100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
i backed off from this...

because there was a possibility that i just might end up giving a shite ((c) KevIN Bridges) but also cos i knew in my bones that you fenrir like the teachers I described above: thought you were something special...

you are NOT.
the world you thought you knew/I knew is no more, all you are, like anybody else nowadays, is, is a wage slave. your job is to hold on to the kids until they can become a debtor to the world, your job is to train them to accept this as normal, to train them to obey, to listen to pricks like you who think they are special just because for a few years you have 'care & control'

& dont tell me you dont think this, because you cant even be arsed to fight for better terms & conditions, to fight the status quo.

if you'd read what i'd written, i was suggesting there was a way out for you, a way out to a better, better paid, better terms & conditions & a future where you didnt have to work but could enjoy this short life we have...

but no, you didnt read that, YOU are holding on to: 'why can't everybody see that i'm special' & pay me what I believe i'm owed.

the only people allowed that nowadays are politicians. THEY got a pay rise, they got great terms & conditions...why? because they gave up teaching.
gave up being lawyers, gave up whatever they did because they saw the real gravy train: being a politician.

if you were bright you might just see this.

Excellent post.

I must add that there is another option. Retire, (I did). Invest some money in something that you really want to do. (I have.) Then you are entirely responsible for your own terms and conditions. (Like me).

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperFXR View Post
As I said earlier, it is YOU that has missed the point. Moaning about something, without offering an alternative is simply moaning. Nothing positive, encouraging or motivating. My answer is to get teachers to improve their performance THEN, you can talk from a position of strength. At the moment you are just whining like a fucked up two stroke and it is boring.

Chopper
I did offer an alternative - give education as an industry the same sort of credit and self-regulation as applied to numerous other professional industries in the UK and remove the politicised (tree-hugger leftie or otherwise) nature of the job.
Quote:
i backed off from this...

because there was a possibility that i just might end up giving a shite ((c) KevIN Bridges) but also cos i knew in my bones that you fenrir like the teachers I described above: thought you were something special...

you are NOT.
the world you thought you knew/I knew is no more, all you are, like anybody else nowadays, is, is a wage slave. your job is to hold on to the kids until they can become a debtor to the world, your job is to train them to accept this as normal, to train them to obey, to listen to pricks like you who think they are special just because for a few years you have 'care & control'

& dont tell me you dont think this, because you cant even be arsed to fight for better terms & conditions, to fight the status quo.

if you'd read what i'd written, i was suggesting there was a way out for you, a way out to a better, better paid, better terms & conditions & a future where you didnt have to work but could enjoy this short life we have...

but no, you didnt read that, YOU are holding on to: 'why can't everybody see that i'm special' & pay me what I believe i'm owed.

the only people allowed that nowadays are politicians. THEY got a pay rise, they got great terms & conditions...why? because they gave up teaching.
gave up being lawyers, gave up whatever they did because they saw the real gravy train: being a politician.

if you were bright you might just see this.

Can't be arsed to fight is an incorrect statement. I said I disagreed with the tactics being used by the union. I've done my share of collective fighting previously.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
I did offer an alternative - give education as an industry the same sort of credit and self-regulation as applied to numerous other professional industries in the UK and remove the politicised (tree-hugger leftie or otherwise) nature of the job.

Can't be arsed to fight is an incorrect statement. I said I disagreed with the tactics being used by the union. I've done my share of collective fighting previously.
Typical of a whole swathe of British society. A sense of entitlement. No wonder kids think they are entitled to everything they want. What makes you think that you or other teachers are entitled to anything other than your annual salary?

You are paid to do a job. You wanted to be a teacher. You accepted the terms and conditions of that particular post. Be grateful you have a job. Do it properly, prove that you can produce acceptable results, then you MIGHT just have something to fight with.

Chopper

Old 06-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
You accepted the terms and conditions of that particular post.

Be grateful you have a job.

Do it properly, prove that you can produce acceptable results, then you MIGHT just have something to fight with.

Chopper
1. The terms and conditions keep being altered. What I get now isn't what I signed up for.

2. I am grateful, but that doesn't mean I am happy to endure a constant degradation of my role without resistance. Since when did it become the done thing to just accept the minimum offering with a tugged forelock? Whatever happened to a sense of pride and self worth in this country? (neither of which is in any way a sense of entitlement - I have fought for and earned my way thru life. Son of a squaddie, homeless three times, never unemployed, took crap-ass minimum wage jobs to pay my way thru university, etc)

3. Actually, MY students do very very well thank you. I teach kids from standard working class backgrounds and send a lot of them to uni; a few to Oxford and Cambridge. None of mine leave lacking in literacy skills.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

can't one of you stop this..one of you is burbling on about teaching and unions and stuff that has been going on since before you were born..and you can't do anything about it..

And the other is poking him with a stick just to watch him twitch..

I went for a nice ride today..

John.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
can't one of you stop this..one of you is burbling on about teaching and unions and stuff that has been going on since before you were born..and you can't do anything about it..

And the other is poking him with a stick just to watch him twitch..

I went for a nice ride today..

John.
I feel duty bound to prod the silly cunt. Sort of like when your shagging doggy style, there's a vacant hole right in front of you. You just have to fill it!

Nice day for a ride John. Wish I could have been out on the bike today, but my shoulder is so bloody painful, I can't lift my arm high enough to reach the ape hangers. Bloody typical ain't it?

See the consultant today, so hopefully I will get it sorted and get off these bloody painkillers. Feel like a zombie at the moment.

Chopper

Old 07-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe you should consider buying a second bike for those times when you need a ride but can't manage the big one..I sometimes ride one of my VT700's because they handle like a pushbike..and a quick ride takes your mind off mere pain..Yesterdays 90 mile ride was just to get a cup of tea or coffee somewhere..

John.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hopkins View Post
Maybe you should consider buying a second bike for those times when you need a ride but can't manage the big one..I sometimes ride one of my VT700's because they handle like a pushbike..and a quick ride takes your mind off mere pain..Yesterdays 90 mile ride was just to get a cup of tea or coffee somewhere..

John.
Yeah, thanks for that John.

Seen the consultant today. I have one detached muscle, one badly torn tendon and one trapped nerve. Believe me, just tucking my shirt into my jeans is a challenge and very painful.

Saw the consultant this morning and she has referred me to the surgeon. That means he should get the consultants report some time next week via internal mail. (His office is just next door). Then his department will write to me with an appointment. That should take about 3 weeks to arrive. About 6 - 8 weeks wait to see him. Once I have seen him, I will be put on the waiting list for surgery. Waiting time for such surgery is currently running at 14 - 16 months. (All of this is what the consultant told me). I almost felt sorry for her as she was telling me what the score is at the moment. By all accounts, the only way I will get seen and have the operation any quicker, is if my shoulder suddenly gets worse, as I will then be classed as an emergency.

Hopefully in about two years I will be able to use my arm again. Needless to say, I am not exactly a happy chap at the moment.

Chopper

Old 08-10-2013, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

I suprised they haven't mentioned that of course, if you go private, the same surgeon can do it this afternoon..

The caring profession..

John.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Yeah, thanks for that John.

Believe me, just tucking my shirt into my jeans is a challenge and very painful.

Chopper
up to this point i hadn't realised how posh el chopper is....
Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Oh yes, old chap. Ones temporary accommodation is the envy of all the local riff raff pikey class. They really are getting above themselves. Aspiring to buy said accommodation. Keeps ones hounds amused don't you know.

I have decided to upgrade the estate workers attire to include red dungarees with zip up pockets.

Chopper

Old 08-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Post of the year I think ....I mean chop and posh in the same sentence made me laugh that one did.

Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club Glasgow

http://www.tomccglasgow.co.uk/