100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 14-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default Here's something to moan about

About a month or so ago the government had a great brainwave that would make us all happy and be a sure fire vote winner..

Because, they announced, a large percentage of British families were in what they called fuel poverty, they would freeze the prices of gas and electricity to help all those poor people to survive the cold winters..I don't think they said how long they would freeze the price for but I suspect it was going to be a year..

What they did say was that it would start in 2015..Ok so today we got notification of the first gas and electricity price increases through the post..expect yours soon..The energy companies have two years advance warning of a possible price freeze so they are taking this time to fit as many increases as they can in before 2015..

Of course those wonderful people who gave us this vote winner get paid so much money that a few hundred extra on their energy bills by 2015 won't bother them in the slightest..and what right have we to moan..haven't they said they will freeze the price in 2015..how could we be so ungrateful?

John.

Last edited by John Hopkins; 14-10-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 14-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Of course those wonderful people who gave us this vote winner get paid so much money that a few hundred extra on their energy bills by 2015 won't bother them in the slightest..and what right have we to moan..haven't they said they will freeze the price in 2015..how could we be so ungrateful?

John.
John: THEY dont pay their energy bills, WE do, they claim them on expenses...

Old 14-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Chatter Box

Default They

demand price freeze. Companies jack up price, and it gets frozen. People see companies as bad, government as on their side. Gov't gets extra taxation revenue and so is happy twice over (ooops, shouldn't have said that last bit out loud. Sssshhh, don't tell anyone).
Old 14-10-2013, 11:53 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
demand price freeze. Companies jack up price, and it gets frozen. People see companies as bad, government as on their side. Gov't gets extra taxation revenue and so is happy twice over (ooops, shouldn't have said that last bit out loud. Sssshhh, don't tell anyone).
Not everyone is as narrow minded or ignorant as you. Very few people see the government as being on their side. Why do you think the government is constantly changing from Tory to Labour. Only difference this time is that not enough people felt sorry enough for the Tories to give them a clear majority. Hence we are lumbered with those fuckwit, lilly livered, do gooder, PC ass wipe Liberals.

Milliband has scored another own goal. The electorate will see clean through his little gamble. The power companies WILL increase prices just as sure as the sun will rise in the morning. Camoron will do fuck all about it, because his pals at the treasury will rake in billions in extra VAT and other taxes.

Come the next election IF by some freak of chance Liebour win, the promise will be broken. Just the same as Camoron's promise about a referendum on leaving the EU. Just the same Bliars promise about ex servicemen getting prompt treatment on the NHS when he closed all the military hospitals.

I am surprised you have time to think about others when you are so concerned about your own pension and working hours. You are only demanding a price freeze because you will have to pay the increase in fuel prices just like everybody else.

I don't see masses of teachers threatening industrial action or any NUT members making any demands, much less actually doing something about it.

There are very few things that will get British people to demonstrate effectively and with any sense of commitment or true belief in what they are asking for. Soon as the government gets heavy the great unwashed will all go back to being well behaved citizens that know their place.

Remember the Poll Tax riots? Few days of riots by a very small minority, that was it. Remember Scargill and the miners? That was a bloody shambles that cost the miners very dear. Remember the government has all the big guns. People still moan and curse about the poll tax and there are many miners that still feel very bitter. Unfortunately, they HAD to move on and find other jobs and ways of putting food on the table.

Remember Stonehenge? The police (The mindless puppets of a series of badly failed pseudo fascist regimes, that are as corrupt as the bankers and equally morally bankrupt) used tactics that were nothing short of barbaric and brutal. The vast majority of those wanting to go to Stonehenge were peaceful and wanted to celebrate the solstice. Instead the were assaulted by hordes of masked cops. They were beaten up, dragged from their vehicles, their property was destroyed. Those arrested were found guilty before they even got to court to face the biased trials that cost many of them much more than they could afford to lose.

Remember The Bulldog Bash. I know how fucking ridiculous that government sponsored fiasco was because I was stopped, searched, questioned and threatened with arrest TWICE in three hours by armed cops. I had some of my property confiscated on bullshit "Reasons". The best "FUCK YOU" to the government came with the following years Bulldog Bash.

The same year, the guy that organised several shows was crucified by the government sponsored cops.

So demand all you want, nobody in any position of authority is going to do a thing that you or any number of people making demands wants. Simply because those in such a position do not have the balls to actually do something. They would much rather protect their feathered nests.

Meanwhile, 99% of the population will feel extremely pissed off, but after thinking about what they would like to do they will realise that they cannot do anything because they will face personal ruin. We are all dependant on our jobs, (Those that have them). We all need that regular income to provide for our families. Those with families know all too well that their family rely on them to put food on the table. The politicians know that and continue to take the piss.

The wheel keeps turning and the shit sandwich of life just gets spread out a bit more.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 15-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Chatter Box

Default Chopper

my post was a sarcastic narrative on how the Labour party see this policy panning out; not my own views on the subject. I never once said I wanted a price freeze
Old 15-10-2013, 02:25 PM
Banned

Who's feeding the Troll.
Old 15-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Troll full up now..

John.
Old 23-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Noisy Scouse Gobshite and Owner of the snigger TM

Milliband left his brain at home when he came out with the price freeze idea. Perhaps it would be a better idea to fit solar PV panels on every government owned roof and use the money generated from the feed in tariff to provide free gas and leccy for all pensioners.

Mitch Says " It'll be alright trust me, I'm a yorkshireman..... "
Old 23-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav View Post
Milliband left his brain at home when he came out with the price freeze idea. Perhaps it would be a better idea to fit solar PV panels on every government owned roof and use the money generated from the feed in tariff to provide free gas and leccy for all pensioners.
.... and while they are doing that, all these new homes they claim we need to house all those non reflective cunts that can't or will not use birth control, should also have solar panels fitted at the time of build.

Mind you there is enough gas being produced in various government, police, council and union offices to run half of Milton Keynes. The other half just plug in to the nearest lamp post or they are newly arrived and haven't yet figured out that we have electricity in this country. Candles are for girly baths and those too tight to buy a dildo.

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 26-10-2013, 01:57 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
Hence we are lumbered with those fuckwit, lilly livered, do gooder, PC ass wipe Liberals.
Couldn't have said it better myself!