places while there so we went to them all.
great stuff on with the fun
anthony
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2017, 04:55 AM
Super Moderator

Lucky git! I might be allowed to go when I hit 60! I went when I was 40!..... Like the C90, by the way....
Old 05-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Chat Slapper

i feel very lucky and trying to sort for next year too and the funniest thing i saw was the c90 and also a load of mopeds all racing past in a group.
some of them were really old morini mopeds with a fs1e in the group and i think boy am i feeling that sense of not being there now the week feels very empty and bikeless booooo must find a rally or two to go to with girlfriend, been winding her up watching a race outfit on ebay her face didnt look happy lol
anthony
Old 06-06-2017, 04:12 AM
Super Moderator

I saw on the News last night Guy Martin up to his tricks again...jumping off at high speed.....lucky he got away only with a cracked wrist.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Chat Slapper

saw the tv footage of him crashing last night friar tuck and the interview with him in the tent with honda team manager where they said they putting john mcguiness's damaged bike together with new parts, they both didnt sound very confident at all but i'm glad he didnt get too injured.
set my sky box to record all the tt bits
anthony