100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 19-06-2013, 10:46 AM
Chatter Box

tysm.......
Old 20-06-2013, 09:21 AM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

A bit late on this one, but I have done Europe a couple of times. On the last trip I broke down in Alicante - we were circumnavigating Spain - I was covered by breakdown direct. (http://www.breakdowndirect.co.uk/) and they gave me a hire car for the rest of the trip, gave me another hire car to get me from the ferry to my home. recovered the bike back to a repair centre of my choice all for the princely sum of 25.00.

Best money I ever spent. I cannot recommend these highly enough.
Old 20-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

Was that 25 for single trip cover?
Or for annual multi trip cover?

The ADAC is annual multi trip cover (for any vehicle) Europe wide (inc the UK)

Last edited by Peirre; 20-06-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 20-06-2013, 09:45 AM

Single trip, cost varies on the length of the trip, that was full rescue and recovery for up to 21 days.
Old 20-06-2013, 01:50 PM

Location: Madam trixy`s house of ill-repute somewhere on the outskirts of doncaster

The 25 price sounds reasonable IF your only doing 1 trip across Europe per year.

I also have carol Nash's free breakdown cover as part of my bike insurance.
But after previous experience using cheap/free euro cover. The T's&C's hidden in those suddenly don't make them look so attractive. IE: if it can be fixed locally it must be, & paid for by yours truely. I know, my wallet was lighter by €700+ last year.
Old 20-06-2013, 03:29 PM

Ouch!

As I say I was impressed to hell by breakdown direct, they really looked after me well, they even offered to fly me home after the last destination, however, I had already paid the ferry fare and they were giving me a car on the other side too.

So I ended up not having to abandon my travelling buddy.
Old 22-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Chatter Box

ADAC sounds good, I've looked at their website but my german is pretty much non-existent so a question - does anyone know if their single plus membership includes a pillion passenger too? They have english speakers but I'd like to know what cover I need before I ring them up, just in case. Cheers guys!
Old 23-07-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratwing View Post
ADAC sounds good, I've looked at their website but my german is pretty much non-existent so a question - does anyone know if their single plus membership includes a pillion passenger too? They have english speakers but I'd like to know what cover I need before I ring them up, just in case. Cheers guys!
I guess the answer to your question is ............ is the pillion your spouse or your best mate?
If the pillion is your mate, then the choice is yours as to whether your mate sorts their own travel insurance.
Babelfish or bing translator will allow you to translate the ADAC webpages, or as Mick did, try ringing the lovely English speaking lady and she`ll no doubt answer your questions, and setup your membership if you choose to take it out

Edit:
A little more research into the subject of ADAC cover, I have found out that the Partner Plus Package for €98.70 isn`t designed to add your spouse to the policy as initially thought, it is in fact to add personnel travel insurance to the ADAC cover using a "partner" company

Last edited by Peirre; 26-08-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 24-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Chatter Box

Ta Pierre, I'll give them a call and see whats what.
Old 26-07-2013, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratwing View Post
Ta Pierre, I'll give them a call and see whats what.
No worries, sometimes there's no easy 1 fits all answer as everyone's situation is different. Hope your travels are enjoyable
Old 30-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Chatter Box

What a palaver! Eventually after trying various numbers the phone was answered, the chap who spoke very good english passed me on to a lady who's english wasn't so good (but a dam' sight better than my german) so I'm still not entirely sure what the differences between single plus and partner plus cover are, however single plus covers passengers too so thats what I'm going for.
I couldn't join and pay over the phone so going to e-mail Pierre's form.
It hasn't been the easiest way to get covered but worth it I reckon - I've been looking at various motorhome & caravan forums and pretty much everyone who's used them for repairs, repatriation, recovery etc have only good things to say about them