100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 27-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Chat Pimp

Default Forum Rant!!

Why is it that those who consider themselves knowledgeable (read know-all) about classic bikes, as so stuck up their own asses that if you dare to question the validity, or put forward your own take ideas, they then become derogatory and factious, and do al they can to make you look small!

I am talking about Triumph rat forums, the vintage section, they are mostly Americans but the is a UK guy who is a real pain, in fact he has already pushed me to declare that if i met him in the pub and he talked to me in that manner i would probably end up punching him in the mouth!

Fooking know all up themselves twats grrr!

That's it rant over, just had to get it off my chest
Old 27-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

As an owner of an old military BSA I have met a few rivet counters. Also on the Dutch WM20 site I go on there have been some lively debates about how much original history should be preserved and it usually ends up with an agreement to disagree. I hate sites that cater to cliques or put down people who don't fit in with their views (like this site under a certain editor, who shall remain nameless).

However a person who virtually becomes a troll putting down other peoples efforts because the 1948 model had chrome levers and you have nickel plated or the bolts on the crankcase are 0.5 mm too long...... Fuck'em, build it how you want it. If you want to put Japanese mag wheels on your 1964 Triumph Tiger Cub, just do but do the world a favour and dry store the original wheels or sell them to someone building a concours machine.
Old 27-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Chat Pimp

Believe me there are a few over there, you can't have a decent intelligent debate without somebody trying to put you down because you don't share their "correct" idea, well I'm now done being Mr nice guy...treat me like a twat and I'll become one just to wind them up
Old 27-04-2017, 09:04 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Unfortunately the world is full of bellends.

Those so called perfectionists forget that when those bikes were new they were often modified by their owners to suit heir needs.

For example my dad in law has a '56 T-Bird that has a homemade rack on it and the seat is off a BSA as it's more comfortable than the original Triumph one.

For me those original modifications make a bike stand out more than a stock one as it shows they've been loved and used for a purpose, not gathering dust just to be looked at.
Old 28-04-2017, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

When a bike comes out the factory, it is built to a budget and a time scale. It is built for profit, so it goes to stand, yes it is built to a certain standard, but that varies re a 5'o'clock bike lets say, against a Wednesday pm jobbie, or a Monday Morning one. OK quality standards have improved over the years. But it goes to show that new bikes are chucked out the factory with certain flaws that the new owners wil inevitably improve on.

So a bike will over time will have had alterations made to it to suite it's current owner. A bike should keep it's natural patina as it progresses through new ownerships. So in thirty or so years time it shows maturity. If a guy wants to "restore" it then he should restore it to "factory" standards of the time in my opinion. and not the perfect bolt put in the right way, and polished to within an inch of it's life and then "trailored" to shows, to win awards judged by jumped up prats who think they know everything to know about the marquee in question when in reality they haven't even worked on a bike manufacturing line or been anywhere near a manufacturing plant in their life!

So these dildos that think they know everything and try to tell you otherwise are complete arseholes as far as I'm concerned. I have been around manufacturing all my life. from Duplicators, to top of the range boat building, and medical machinery manufacturing, and I can tell you everything is built to a budget and a standard that can always be improved upon. Yes a "concours" machine will win trophies and awards but it shouldn't because it wasn't built to "Factory Standards". So just tell them that and that they can just fuck off!

Oooh! I feel a lot better for that..... And breathe......

Last edited by Friar Tuck; 28-04-2017 at 06:11 AM.
Old 28-04-2017, 11:47 AM

My bike is a 1940 'Deluxe' BSA WM20 issued to the army in January 1940 and has the mudguard skirts at the back which shows it is an early bike, however I chose to put some military racks on for my convenience and get some repro bags. When I was riding it you always had some prat going 'You do know that racks were not fitted to BSA's till at least late '41 early '42 but if you had a Norton they were fitted in 1939. Your bike is all wrong. I was always polite pointing out that they were fitted to suit me, not for a concours look. If they persisted a polite 'Fuck Off, Knobhead' usually worked.

Last edited by Sir Ewok; 28-04-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 28-04-2017, 02:35 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

I used to run a realy ratty Reliant Robin powered trike. Over the years I got used to people telling me their dad used to own one during the war.

It was a proper garage clearance special Mini clubman estate rear seat renault radiator honda CBX tank CX 500 front end etc etc.

Can you imagine my face when some prick started to tell me it wasn't original and would be laughed out of a concourse competition.

Really no shit mate thanks for the advice.

I've always wondered what the fuck he thought he was looking at to start with ?
Old 28-04-2017, 03:16 PM
Chat Pimp

That's a good looking M20 you have there mate
yeah its more a talk down to and over explaining points that don't really need to be made, along with egomania and a nasty superiority complex that seems to be pervasive on that forum, add the loyal suck up worshipers and you just don't stand a chance.
Old 28-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

I had to paint my Bonnie engine as the alloy was well and truly mullered, you should have seen some of the rants I got...

Fuck 'em...
Old 29-04-2017, 05:05 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
My bike is a 1940 'Deluxe' BSA WM20 issued to the army in January 1940 and has the mudguard skirts at the back which shows it is an early bike, however I chose to put some military racks on for my convenience and get some repro bags. When I was riding it you always had some prat going 'You do know that racks were not fitted to BSA's till at least late '41 early '42 but if you had a Norton they were fitted in 1939. Your bike is all wrong. I was always polite pointing out that they were fitted to suit me, not for a concours look. If they persisted a polite 'Fuck Off, Knobhead' usually worked.

I wanna dat bike! Can I have it when you croak?
Old 29-04-2017, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strima View Post
I had to paint my Bonnie engine as the alloy was well and truly mullered, you should have seen some of the rants I got...

Fuck 'em...
You know you should've had them soda blasted. Then lovingly hand polished out all the opaqueness left behind by the blasting, first by Blue Unipol polishing compound using a medium string polishing mop. then followed up with the White Polishing compound using the loose flap cotton mop, until it shines within an inch of it's life, or until you can shout "Mirror mirror! etc" then lovingly spray a fine coat of clear lacquer over everything in sight. An then refit the cover with mild steel Slotted head bolts (lets not forget we are purists here, and the original machine was never fitted with
stainless steel allen bolts!) and ensure that ALL the slots line up horizontally! ("Coz that is wot they do in the factory!" I was told by some fucking Dildo expert!).

Tu! Tut! Painting Alloy engine covers! You'll never catch me doing that! That's not the way they cam out of the Factory that way! Oh no! Indeed not! Tut Tut! Dear o dear o me! no! No! That's not right...mumble! mumble! Gripe Gripe!.....
Old 29-04-2017, 07:37 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
You know you should've had them soda blasted. Then lovingly hand polished out all the opaqueness left behind by the blasting, first by Blue Unipol polishing compound using a medium string polishing mop. then followed up with the White Polishing compound using the loose flap cotton mop, until it shines within an inch of it's life, or until you can shout "Mirror mirror! etc" then lovingly spray a fine coat of clear lacquer over everything in sight. An then refit the cover with mild steel Slotted head bolts (lets not forget we are purists here, and the original machine was never fitted with
stainless steel allen bolts!) and ensure that ALL the slots line up horizontally! ("Coz that is wot they do in the factory!" I was told by some fucking Dildo expert!).

Tu! Tut! Painting Alloy engine covers! You'll never catch me doing that! That's not the way they cam out of the Factory that way! Oh no! Indeed not! Tut Tut! Dear o dear o me! no! No! That's not right...mumble! mumble! Gripe Gripe!.....
Blow me...
Old 29-04-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
I wanna dat bike! Can I have it when you croak?
Afraid not, my youngest has had his eyes on it for ages......
I'm not so sure it was the Grandson's toys on the top of the stairs, loked like a trip wire to me......
Old 30-04-2017, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Afraid not, my youngest has had his eyes on it for ages......
I'm not so sure it was the Grandson's toys on the top of the stairs, loked like a trip wire to me......
Ok, I didn't want to do this but you've forced my hand! I'm invoking clause 68b, subsection iiic, p546, chapter 89 (part 6d) of the Ewokandtuck.Inc Forum Lifetime Entrap...err...Membership Agreement.

So hand it over!......
Old 30-04-2017, 06:52 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strima View Post
Blow me...
Not unless you are going to pay a considerable amount of money
Old 30-04-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Ok, I didn't want to do this but you've forced my hand! I'm invoking clause 68b, subsection iiic, p546, chapter 89 (part 6d) of the Ewokandtuck.Inc Forum Lifetime Entrap...err...Membership Agreement.

So hand it over!......
May I remind you that as a director and founder member of Ewokandtuck Plc. I am NOT a member and therefore am not covered nor required to comply with this clause.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
May I remind you that as a director and founder member of Ewokandtuck Plc. I am NOT a member and therefore am not covered nor required to comply with this clause.
Damn!..........
Old 01-05-2017, 09:47 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Funny this, whilst in Europe recently I had some English tourist lecturing me on the benefits of two wheels at the back of a trike rather than the two wheels at the front..

I asked him if he had ever ridden a trike with two at the front he then went on to say his mate has a trike and he has never ridden ridden it...

To which I replied "stop talking shite and behaving like a cunt - that way your teeth will last longer".

Is it a preserve of the Brits to be holier than thou know-it-alls?
Old 13-05-2017, 10:19 AM
Chat Slapper

who cares if its original thats one beautiful bsa and always had a love of old brit bikes and had my share of nit pickers them whenever i owned them, last one was a triumph 1972 bonnie and usually on about stainless fittings etc or not being a proper bonnie !!!! good job they didnt notice some of bolts were metric lol
did do a few shows with triumph owners club years ago, havent been up brum or meridan in years and perhaps will turn up on the outfit when its finished and wait for views on my hackings of a standard bike hahahaha who gives i loved it and made small mods to suit myself, suppose someones gonna tell me a chair on a triumph 900 wasnt original fitment hahaha or centre hub steering and xr3i wheels no shit sherlock
anthony
Old 14-05-2017, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Ah yeah but, no but, Yeah, as a co founder it is your responsibility to ensure that all founder members (Me being the one and only other!) take presidence above all other encumbents to ensure the Company i.e Ewokandtuck INC. and all its derivitives and deviences, can operate and continue without pause or distraction. I refer to Article 708b, sub paragraph 32c (section 10) on page 690, of the Company Founding Directors Employment Contract. The one that Says " What's mine is mine, aand what's yours is mine as well". The clause that you snuck in whilst I added that other one that I've forgotten about but I'm sure it was very important.....
Therefore hand the bike over.....!!
Old 14-05-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Ah yeah but, no but, Yeah, as a co founder it is your responsibility to ensure that all founder members (Me being the one and only other!) take presidence above all other encumbents to ensure the Company i.e Ewokandtuck INC. and all its derivitives and deviences, can operate and continue without pause or distraction. I refer to Article 708b, sub paragraph 32c (section 10) on page 690, of the Company Founding Directors Employment Contract. The one that Says " What's mine is mine, aand what's yours is mine as well". The clause that you snuck in whilst I added that other one that I've forgotten about but I'm sure it was very important.....
Therefore hand the bike over.....!!
The clause I snuck in was that at the moment of signing the founding papers that Article 708b, sub paragraph32c(section 10) on page 690 was null and void and that all profits, property and slaves belonged to Sir Ewok in perpetuity unto the 7th generation. So yah Boo sucks!

Last edited by Friar Tuck; 15-05-2017 at 05:38 AM.
Old 15-05-2017, 05:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The clause I snuck in was that at the moment of signing the founding papers that Article 708b, sub paragraph32c(section 10) on page 690 was null and void and that all profits, property and slaves belonged to Sir Ewok in perpetuity unto the 7th generation. So yah Boo sucks!
Sorry, I meant Article 620A, sub section 72f, PARAGRAPH 32c, page 463 (Vol 2). Silly me.....
Old 15-05-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I meant Article 620A, sub section 72f, PARAGRAPH 32c, page 463 (Vol 2). Silly me.....
This and all other clauses paragraphs etc were included, which means you actually signed over your half of the business without knowing it. You shouldn't have used Sue, Grabbit & Runne solicitors to draw up the contract as they are a subsidiary of SirEwok Law and Fishmongers Inc.
Old 16-05-2017, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Since pierre fucked off with the bikkie fund, the "business" has been up the creek without a paddle for years......You can have the lid of the tin if you want....
Old 16-05-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Since pierre fucked off with the bikkie fund, the "business" has been up the creek without a paddle for years......You can have the lid of the tin if you want....
Thanks, never give up anything, one day it will be in the ewokandtuck business museum worth millions.......