100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 25-04-2017, 06:46 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Gotta start somewhere...

Hi guys and gals.

33 year old lad residing in Barcelona. Just got onto a road legal bike for the first time. I'm restricted to a 125cc for a while so trying to spruce it up. It's a Suzuki GZ 125 marauder. 2007 model and clean as a whistle. Been stored in the dry and risen in the dry since birth. Well my expertise on mechanics goes as far as this. I was able to remove the pillion seat and it became a single seater. So there you are. That's the end of my skills.

So now I'm wanted to turn it into something special but don't know where to begin. I want to get some cafe racer style bars, and a turn out exhaust but I don't know how to do it. Do I buy myself and bring to a mechanics for installation or do I bring pictures and he orders parts and fits. Mechanics are a bit funny here.

I'd love any advice like I'm in town I can help with info :-) buy you a pint
Turn out exhaust there illegall (are they)?

But yeah.. much love and thanks for reading from the loud, motorbike crazy city of Barca.
Old 26-04-2017, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome Matey! Nice of you to join s here in Good Ole Blighty. first off thanks for tellus a bit about yourself but please, fill out the user CP up on the Left Hand Side there. Cos we is nosey and like to see where you live and what you do, what bikes you have, (a GZ125 in your case, as you say gotta start somewhere!). There are a lot of guys on here that can point you in the right direction. Only here in the Uk though, as we don't ofeten travel to Spain for bits. Try doing things for yourself. The fun is in the learning, and the frustration! Find out where your local bike/custom shop is and I'm sure they will help out as much as possible, and if they are good and patient should give you good advise let you talk turkey with them and even offer you coffee, possibly......
Old 26-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Jedi Chat Master

How do fella. Shop called Bobber House around your way might be a good starting point? Sure there's many more. Good luck with it.