100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-05-2013, 05:34 PM
bsa-m20 bsa-m20 is offline
Chat Virgin
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brighton
Posts: 6
Smile Greetings


I'm older than I wish I was. I still feel 17. I remember being taught about the 'new money' ... but on the bright side my hubby is older than me so at least I can laugh at him when I'm feeling old .

My wonderful BSA M20 - Bessie - is off the road and has been for a few years I'm afraid to say. I feel guilty at not having a bona fide Bike on the road other than one with peddles, a bell, a basket and lots of things to make it look good. I had hoped to get Bessie back on for 2013, but other things (garden, building a summer house, work, more work) all got in the way.

Hubby and I have owned Bessie since 1979, though he previously owned her in 1977. He bought her of Fred Beaumont in Kidderminster, but he swapped her for a Triumph with an idiot. Fortunately we got her back. I sold my Honda CD175 to pay for 75% of Bessie. Hubby paid the other 25%. In money that means I paid 150 and he paid 50 to make the 200 asked (those were the days eh?)

I hadn't passed my test so we fitted a sidecar. When I was expecting my son we bought a bigger sidecar :-)

The 25% hubby owns does move around so he usually owns the part that needs fixing. Though I have (many times - often at the side of the road) s spannered her and intend to carry on with that. As she is a single cylinder side-valve there isn't much to go wrong. But I don't 'do' gearboxes.

On the bright side the summerhouse will be ideal for a winter rebuild so Bessie can hit the road in 2014, because the brother-in-law who was entrusted with getting her mag-dyno rewound and lost it (somewhere in his house : is getting us a replacement - woohoo The photo of Bessie is without her tank as we were fitting a M21 Engine to get those valuable 100 extra cc's!

We did own a full-power V Max which we imported from Japan many moons ago (around 2000). Sadly the move to Brighton forced the sale of it :-( "Mr. Max" was the most fun you can have with your clothes on! And when the power boosters kicked in then it was ...
Attached Images
Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 05:46 PM
wiskers wiskers is offline
Jedi Chat Master
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Caerphilly
Posts: 696

That'll teach me i saw your other posts first and thought i knew you

Never mind welcome anyway Dai
Dyslexic Dai
Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2013, 09:00 PM
bsa-m20 bsa-m20 is offline
Chat Virgin
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brighton
Posts: 6

Thanks Dai xx
Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 06:16 AM
Friar Tuck's Avatar
Friar Tuck Friar Tuck is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brothertoft, Lincolngrad!
Posts: 12,655

Greetins frum Naarfuck!

I just bought my old Fazer Back and just spent a shit load of dosh getting him properly road worthy! Now its been bloody raining since!
Does my belly look big in this?
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.