100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > The Showroom

Notices

Old 18-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Need to Get out More!

Default My 2nd from last project.

2nd last project.
OK I know its a tupperwear bike, so please don't rip me head off
Its was a high performance street/drag bike.
Dutch supercharger and some.
Home build apart from the blower install and electri-whizery.
PCIII infact and generic softwear followed up with dyno time.
Twin fuel maps switchable whilst riding.
Lowish power setting and a full OMG setting.

A standard Hayabusa is extremely rapid.
1st gear = 83 mph top speed.
2nd gear = 115 mph
3rd gear = 143 mph
4th gear = 171 mph
5th gear = 190 mph
6th gear = ???

But sometimes you need more power?
Forced induction is the way to go.
Plenty of turbo bikes out there, but not many supercharged.
This was a lot of work, but great fun.
Too long a spec sheet and max 240 rwhp.

Pure adrenalin rush.
Old 19-04-2016, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

3rd, 4th, 5th, an 6th gears would be redundant in my case! My sphincter wouldn't be able to cope with the rest after the 2nd!

And you totally lost me after all the techno gizmo wizardry!

Just looks Faaast standing still!
Old 19-04-2016, 06:15 AM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
3rd, 4th, 5th, an 6th gears would be redundant in my case! My sphincter wouldn't be able to cope with the rest after the 2nd!

And you totally lost me after all the techno gizmo wizardry!

Just looks Faaast standing still!
Electro-whizardry is not my best subject so I leave it to the experts.
There are different grades of fast for certain.
You have to recalibrate your brain for this bike.
Even with my bulk on it and a 5" stretch on the wheelbase the front wheel lifted all too easily in any gear just on the throttle.
Old 19-04-2016, 12:01 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

I knew a bloke who had a Busa - he was well know for being a bit of an animal on two wheels, and even he parted with the bike cos he said he kept trying to find out how fast it would go and he thought he would probably kill himself!
Old 19-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Need to Get out More!

There are so many street bikes now in the 200mph bracket.
Tbh you are not going to buy one and keep it below 60 or 70mph, it aint going to happen.

My own personal view of the Hayabusa is that its probably the most accomplished motorcycle ever built. I know died in the wool Harley riders in the US who have felt the desire to try a Hayabusa and been amazed when they do.
No harm in having one of each in the garage like some of them do.
Old 19-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Now I sort of like that ....... I like fast, but busa's aint my thing, I'm afraid I'm in that old argument of ZZR1400 v Busa.

Its not the technology and engine, its the looks, but the blue and black is the best colour and the earlier versions look better than the later ones IMHO
Old 19-04-2016, 09:21 PM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
Now I sort of like that ....... I like fast, but busa's aint my thing, I'm afraid I'm in that old argument of ZZR1400 v Busa.

Its not the technology and engine, its the looks, but the blue and black is the best colour and the earlier versions look better than the later ones IMHO
I would be happy with either in the garage.
I had a derestricted zzr1100d2 before my first Busa and I've had a few other rapid Kawasaki's in the past.
Got a big old air cooled Kawasaki atm. A work in progress.

The new Busa is on the cards for 2017/2018.
Bet Kawasaki get something quicker out before then?
Old 19-04-2016, 09:23 PM
Need to Get out More!

But then there's the H2 and H2R
Have you seen this?

https://youtu.be/LUeHtww5rVI

Last edited by HOS; 19-04-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 19-04-2016, 11:24 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOS View Post
Have you seen this?

Kin hell

Above 130 for me thing's sort of turn into computer game mode I just can't keep up with what's happening

When you said H2 I thought of the two stroke triples

When i was dispatching i borrowed a H1 for a day that was fun from Hatton Garden to the new forest kin hell that bike was thirsty it did about 20mpg i still think of that bike after almost 40 year's yup should have got one of them and not the Suzuki kettle another 20mpg bike, lesson learned don't believe everything you read in roadtests 50mpg my ass handled well my ass mine handled like crap and did 20mpg 120 on the clock you needed 3lanes just to stay alive
Old 20-04-2016, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Have you seen this?

The best holiday I ever had, the 2002 TT, just after the Foot and Mouth scare as the 2001 TT was called off because of it. The first TT in a long time where no one was killed as well, I believe.
Old 20-04-2016, 10:07 AM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
Kin hell

Above 130 for me thing's sort of turn into computer game mode I just can't keep up with what's happening

When you said H2 I thought of the two stroke triples

When i was dispatching i borrowed a H1 for a day that was fun from Hatton Garden to the new forest kin hell that bike was thirsty it did about 20mpg i still think of that bike after almost 40 year's yup should have got one of them and not the Suzuki kettle another 20mpg bike, lesson learned don't believe everything you read in roadtests 50mpg my ass handled well my ass mine handled like crap and did 20mpg 120 on the clock you needed 3lanes just to stay alive
Those Kawa triples were very thirsty and had small tanks !!! Remember the era well.
I don't think the kettle was known for good handling Mind you none of those 70s bikes handled...... Yam XS1100, Suzuki GT's, GPZ's.KH750/500/400/250.... bad dreams.
In that whole era the bikes that handled were British. Triumph, Norton, etc

I had an early Hinckley 900 Trident for a short while and it was a sweet handling bike. But the GPZ1100 efi I had in 2001 handled like a bent canal barge on acid out at sea, in a storm force 10 !

This thing.... fast as fook but bends are a big NO.

Look at the forks? They look like they should be on a 125?
Old 20-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Got that agree on that all the road tests of the day said the kettle handled pretty well and did 50mpg that was all bollox the 500 handled far better and did a genuine 50mpg if not thrashed too hard

The Gpz 750 mine never handled my old T500 Suzuki was far and away better even running TT100's they used to turn blue on the edges when pushed hard

Fuckin kettle tried to kill me on more than one occasion the last time i was playing with a lad on a comando I had him on the streight's he had me on the corners then the Fuckin thing decided to dump the gearbox oil onto the back tyre fuckin crank seals had gone

Memories eh

Last edited by wiskers; 20-04-2016 at 10:47 AM.
Old 20-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Need to Get out More!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiskers View Post
Got that agree on that all the road tests of the day said the kettle handled pretty well and did 50mpg that was all bollox the 500 handled far better and did a genuine 50mpg if not thrashed too hard

The Gpz 750 mine never handled my old T500 Suzuki was far and away better even running TT100's they used to turn blue on the edges when pushed hard

Fuckin kettle tried to kill me on more than one occasion the last time i was playing with a lad on a comando I had him on the streight's he had me on the corners then the Fuckin thing decided to dump the gearbox oil onto the back tyre fuckin crank seals had gone

Memories eh

It was a hell of a time to be alive and on a bike.
All my mates were bikers. Leamington and Warwick were biker towns and seemed to be the epicentre of the bike clubs in the early days. When I was a kid, just 17 I used to occasionally go in the Colonnade pub for a beer not knowing that Maz Harris drank in there.

My local was a new estate pub called The Bout Time. It was a bikers only pub none of the locals went in there.
We all carried weapons and drank and rode. Seemed a bit like the wild west compared to sanitised life today.
Boon aka Michael Elphic had a biker pub in Henley in Arden. In Leam the two I drank in were the Somerville Arms and the Black Horse. There was loads more bikers pubs and in Warwick.
Old 20-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
It was a hell of a time to be alive and on a bike.
All my mates were bikers. Leamington and Warwick were biker towns and seemed to be the epicentre of the bike clubs in the early days. When I was a kid, just 17 I used to occasionally go in the Colonnade pub for a beer not knowing that Maz Harris drank in there.

My local was a new estate pub called The Bout Time. It was a bikers only pub none of the locals went in there.
We all carried weapons and drank and rode. Seemed a bit like the wild west compared to sanitised life today.
Boon aka Michael Elphic had a biker pub in Henley in Arden. In Leam the two I drank in were the Somerville Arms and the Black Horse. There was loads more bikers pubs and in Warwick.
Your right there it was a great time

Looking back i wouldn't have missed it for the world even the New forest weekend was a great party until it went tits up

Sunday lunchtime with mabe 50 bike's outside the pub how I miss those days
Old 15-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Chat Slapper

Default mad

thats a serious bit of insanity a busa with more power eeeeek and remember getting over leamington with friends years ago for the odd piss up, even at 17 we used to pack up on a fri nite and a load of us would head off to some obscure rally and heres me on one of my bikes at 19 which was bought off a guy in studley as an unfinished project and oh my god i had hair once lol also ran a cb900 which didn't handle either and owned gpz's etc around that time !!!! i had a wet dream hondamatic also which was a nightmare and truly thirsty
god those kettles were dangerous in the wrong hands
picture of back wheel is a current sidecar build thats gone a bit mad lol give me my angle grinder I'm coming in, also heres sidecar modded with yam r6 suspension and wheel has twin brakes fitted so it'll operate off a dual system, its an old squire sidecar by the way and also has an anti roll bar setup fitted to the sidecar
anthony
Attached Images

Old 15-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Need to Get out More!

Ello moblow

Good to see someone else who enjoys messin around with bikes.
I did see your intro but this is my first reply.
Yeah I'm 57 years old and still profoundly into bikes and always will be.
Bromsgrove is a fair old treck from here. I moved eastwards out of Warwickshire/West Midlands a few years ago.

There are still a few of us stubborn old buggers meeting at Waterside, Stratford despite the stuck up arseholes on the town council not wanting us there.
The midlands bike meets have dwindled in recent years and Warks in particular has very few. The harrassment by the bill has a lot to do with that situation.

The weekly bike meet at the Wheel over your way was stopped years ago.
I never went to that one, too many bill around.

But welcome to the forum and good to see you're having a resurgence !!!

The trailer looks a work of engineering art !!!! Is it to carry bikes? if you don't mnd me asking.

Last edited by HOS; 15-05-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 15-05-2016, 10:35 AM
Chat Slapper

Default sidecar

no its to carry a sidecar lol owned a few over the years and have the workshop to build stuff luckily with lathes millers etc etc and heres a pic of it few years ago in standard trim, being modded now so it handles hopefully
anthony
Attached Images

Old 16-05-2016, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moblow View Post
thats a serious bit of insanity a busa with more power eeeeek and remember getting over leamington with friends years ago for the odd piss up, even at 17 we used to pack up on a fri nite and a load of us would head off to some obscure rally and heres me on one of my bikes at 19 which was bought off a guy in studley as an unfinished project and oh my god i had hair once lol also ran a cb900 which didn't handle either and owned gpz's etc around that time !!!! i had a wet dream hondamatic also which was a nightmare and truly thirsty
god those kettles were dangerous in the wrong hands
picture of back wheel is a current sidecar build thats gone a bit mad lol give me my angle grinder I'm coming in, also heres sidecar modded with yam r6 suspension and wheel has twin brakes fitted so it'll operate off a dual system, its an old squire sidecar by the way and also has an anti roll bar setup fitted to the sidecar
anthony
Like the chop! Bit of air in the back tyre wouldn't have gone amiss tho'