100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27-01-2017, 07:23 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default Got some class?

Can't knock her technique
Pure class !
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...stole-12481588
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 28-01-2017, 06:12 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,185
Default

Serves the buggers right for just handing over the cash! Looks just like another up market greasy spoon that serves food on unhygienic wooden chopping boards.....
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 28-01-2017, 01:03 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 7,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Serves the buggers right for just handing over the cash! Looks just like another up market greasy spoon that serves food on unhygienic wooden chopping boards.....
Wood is a very hygienic plate as it is generally self sanitizing. That's why old fashioned butchers used a wooden chopping block as it was sterile and the wood continued to keep itself sterile after a clean down......
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 28-01-2017, 01:49 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Then this one caught my eye.... Bold as brass ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38761492

You've got to hand it to people haven't you?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 28-01-2017, 01:51 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Serves the buggers right for just handing over the cash! Looks just like another up market greasy spoon that serves food on unhygienic wooden chopping boards.....
They're chucking these grill food joints up all over the place here.
Any style of food you like, it all comes from the same processing plants.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29-01-2017, 06:13 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Then this one caught my eye.... Bold as brass ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38761492

You've got to hand it to people haven't you?
Some times I wish I had the brass neck even to think such a scam up! When the chinese olympics was about to launxh and the Chinese government were buying up anything stainless/brass/copper/plywood sheets for building their olympics stadiums everything went sky rocket on the open market making it hard to get anything commercially. I know as I was an engineering buyer then and anything made form these raw materials just sky rocket in price. People were actually buying copper tubing from the like of B&Q etc. and taking it straight around to the scrappies and getting a better deal from them and making a good profit. This waswhen the scrappies paid you cash and didin't ask too many questions as to the validity of the source of the material being flogged!
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29-01-2017, 06:18 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Wood is a very hygienic plate as it is generally self sanitizing. That's why old fashioned butchers used a wooden chopping block as it was sterile and the wood continued to keep itself sterile after a clean down......
I'll take your word on that but I still don't like the idea of having some vaguely washed bit of lettuce and a something that barely would scrape through the food standards agency idea of cleanliness being served up to me on a bit of wood that probably barely saw a washing machine or washed up in day old washing up water!

The butcher would always wash down and scrub the chopping block after being used. The Butchers I knew did anyway.
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29-01-2017, 01:16 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 7,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
I'll take your word on that but I still don't like the idea of having some vaguely washed bit of lettuce and a something that barely would scrape through the food standards agency idea of cleanliness being served up to me on a bit of wood that probably barely saw a washing machine or washed up in day old washing up water!

The butcher would always wash down and scrub the chopping block after being used. The Butchers I knew did anyway.
It seems to be the thing nowadays to serve food on totally inappropriate plates, I heard of one top restaurant serving food on shovels. I think if they tried that with me I would get up and walk out. Most food places need a food hygiene certificate and although they can't be monitored all the time food poisoning is not good for business....

If you have eaten in a Nigerian restaurant, then you can eat anywhere.....
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 29-01-2017, 04:17 PM
harry's Avatar
harry harry is offline
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Taunton
Posts: 3,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
It seems to be the thing nowadays to serve food on totally inappropriate plates, I heard of one top restaurant serving food on shovels. I think if they tried that with me I would get up and walk out. Most food places need a food hygiene certificate and although they can't be monitored all the time food poisoning is not good for business....

If you have eaten in a Nigerian restaurant, then you can eat anywhere.....
I've eaten food cooked on a shovel but it was on a steam loco. That's all part of the fun.

But in a cafe no ta.
__________________
si is does non opportunus vos postulo a maior pango
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29-01-2017, 10:28 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Some times I wish I had the brass neck even to think such a scam up! When the chinese olympics was about to launxh and the Chinese government were buying up anything stainless/brass/copper/plywood sheets for building their olympics stadiums everything went sky rocket on the open market making it hard to get anything commercially. I know as I was an engineering buyer then and anything made form these raw materials just sky rocket in price. People were actually buying copper tubing from the like of B&Q etc. and taking it straight around to the scrappies and getting a better deal from them and making a good profit. This waswhen the scrappies paid you cash and didin't ask too many questions as to the validity of the source of the material being flogged!
There are people out there who are very shrewd at seeing an opportunity and making money very fast when an opportunity arises. Very sharp people. At the end of the day the biggest cheats and scammers are the politicians and their paymasters the super rich.
They work very big fast ones as a perk of their privilidged status.
Ahh but the man on the street can't.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 29-01-2017, 10:29 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
It seems to be the thing nowadays to serve food on totally inappropriate plates, I heard of one top restaurant serving food on shovels. I think if they tried that with me I would get up and walk out. Most food places need a food hygiene certificate and although they can't be monitored all the time food poisoning is not good for business....

If you have eaten in a Nigerian restaurant, then you can eat anywhere.....
How do you like your bushmeat steak cooked sir?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30-01-2017, 04:45 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
How do you like your bushmeat steak cooked sir?
Road kill anyone?
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 30-01-2017, 04:46 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
There are people out there who are very shrewd at seeing an opportunity and making money very fast when an opportunity arises. Very sharp people. At the end of the day the biggest cheats and scammers are the politicians and their paymasters the super rich.
They work very big fast ones as a perk of their privilidged status.
Ahh but the man on the street can't.
Trump is pretty good at this....
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30-01-2017, 01:07 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 7,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
I've eaten food cooked on a shovel but it was on a steam loco. That's all part of the fun.

But in a cafe no ta.
Exactly, a time and place for everything......
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 30-01-2017, 07:22 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Trump is pretty good at this....
To be fair they are all repugnant.
Clinton accusing Trump of child rape, Trump accusing both Clinton's
of the same. It's a horror story. Tbh
Hideous people.

Congress has asked the FBI for all the data from Clinton's servers to do their own investigation seeing as Carney refused to act on the clearly indictable offenses.
Who is on who's payroll?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 31-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 7,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
There are people out there who are very shrewd at seeing an opportunity and making money very fast when an opportunity arises. Very sharp people. At the end of the day the biggest cheats and scammers are the politicians and their paymasters the super rich.
They work very big fast ones as a perk of their privilidged status.
Ahh but the man on the street can't.
Would love to bank offshore to avoid taxes and get rich for doing feck all, but I was not a politician.......
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 31-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 7,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
How do you like your bushmeat steak cooked sir?
My steak was still bleeding when they delivered it in the Wild West themed restaurant in Lagos. Sent it back double sharp as it was still probably full of dodgy insects and worms etc.....
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 31-01-2017, 06:08 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
My steak was still bleeding when they delivered it in the Wild West themed restaurant in Lagos. Sent it back double sharp as it was still probably full of dodgy insects and worms etc.....
I worked with a guy who worked out in Nigeria for a year or two.
He delighted in telling me stories about what life was like in Lagos.
I was 20 years old at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 31-01-2017, 06:12 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Would love to bank offshore to avoid taxes and get rich for doing feck all, but I was not a politician.......
Politicians / criminals..... interchangeable job titles.
Money would be good but not their lifestyle.
Ooh no no no. Funny clubs and secret societies and small children.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-02-2017, 06:48 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,185
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Would love to bank offshore to avoid taxes and get rich for doing feck all, but I was not a politician.......
You are forgetting our Ewokandtuck Banking Group, Off shore branches at Isle of Sheppey, and Isle of Dogs.....
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-02-2017, 02:08 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 7,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
I worked with a guy who worked out in Nigeria for a year or two.
He delighted in telling me stories about what life was like in Lagos.
I was 20 years old at the time.
Worked in Nigeria for six months in 79-80 and I went back a few times on holiday...Not your usual destination. Also had a months holiday in Ethiopia and only had $100.......for two of us.
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-02-2017, 05:14 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ewok View Post
Worked in Nigeria for six months in 79-80 and I went back a few times on holiday...Not your usual destination. Also had a months holiday in Ethiopia and only had $100.......for two of us.
Goa is another place where you can live for very little money.
As long as you know the usual traveller rules it's a beautiful place.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-02-2017, 06:20 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,185
Default

Dems places has snakes! No way Jose!
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Sir Ewok's Avatar
Sir Ewok Sir Ewok is offline
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever I damn well Please
Posts: 7,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
Dems places has snakes! No way Jose!
So does England, more commonly known as Ewokandtuck.com .....
__________________
Been riding for 40 years and my arse is really sore
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Strider Strider is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Little Lever, Bolton
Posts: 1,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Then this one caught my eye.... Bold as brass ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-38761492

You've got to hand it to people haven't you?
More fool Aldi for not asking for the receipt

No receipt, no refund, I've took the odd bit of stuff back and no issue at all IF you have the receipt which I did, or if you pay by card
__________________
When shit hits the fan, I've learnt it will not be evenly distributed !!!!

Last edited by Strider; 04-02-2017 at 10:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 05-02-2017, 09:09 PM
HOS HOS is offline
Need to Get out More!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: England
Posts: 486
Default

Small fry compared to the JLR heist at Solihull.
Not once but twice in the same night.
It's only just come out the same stunt was pulled three years ago at the same plant.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 05-02-2017, 10:04 PM
Strider Strider is offline
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Little Lever, Bolton
Posts: 1,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Small fry compared to the JLR heist at Solihull.
Not once but twice in the same night.
It's only just come out the same stunt was pulled three years ago at the same plant.
Just googled that ........ waiting for the film to be made.

I remember some bikes being taken at a BMF show a few years ago, they just wheeled them away from the stands and they went into the back of a van and then drove away with them
__________________
When shit hits the fan, I've learnt it will not be evenly distributed !!!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-02-2017, 06:09 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 11,185
Default

The JLR jobbie is not a new idea. Years ago I use to live in Romford, and A local scrappie I knew got involved in a Ford rip off at Dagenham. basically he would put skips into various parts of the Ford plant, then the bottom of the skip would be filled with al wheels, radios, etc, then covered with a tarp, then swarf over the booty. The skip would be emptied on a daily basis, and even though the skip would be weighed in and out the security didn't even bother to check the contents as it was deemed waste material. this went on for several years by all acounts and a number of scrap merchants went down after someone squealed in exchange for a let off and a fine when the scam eventually came to light!
__________________
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.