100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 24-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
Is it not usually the way. an organisation starts with good intentions until people that let power go to their heads lose the plot and forget what they are supposed to be representing. think MAG has been this way for a long time. To many egos and power trips. Used to be a member, not any more
Pretty much sums it up
Old 24-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
The cops dont stalk the lines of bikes at Matlock measuring numberplates to harrass riders of cool bikes which would be spoilt by a full sized plate, they wanna find the dickheads who fir a 1" wide plate with italic or chinese-look lettering, so they can blast past a normal biker who's enjoying riding the roads at 80, at Warp Factor 10, as close as they can get away with.
Actually they have traffic wardens taking pictures of any number plate they can, 1 hour parking allowed only ..... incidently taff, where is Wally?

I'll say what I have always said about MAG, the grass roots guys mostly seem to be evangelists, albeit with good intentions, the guys at the top think they can play with the politicians (who will and can eat them alive).

The government give MAG a bone (or a regulation that they have no intention of implementing), the government have then "consulted" and done the right thing, MAG have fought the fight and won .............. everyone is a winner
Old 24-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
The government give MAG a bone (or a regulation that they have no intention of implementing)
Leg protectors anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider View Post
the government have then "consulted" and done the right thing
Let them eat cake.
Old 26-08-2013, 08:03 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:
It must be frustrating for MAG to fight for riders' rights, when pricks like these who dont give a flying fuck about other bikers, reap the odd benefit that MAG achieve.
Or the guys who choose to wear full hi-viz on their bikes, it must make an active MAG member think, What's the fucking POINT???
Spot-fucking-on. And I say that as a former committee member of my local MAG group.
Hutchy spoke out of frustration, but should have chosen his words more carefully.
Old 26-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Chatter Box

I was an active MAG member for well over 20 years but finally give up as the things i was passionate about & fought long & hard for no longer seem to matter to the higher ups within the orginisation

Taff is spot on it all seems a bit pointless now as some so called bikers seem intent on fighting us from within, a prime example seems to be permanent headlights on newer bikes partly bought about by it becoming the norm for the majority of "bikers" to ride with them on anyway despite the well published disadvantages
Old 28-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Looking in from the outside, it seems to me that most of the fighting MAG has been doing the last few months is internal.

It isn't the journey or the destination ........it's who you ride it with.
Old 30-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Half the problem with MAG is that people join because they feel they should not because they want to
If you run a MAG group as a club people will want to join but as soon as you want to put on a rally you will be told by central who you can and can't have through the gate

Back in the early 70's I and many others were outside a pub on the A20 we were approached by a little fella that was going on about rider's rights this was just after the helmet law was brought in it sounded good he was talking about meetings demo runs etc
He had membership cards on him and promised badges patches and details of meetings would follow if we joined a few of us did 3 it cost a few weeks later after hearing nothing i rang the number on the card
You know what the phone number was genuine and and so was the card but the membership was not but i could join if i sent 3 to them and the membership number would stand told them to fuck themselves and went looking for a little fella on a 350 yam

Never found the little bastard

Many years later i joined MAG and at a reps training session i was introduced to a little fella that could well have been that fucker on the A20 all those fucking year's ago i won't swear to it but it sure as fuck looked like him

His name Ian Mutch

Lad's as far as I'm concerned you should have dropped him off that bridge
Old 30-08-2013, 11:18 AM

If you run a MAG group as a club people will want to join but as soon as you want to put on a rally you will be told by central who you can and can't have through the gate

This is not true at all - we run our rally the way we want to - the only time we had conversations with MAG central regarding it was several years ago when Magna Carta rally was cancelled and they tried to suggest we should have a no backpatch rule if we wanted to get promoted in MAG news as a premier event. We said "no it's our rally and we know our local scene" and they relented. No pressure since at all and we have even had a MAG NC meeting held on our rally site
Old 30-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Well we were told no backpatch club's allowed end of we were also told we were not allowed to have a bank account if we wanted money we could borrow it from central if they decided to lend it to us

Ask yourself why have MAG lost so many long term members over the past few years
Old 30-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Chat Pimp

Default Mag.

mag here is even worse. tried to bring back my area MAg last year. was at a meeting with head office who said they had contacted a few people. turns out all the old reps were at the meeting and were taking over again.they were the reason the area folded years before. I fucked off home
Old 30-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Quote:

Most motorcyclists, i aint got nothing in common with, i wouldn't give 'em the time of day, let alone hours of my free time, they're leather-pyjama wearing dickheads, fuck 'em.
Well said Taff
Old 30-08-2013, 02:16 PM

Glad i live where i do then as we get very little hassle from central and I have been involved since about 91/2. But we have good relations and don't push ourselves at people around here so the rally has always been open to all - everyone to whom it matters knows who the local MC are and how long they have been around. Even at our rally the MAG stand is an information point (next to the helibikers stand) not an in your face recruitment effort.

As for bank account that is simple - run the rally arms length from the group - which is also the only sensible way for liabilities sake - any hassle over that and ask them if central were willing to bail out Magna Carta when it was shut down by the plod and if not why they would not want you to keep any other present MAG rally at arms length monetarily from central funds.
Old 30-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Nobody from central has told us no back patch. We have always welcomed our local (25 odd miles away) backpatch club as a few of them are ex Bury MAG, they give us a decent donation each time instead of paying on the door and we very, very rarely have any cause for concern; if any of them do get the ache over anything it's always sorted quickly and efficiently with a quick word in a friendly ear.
Old 30-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

I was actively involved with mag from the early years.

I took a back seat because of frustration, not with mag but with the filthy lieing politicians, I became so cynical that my contribution was no longer constructive.

Politics will always be part of mag and some of us will like the results and some wont.

ie Do we keep on about compulsary helmets ? or do we drop that as a lost battle and move on ?

I can understand active mag people geting fed up with shouldering more than their fair share of the burden.

IMHO we need to cut each other a bit of slack and make allowance for hasty or unwise words and fight the enemy not each other.
Old 30-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post

IMHO we need to cut each other a bit of slack and make allowance for hasty or unwise words and fight the enemy not each other.
The French
Old 30-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
The French
I'll get me bow and arrows.