100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > The Showroom

Notices

Old 28-12-2016, 04:53 PM
Chat Slapper

Default 3 wheels but not quite a trike !!!!!!

hi all havent posted in a longtime because of personal stuff thats been going on for far too long and hopefully will get on some decent rallies again after a couple of years of not doing so
heres some pics of recent angle grinding goings on and general butchery of a triumph 900, its a chs ( centre hub steering ) front end fitted with car wheels with one single bike disc fitted with two six pot calipers.
just finished fitting a cbr1000 shock at moment with a fully adjustable mount which was an utter pig to make, was concerned over future adjustments so covered the bases doing it this way.
steering linkages are being made over next few weeks as tie rods have just arrived along with stainless for fork tubes and all iron work into coaters next week including framework hopefully.
sidecar has been converted to 14" car wheel with progressive r1 suspension and twin calipers fitted, also has had an anti roll bar setup added to sidecar to keep it all level at the back but too buried to photo at moment.
at current build speed probably looking at middle of 2017 before its anywhere near finished as theres still loads to do, only problem not solved yet is fitting a speedo and building an exhaust system which im hoping to run out under sidecar with an upswept design, thought about a pushbike type speedo if any one has any good ideas or experience of such stuff.
aint no chop but been well fooked around with lol and any comments thoughts more than welcome

Name:  IMG_20160613_160539.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  85.5 KB

Name:  IMG_20161112_110129.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  IMG_20161116_163738.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20161214_163143.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  IMG_20161001_113827.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  85.9 KB
Old 28-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Chat Slapper

Default few more pics

Name:  IMG_20160929_170659.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  91.6 KB

Name:  IMG_20160610_065237.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  IMG_20161007_085133.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  IMG_20161116_163843.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  78.8 KB
Old 29-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator

Veerrry neat! Far too technical for this lot, I can tell you!
Old 29-12-2016, 10:17 AM
Chat Pimp

Very nice job! i don't think my welding skills would be quite up to that.
Old 29-12-2016, 12:26 PM
Chat Slapper

Default thanks

thanks for support guys and didnt think a sidecar rig would be liked too much on here
Old 29-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Chat Virgin

Why not a side car? Its not got 4 wheels and looks brilliant, respect!
Old 30-12-2016, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblow View Post
thanks for support guys and didnt think a sidecar rig would be liked too much on here
I'll tell you that half the peeps on here are happy that they can just about stand upright and are happy to sit on or in anything motorbike orientated...

I think a three wheeled mobility scooter would go down a storm....

*grabs tin hat and heads for the hills*
Old 01-01-2017, 12:47 PM
Need to Get out More!

Quality workmanship and coming on very well.
I like that.

12 pot front brakes !!!
Old 01-01-2017, 01:22 PM
Chat Slapper

Default brakes lol

the front brakes are hopefully going to linked to a caliper on sidecar wheel via a bias valve and also rear brake will be operating another brake on sidecar wheel as well as rear wheel.
i wanted this thing to stop quick
Old 01-01-2017, 04:11 PM
Need to Get out More!

The six pot calipers are not very good though.
Well known amongst Busa owner/riders.
They work ok when new but after a while they go downhill fast. The caliper service kits are expensive for good uns.
But even so they never work as well.
It's not uncommon for Busa riders to fit a later model pair of forks from the GSXR1000 with 4 pot radial calipers which are better.

Just a heads up on that one.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:44 PM
Chat Slapper

Default updates on build

hi guys
after a few busy weeks with work which is quite unusual for this time of year and been working round clock so havent done much but have managed to get all brackets welded on and finally tested suspension and thank heavens my sums were right, the cbr shock on test bouncing with three of us holding bike worked a treat, hope its ok on road one day
at the moment its all stripped down and im taking into the powder coaters on monday so full steam ahead next week hopefully and will put some pics up of the shiny bits back on bike

i have some tubing and all linkages for steering setup but cant do much until frame is back in place, swingarms will be re powder coated as i'd made a mistake originally so had to weld some brackets on which was a bugger after getting em coated !!!!! too much haste at time and not enough checking !!!!!

i'v put some pics of steering on its own so anyone interested can see what i'v done and if anyone needs advice or pics drop us a line, one big mistake i made was i should of used bigger wheels as everything is very close.....they were free at the time and cant look a gift horse in the mouth been on a serious budget thats for sure with a divorce battle going on the last two years

soon as its all back together will post some more in a couple of weeks thanks for interest everyone and some of the welding will be finished on the bench by the way
anthony
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Chat Slapper

Default more pics

after a couple of hard months with reworking lower shock mount the sidecar is taking shape again, took 4 weeks to get stuff through powder coaters as everyone is on projects it seems arghhhhhhh but happy with the results and made up most the spacers for suspension arms. seems things had moved around by a couple of millimetres on reassembley which kept me busy figuring out why but all fitted ok in the end and everything lines up perfectly now.
finishing arm spacers tommorow and then starting the push with steering setup which i'v fitted first two rose joints, will have to sub out the fork tubes as i havent got a big enough running centre for my lathe, have all stainless piping for exaust build so it'll be busy times ahead now and put some random pics up of the reassembly so far for those interested.
anthony
Attached Images

Old 06-05-2017, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Corrigated cardboard? Way beyond the technical capabilities of this forum! It's looking good. Any ideas as to what the outer layers are going to look like?
Old 13-05-2017, 09:55 AM
Chat Slapper

haha been a few cardboard cut outs on this build and the outer layers will be a standard british racing green and all the standard triumph sprint 900 fairing and bits and pieces, heres some pics of chair and its a bit buried in my workshop and looking a bit dusty and mucky, chair has a r6 suspension unit with progrssive bits all used too and also has an anti rollbar underneath with xr3i wheel fitted with two triumph 900 calipers, heres some pics of chair and a some of my workshop

progress the last week has been to machine all the spacers for suspension arms and spacers for shock mounts instead of washers as i used to set it up, i have the fork down tubes machined and starting making lower steering joint which should be about a week to complete, all the front end is nearly done and also have a stainless mudguard blank made and will try to fit over the next week.

its about this point i cant find a few bike related bits and pieces that i'd made ages ago as never got some of my belongings back from my garage off ex, i left in quite a rush at time and loads of my records and rally badges from years of rallying never got returned either poooooooo but wasnt an easy time when you find your spouse playing round with an associate of an mc club, must find some rallies and places to go with new girlfriend this year where we wont get bothered at all but we are off to the tt iom soon and thatll be an ok place my kawasaki has an mot and new set of tyres yeah all ready for the tt and i'll put some pics up when steering progrsses a bit more
anthony
Attached Images

Old 14-05-2017, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Some nice kit you've got there Moblow! How do you use them???
Old 17-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Chat Slapper

hi i use them for my business too but mostly on this build i just used the lathe to machine all the round shafts bushes etc etc, theres no way i could do this sort of job without the lathe thats for certain just made the spacers for shock angle adjustment swivel joint out of stainless steel and wanted all this very adjustable hence fitting it in case i wanted to alter ride height at any time, just got to do lower tie adjuster and jobs a good one here it is as of today and will probably move onto exaust next because if i fit steering rods it'll make it hard to access exaust location.
anthony
Attached Images

Old 18-05-2017, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Yup! looking very industrial.....impressed I is!
Old 18-05-2017, 07:35 AM
Chat Pimp

Looking good! yes having a lathe is very useful, i have a little round bed Drummond circa 1900, although its small and battered and requires a tap to center things in the chuck, i can still manage spacers etc as long as they are not required to be thou, cough 10 thou perfect.
Old 28-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Chat Slapper

hi all
finally got around to making first bit of steering linkage and downtubes are installed with bottom swivels in place, now on to linkage bars yeah but my kawasaki has blown a exxaust gasket cause some knob head didnt tighten the new exaust up properly so strip down the weekend and do again booooo
on with the fun
anthony
Attached Images

Old 29-06-2017, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator

All this engineering...just blown my mind!
Old 12-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Chat Slapper

Default more debauchery

hi all the welder and lathe have been hard at it this week and here is finished bottom swivel linkage for steering.......hoping to get steering rods in this week too when i get chance to get to the metal supply shop as cant find a piece of tube in my workshop...........hope this works ok eeeeeeeeeeeeek
somehow i have to make a 3 into 1 connector so will get my brain on the next challenge but will probably install the sidecar next so i can see if i can route exaust under chair somehow !!!!! i'd like exaust to exit just behind sidecar wheel
happy bodging everyone

anthony
Attached Images

Old 13-07-2017, 04:32 AM
Super Moderator

Aint you finished nailing that old banger together yet?
Old 13-07-2017, 11:35 AM
Chat Slapper

Default it steers :)

hi all
yeah the old banger steers massive phew lol now digging sidecar out of its hiding place for atatchement over the next week, will load some pics up of anti roll bar set up and suspension mods to the old squire chair soon.
god thats a sigh of relief my sums and bits of strapped together wood worked
anthony
Attached Images

Old 14-07-2017, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Coming along, coming along......
Old 22-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Chat Slapper

Default its sidecar time

hi all repositioned the bike which took a couple of us to achieve so i have the space to fit the sidecar and now have machined all the connection knuckles and fitted to the bike frame and to sidecar, now on to wheeling the chair into place
anthony
Attached Images

Old 22-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Chat Pimp

Looking seriously like it might be ready soon?
Old 23-07-2017, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

He's going to have to knock the garage door out to get the thing outside first! That is going to look big and WIDE!
Old 25-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Chat Slapper

Default sidecar going on

hi all and yes it is a bloody big rig haha and here is start of chair goig on, looks all a bit weathered as it was stored outside for a while but you can see the yammie r6 suslension tied up to a linkage to the rear bike swing arm which should keep all the back flat going round the twisties i hope.
am going to attach and get it built will prob get it recoated next year when iv used the thing and everything is hard work making all the bespoke parts on this job eeeeek
anthony
Attached Images

Old 26-07-2017, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator

Just the one point of attachment to the frame from the chair?
Old 26-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Chat Slapper

Default sidecar

hi friar tuck and sidecar has six attatchement points in total, at moment im balancing drums of water on the outfit to mimic my big fat ass and a passenger so its hopefully all level when connected which will take a couple of weeks as all the connectors will be machined to fit exactly but it feels like im turning a corner on this job now yeah
have a good week anthony