100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 22-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
Am I the only one who thinks this thread should have been locked or deleted a long time ago?
Yes. ...............
Old 22-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy696969 View Post
Yes. ...............
HA HA ROFLMAO

Alfie
Old 22-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Chat Pimp

firstly this thread should of been deleted.

i will say this now and if i am proven to be wrong i will stand up and admit i was wrong.
well i have been round to the work shop today,
i spoke with brad, i had a look around and i saw evidence of the work he is doing and also the work he has turned down because he aint equiped to do it. i aint going to say what it was, i will leave that to him if he wants but to me it was a sign of openness with the potential customer and the chance of a lump of cash for him to run off with.

i was also witness to a call where brad discussed in depth the elements of his frames and what he could do and also what he couldnt and wouldnt do.

there were a other couple of bits that i will not say on here but they support my opinion of the shop is a functioning shop and there are two of them trying to make a go of it and the place aint perfect needs some work, but they both know what needs doing and are making plans to sort the issues with the building.

so my over view would be, i aint sure what has happened in the past apart from what i have read on here and others site and what brad has told me.
but i saw a man trying to make a living and by no means living the life of a man ripping people of left and right.
i saw a guy who is trying to make a livng and was open with two possible customers about the work they wanted.

if any body wants to consider using the company for work then get in touch with them or go and see them and discuss what you want and then be grown up and sensible enough to make up your own mind.

would like to add...

good luck to brad in his new venture and i hope it works out for you and ya mate.
Old 22-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Are beef and brad the same person?

Neither seem too hot on capitals and punctuation
Old 22-06-2012, 08:49 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

I do not think this thread should be locked or shut down, some stuff has been bought to light that I would deffinately want to know if I were in the markett for buying a custom frame, most notably to my mind that a company was claiming credit for work done by someone else, this casts doubt on the real builders credentials if a potential customer saw the same picture on 2 builders sites both claiming credit I for one have been to Dracken1's premisis and could clearly see it is the real deal and well established, but an internet shopper might not have this advantage.
We are all adults and can make our own minds up about who's story we belive on this, and the central charachter Brad has had his chance to plead his case; keep the thread running and he can redeem himself and his good name a little by carrying thru with and making good to dissapointed customers of his prev employer. Starting up a bussiness is always a risky venture and takes a fair leap of faith and risk of getting burnt.
Just my thoughts.
Old 22-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by droid View Post
Are beef and brad the same person?

Neither seem too hot on capitals and punctuation

In a word. no we aint.

If you want to be the grammer and spelling police feel free. and if you want me to produce further posts to gcse standard then please inform me and i will.

Last edited by beef; 22-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 22-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Been out, but rather stay in!

Wasn't criticising, just noting.
Old 22-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
firstly this thread should of been deleted.

i will say this now and if i am proven to be wrong i will stand up and admit i was wrong.
well i have been round to the work shop today,
i spoke with brad, i had a look around and i saw evidence of the work he is doing and also the work he has turned down because he aint equiped to do it. i aint going to say what it was, i will leave that to him if he wants but to me it was a sign of openness with the potential customer and the chance of a lump of cash for him to run off with.

i was also witness to a call where brad discussed in depth the elements of his frames and what he could do and also what he couldnt and wouldnt do.

there were a other couple of bits that i will not say on here but they support my opinion of the shop is a functioning shop and there are two of them trying to make a go of it and the place aint perfect needs some work, but they both know what needs doing and are making plans to sort the issues with the building.

so my over view would be, i aint sure what has happened in the past apart from what i have read on here and others site and what brad has told me.
but i saw a man trying to make a living and by no means living the life of a man ripping people of left and right.
i saw a guy who is trying to make a livng and was open with two possible customers about the work they wanted.

if any body wants to consider using the company for work then get in touch with them or go and see them and discuss what you want and then be grown up and sensible enough to make up your own mind.

would like to add...

good luck to brad in his new venture and i hope it works out for you and ya mate.
Well I wish I was closer to Brads premises coz I would like to think all the above is true...... and if it is then good luck to his new venture.
trying to start a business in this economic climate will take some doing, and a character assasination certainly would'nt help.

Just my thought which are worth exactly what you paid for them

Alfie
Old 22-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewmosse View Post
I do not think this thread should be locked or shut down, some stuff has been bought to light that I would deffinately want to know if I were in the markett for buying a custom frame, most notably to my mind that a company was claiming credit for work done by someone else, this casts doubt on the real builders credentials if a potential customer saw the same picture on 2 builders sites both claiming credit I for one have been to Dracken1's premisis and could clearly see it is the real deal and well established, but an internet shopper might not have this advantage.
We are all adults and can make our own minds up about who's story we belive on this, and the central charachter Brad has had his chance to plead his case; keep the thread running and he can redeem himself and his good name a little by carrying thru with and making good to dissapointed customers of his prev employer. Starting up a bussiness is always a risky venture and takes a fair leap of faith and risk of getting burnt.
Just my thoughts.
Another very sensible and well thought out post.

Alfie
Old 22-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Chat Slapper

Location: somewhere near manchester.......but not saying where

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFIEBEARD View Post
Well I wish I was closer to Brads premises coz I would like to think all the above is true...... and if it is then good luck to his new venture.
trying to start a business in this economic climate will take some doing, and a character assasination certainly would'nt help.

Just my thought which are worth exactly what you paid for them

Alfie
thank you alfie, you would be welcome at my workshop anytime
Old 22-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad the bastard View Post
thank you alfie, you would be welcome at my workshop anytime
Brad,
I own my own business (Electronics) and have done for the last 30yrs, I know how hard it is to build a reputation, and obviously how easy it could be to lose it.

If all the critisism in these posts on this website are untrue.....then you have been very hard done by and I reckon it should stop now.

On the other hand if it was to turn out to be true then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the offer and if I was closer and had the time I would take you up on it.

Regards

Alfie
Old 22-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Chat Slapper

yes i have made a couple of mistakes in the past, a lot of people do, i hold my hand up but what this thread started out as, ie cfe customs, i am def not to blame for that, the proof is out they, it will all come to light someday, in the meantime i just have to plod on
Old 22-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Chatter Box

Hope you're right Brad and if thats the case good luck with the venture kid.

Alfie
Old 23-06-2012, 04:58 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Ok fact.
We are Unity's main Manx frame supplier.
And then one of my customers phones me up asking me about you"AGAIN".
Shaun has just completed a Norley build using one of OUR NORLEY FRAMES.
It's for sale on ebay....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/harley-dav...item3a7607a20d

He has been contacted by yourself, With regards to building those frames. It may look like a Manx frame, but put it alongside one and there are a few differences. the tubing is .125" larger, thicker walled than our manx frames, longer, wider and deeper. Plus we use T45 and bronze welding which copes well will vibration, as some people may have noticed, Harleys and Buells do had a smattering of vibration.

As i mention elsewhere, The number of classic bike frame builders in this country are few in number. We all know each other. The reason we have only come to light in the last few years is because for 25 years we only supplied to trade and race teams.

My advice to you is...Move on to a completely different game, because i think you are fucked when it comes to this one.
Old 23-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Chatter Box

So the main problems are,

Someone else is making a frame based on the Norton one

Scambuster turns out to be the man that was ripping ppl off in the first place

Brad the Bastard 'might' be a bastard
Old 23-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Chat Slapper

FACT
I have never claimed to be anybodys supplier, nick did.
i had nothing to do with setting up any websites.
i will carry on making these frames, if people dont like it tough.
dracken, i have never built a norley frame and have no plans to do so, thats your department, infact i turned one down 2 days ago.
dracken, I am not the person people are moaning about, cfe is, was run by nick.
dracken, several people high up in this game have told me you would jump on the wagon about this cos i am competition for you, again, tough shit if you dont like it, get used to it, i have no desire to step on your toes, and also as you are competition i am also not up to slating you like you have me.
i realy have nothing more to say on this matter.
Old 23-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad the bastard View Post
FACT
I have never claimed to be anybodys supplier, nick did.
i had nothing to do with setting up any websites.
i will carry on making these frames, if people dont like it tough.
dracken, i have never built a norley frame and have no plans to do so, thats your department, infact i turned one down 2 days ago.
dracken, I am not the person people are moaning about, cfe is, was run by nick.
dracken, several people high up in this game have told me you would jump on the wagon about this cos i am competition for you, again, tough shit if you dont like it, get used to it, i have no desire to step on your toes, and also as you are competition i am also not up to slating you like you have me.
i realy have nothing more to say on this matter.

Sounds like a decent reply to what looked like a company that does'nt want competition,........
I was always taught that competition was good for business Dracken, so I would suck it and see, no need to slate anyone as it will just make you look like you are worried that Brad's frames could be well made......
Only my opinion though
Alfie
Old 23-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Chat Slapper

my workmanship and quality will speak for it's self, nuff said.
Old 24-06-2012, 07:15 PM

I am not slating anyone. When i get calls asking if Brad works for me, then i have to consider they mean someone actually called Brad, not someone called Nick.

Do i consider you competition? No i do not. Most of our business is still trade and those are returning customers. Someone called in at Unity's introduced themselves as Brad and also made a point of mentioning the competition thing.

If that is not you they are referring to, then someone out there is going out of their way to discredit you.

I am told by people i do know that you are a very competent welder. i do not agree with some of your fabrication methods however. Which brings me around to the Manx frame in general. By modern excepted fabrication rules the frame should not work, such as brackets fitted to the centreline radius, large radius bends, that apparent weak spot were the upper tubes cross over the front down tubes, plus a few other things, but the frame does work. What really puts a strain on a frame is mainly the large modern front brake sytems used these days combined with sticky rubber, which put a large amount of strain on a frame in heavy braking. our Manx lookalike Norley frame was 2.5 years from an idea to the first saleable frame.That time taken up with stress analysis and destroying a lot of very expensive T45 tubing.
I don't fear competition itself (as stated by Alfie beard). i fear the competition not knowing what they are doing and someone getting killed because of it. ..
Old 24-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Chat Slapper

it was nick who went to unity, i dont even know where they are
Old 24-06-2012, 07:33 PM

Todmorden. Which may or may not be there now after the floods.

i am in Manchester,Oldham, Bolton, Blackburn and Bradford every week. i would be happy to call in to meet you. even answer any queries you may or may not have concerning the Manx frames. You, Nick or whoever else there maybe have to the best of my knowledge not actually done me any harm.
Old 24-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Chat Slapper

dracken i will ring you tomorrow, you are welcome at my place anytime you want, no problem
Old 26-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Jedi Chat Master

whent over to manchster today and dropt in at brads place for a tube sorting out .he did a great job thanks brad
Old 26-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Chat Slapper

ya welcome bud
Old 24-08-2013, 09:33 AM
Chatter Box

an old thread i know, but has been posted to me several times lately and linked on another forum... so just to add

he's still at it! now he's fcc customs
i paid him to do some work to a frame of mine ... he did mention something about a thread on here after i had the work done - luckily the work was done and credit where its due, it was done well
so then i expected he could (seing as though he also does classic bike stuff) be trusted to make a girder front end.
it took 7 months lots of lies and excuses and despite me sending clear diagrams and measurements AND him having the bike sat in front of him for 2 of those months, he returned something completely different, to his own design NOT MINE, it was offset way too much, the trail was into negative figures, and not just a little either, the top yoke was barely held on by three threads ofa bolt and the forks were 60mm too short it was down right dangerous and unuseable
he promised to put the work right then ignored me
i even said to him i was willing to sort the yokes myself if he would make the legs the correct length i would forgett the whole ordeal.

he seems to be able to talk the talk and take you in with all that, it wasnt me bullshit. i guess you make your own mind up, but felt that the general verdict on the outcome of this thread was that he was a decent guy... and yeah he comes across as that, ..... at first!
Old 24-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Chat Slapper

It doesn't matter where you go - this seems to happen again and again.

As someone who likes diversity (not the dancing clowns, I mean the type of person that'll occasionally have ginger nuts with tea instead digestives 'just to liven things up a bit') I'm on a few different forums - motorsport, haulage, arrse and lesbian chat - and there's ALWAYS a thread that reads like a BBC soap opera.

You get half-way through page two and you start thinking 'hold up, I bet that's Doris again, with a new account, pretending to be Cindy, trying to curry favour with the regulars by adopting a holier-than-thou,-let's-give-the-poor-girl-a-break personality'. Often, the devious basterds will go off and comment on other random threads before turning their alter-ego on the matter in question, just to give it some authenticity. Clever!

Anyway, I had nothing sensible to add to the thread - other than that I feel for those that got ripped off (a painful life lesson in trust and leverage) - I just wanted to be part of the drama.
Old 29-08-2013, 01:56 PM

This sort of thing happened to me some years ago with Dave Ramsey of "Bull Trikes" in Leven in Scotland, where I lost 5 grand.
Old 29-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingo View Post
This sort of thing happened to me some years ago with Dave Ramsey of "Bull Trikes" in Leven in Scotland, where I lost 5 grand.
Ouch................
Old 29-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardShoulderShoe View Post

Anyway, I had nothing sensible to add to the thread - I just wanted to be part of the drama.
nice

made i larf that did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4idrHvP4ok

for all the continuing sources of inspiration in the world...
Old 29-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Chat Slapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickturate View Post
nice

made i larf that did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4idrHvP4ok

for all the continuing sources of inspiration in the world...
On Wednesday evenings, I can be found in the queue for the local soup kitchen. I don't even like soup.