100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 27-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

I honestly dont think there is pressure Taff... she is the most capable, most suited, and most perfectly fitted for that job... she'll walk it..
Old 27-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Pat Rihoy, you rock!
Old 27-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Chat Pimp

good luck in the new post,looking foward to seeing where you go with the mag as a long time reader
Old 28-11-2013, 12:29 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
Thanks to Nik for some great entertainment over the years and some friendly arguments about bikes & trikes.

congratulations Blue
Same from over here..
Old 28-11-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
Pat Rihoy, you rock!
Thank you Missus....you too...
Old 30-11-2013, 01:33 AM

God, all the gushing replies from Nik, to those (both of 'em) who've wished him all the best and complimented him on his input to the mag, and his tearful thanks for being the ones who've bought his mag and kept him in a job for the last few years, are choking me up.
Dont shit on people on your way up.
You might meet them on your way down.
Old 30-11-2013, 07:32 AM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Will the "run to the sun" be crossing over to 100% ??

.......*runs and hides
Old 30-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
I was always a fan of AWOL and Custom Bike, bought Back Street Heroes in the early days but soon switched off when the magazines aimed at the lower end bikes turned up. I bought Brit Chopper when it was around so will buy another issue of 100% and see if its worth re subscribing also.

Also any chance of bikes and trikes in the same mag without having to buy two?
I agree with combining the bikes and trikes back in the same mag. Suppose it'll be down to the circulation figures
Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
God, all the gushing replies from Nik, to those (both of 'em) who've wished him all the best and complimented him on his input to the mag, and his tearful thanks for being the ones who've bought his mag and kept him in a job for the last few years, are choking me up.
Shown himself to be what he is IMHO...

www.freewebs.com/capitalwings
Old 02-12-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Never met the guy, never fell out with the guy, enjoyed some of his musings in the mag, so I aint gonna decry him for treading on someone else's toes.
I do realise some folk on here have issues with him, but I am not a 'band waggoneer'.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Never had an issue with Him. Didn't agree with some of contents of the mag at times, but no big deal. Like Bikebuster not jumping on bandwagon. Have enjoyed the mag whoever edited it in the past.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Buster View Post
Never met the guy, never fell out with the guy, enjoyed some of his musings in the mag, so I aint gonna decry him for treading on someone else's toes.
I do realise some folk on here have issues with him, but I am not a 'band waggoneer'.
Nope, i've never met him either, and only fell out with him on here.
Still aint a big fan.
I dont see him as treading on anybody's toes, more a case of trying on shoes that he'll never fill, same as he couldn't fill Pat's.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Nope, i've never met him either, and only fell out with him on here.
Still aint a big fan.
I dont see him as treading on anybody's toes, more a case of trying on shoes that he'll never fill, same as he couldn't fill Pat's.
maybe he didnt want to fill anybodys shoes. was trying to go his own way. I enyoyed his musings and the magazine.looking forward to seeing how it goes under the capable hands of BLUE. im sure she will do things her way as well.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 PM
Chat Virgin

Wow, everyone's a critic!

Can't believe the bitchy shit I've read on this thread so far. What happened to keeping boardroom politics in the boardroom? Why can't you just wish them both good luck in their new jobs - why do you have to be so nasty about it? You wonder why no one's commented in his favour! Shit why would anyone want to.. well other than me but that's cos I have a knack of sticking my head above the parapet.

You don't have to like everyone but you know what, he did a good job whether you like him or hate him. End of the day, the mag thrived under his editorial and was the ONLY mag to do well recently, even against the big boys like BSH. Let's face it, as a SFmag reader, I'm still mourning the loss of my fav mag, which got screwed over big time, as well as my two fav writers. The only reason I will now read BSH is because I wanna see where Nik takes it. Up til now, I gave it a go but thought it was too glossy and up it's own arse quite frankly. But each to their own, others enjoy it, so who am I to slag it off? It's about personal preference, people show theirs by buying it.

Talking of slagging off, I've yet to hear Nik say one bad word about any of this, only seen him say good things about the transition. I'm sure he has his views, as does Blue but both of them have the good manners and professionalism not to spout them over the internet. I've gotta respect that.

I look forward to seeing what both people bring to the table with both mags. I wish them both every success at their creative ventures.

I'll leave you to carry on with ya dummy throwing, as you were
Old 05-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoZ View Post
Wow, everyone's a critic!

Can't believe the bitchy shit I've read on this thread so far. What happened to keeping boardroom politics in the boardroom? Why can't you just wish them both good luck in their new jobs - why do you have to be so nasty about it? You wonder why no one's commented in his favour! Shit why would anyone want to.. well other than me but that's cos I have a knack of sticking my head above the parapet.

You don't have to like everyone but you know what, he did a good job whether you like him or hate him. End of the day, the mag thrived under his editorial and was the ONLY mag to do well recently, even against the big boys like BSH. Let's face it, as a SFmag reader, I'm still mourning the loss of my fav mag, which got screwed over big time, as well as my two fav writers. The only reason I will now read BSH is because I wanna see where Nik takes it. Up til now, I gave it a go but thought it was too glossy and up it's own arse quite frankly. But each to their own, others enjoy it, so who am I to slag it off? It's about personal preference, people show theirs by buying it.

Talking of slagging off, I've yet to hear Nik say one bad word about any of this, only seen him say good things about the transition. I'm sure he has his views, as does Blue but both of them have the good manners and professionalism not to spout them over the internet. I've gotta respect that.

I look forward to seeing what both people bring to the table with both mags. I wish them both every success at their creative ventures.

I'll leave you to carry on with ya dummy throwing, as you were
"Your the only one to stick your head above the parapet", have you been reading this thread right.
Old 20-12-2013, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Yee Harr! Welcome Mistress Blue!

This is gonna be fun! What with Pat back and now Blue on board.

I think the sparks are gonna fly.

Will Stu Garland be making guest appearances?

And more importantly will Gruff be making an appearance?
Old 20-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Chat Slapper

OK, I dont care for the american twin which is why I stopped buying BSH. I'll wait to see how Blue takes on the job before slating anyone.
Meanwhile, I'll hover in the background.
Old 20-12-2013, 09:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to BikerGran

We'd like pictures of that Sypderider!
Old 20-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderider View Post
OK, I dont care for the american twin which is why I stopped buying BSH. I'll wait to see how Blue takes on the job before slating anyone.
Meanwhile, I'll hover in the background.
I don't mind American v twins or xs 650s, but there is more to custom bikes than just those. So hope the mag keeps the variety of bikes
Old 21-12-2013, 09:55 AM

I must admitt, due to prefering to keep my limmited funds directed at keeping the bike leggal in the face of an eternal pay freeze, I let my subscription at the newsagent lapse, and found I didn't miss my monthly reading as much as I used to if I missed an issue, so possibly think the mag had gone a bit stale, if you get my meaning. The change in editorship might bring me back, who knows? I think really though, it was the depth of content that killed my subscription, blackjack left and his articles were really good, but so were the ones that followed, but they seemed to not always be there. The other factor that I started to feel was getting a bit repeated was how much space was given over to big budgett customs with v twin engines and sending the trikes off into their own magazine, I'm not keen enough on trikes to keep up the subscription but included in the main mag, they helped keep the mag alive and interesting. Thought I'd throw my thoughts in the ring for the new editor, I won't slate Nic as I don't really have an axe to grind, and the main reason for dropping my subscription was financial, nowt jazz can do about my pay. Want to talk about editor changes wrecking a magazine, well I reacon classic motorcycle mechanic post Rod Gibson is the hands down winner of that award. Suddenly all the articles were about where you could send the bike to get the tyres pumped up . Really the issue there was it was (is) a mechanics mag with an editor who openly admitted to barely knowing which end of a spanner to use - killed the depth of the artilcles.
Keep 100% with it's feet firmly planted and some content in the grass roots is my request, with some workshop content, if the suggestions of a lapsed subscriber are of interest.
Good luck Blue
Old 31-12-2013, 02:26 PM
Chat Virgin

Smile

Best wishes for the new year and the new job Blue.
Old 31-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Hi Blue

Hi from the newest member, roadkingboy. Looking forward to the Blue era she writes well with a great sense of humour can't wait!
Long term BSH subscriber just had Nics first issue, may have to rethink my subs! Role on issue 178 I say!
Old 31-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkingboy View Post
Hi from the newest member, roadkingboy. Looking forward to the Blue era she writes well with a great sense of humour can't wait!
Long term BSH subscriber just had Nics first issue, may have to rethink my subs! Role on issue 178 I say!
Not sure bout the new BSH issue either. There is some nice bikes, but the written content is poor. Good to see readers lives back, but do we need 2 of Niks own pics in there. Maybe not enough time to get the mag to it's regular high standard with the transition. Time will tell
Old 01-01-2014, 02:42 PM
Chat Pimp

Send a message via AIM to robbum

congratulations to Blue and hope she does as well in new venture as she has as a writer
Old 02-01-2014, 12:20 PM
Chat Slut

Time to put my hand in my pocket and cough up for a postal subscription.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Chat Virgin

Congratulations Blue - it's certainly going to be an interesting year!
Hopefully you will have time to keep writing too?

Also, personal hopes are that there is a bias towards bikes (& rods & trikes) and maybe tech, rather than the tidal wave of event coverage. I know some people like it, but too many pages on events just leaves me cold.

Anyway, I look forward to 100% going from strength to strength.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Chatter Box

My personal thing would be less tech (as it leaves me cold, plus it goes over my head anyway), and more diversity of events. I also like the jokes page, the rogues gallery and the letters pages. I don't want much.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:56 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Congratulations on the new job Blue, I was a bit saddened when I got the last issue of BSH and realised you were no longer in it as I always enjoy what you write but I'm ok now I know you'll still be writing about bikes and stuff
All I'll say about any possible changes to the mag are put some funny jokes in-laughing is one of the things I enjoy most in life
Old 25-11-2014, 01:53 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to technoboiler

Its all new to me....ee nice to be back, hope all's been well whilst I have been away!
Old 25-11-2014, 12:32 PM

Ayeoop Techno. Haven't heard from you for a while. You keeping ok?

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.