100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > New Member Introductions

Notices

Old 13-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Chat Virgin

Default Hi from Essex

Hi big hello to everyone , I'm jason from Essex. Ride a gsxr 1100 streetfighter that I've built over many years, not a crashed and take the fairing off and call it a streetfighter !! Am in need of some help?
Am looking at a H-D fxr but is on a q-plate, has not been a insurance loss etc. have contacted hd uk and there's a number missing on headstock so only 16 digits not 17, so they can't issue a yr to get dvla to replate. Have had a look for a frame with v5 but silly money. Have had a look on eBay from USA and can get cheap, but shipping is far more than frame. Have thought about having head stock cut from frame and sent. Now would be possible to grind and re stamp frame or weld in headstock, all input appreciated. Sorry to put all in one posting
Cheers jason
Old 14-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Greetins frum Naarfuck!

Can't help you there matey, but I'm sure there are some folks on here that can.

Ilford huh? I was dragged up in Romford! I remeber the heady days of "Saturday Night Fever" and nights down the "Ilford Palias" on the High Road, and "Room At The Top Club" a little further up! But then I got my first real bike (Honda 400/4 Harrier!) and never looked back!
Old 14-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjase View Post
Hi big hello to everyone , I'm jason from Essex. Ride a gsxr 1100 streetfighter that I've built over many years, not a crashed and take the fairing off and call it a streetfighter !! Am in need of some help?
Am looking at a H-D fxr but is on a q-plate, has not been a insurance loss etc. have contacted hd uk and there's a number missing on headstock so only 16 digits not 17, so they can't issue a yr to get dvla to replate. Have had a look for a frame with v5 but silly money. Have had a look on eBay from USA and can get cheap, but shipping is far more than frame. Have thought about having head stock cut from frame and sent. Now would be possible to grind and re stamp frame or weld in headstock, all input appreciated. Sorry to put all in one posting
Cheers jason
Welcome to the forum..

This is one you should walk away from..first the digit missing from the number means that someone probably stole the bike in the first place and changed the number, or it is not a HD frame in which case the price has to drop and the frame manufacturer located..

second cutting the headstock off an HD frame in the US and having it shipped over will be aiding and abetting and stupid because if you are thinking of going that route, why not just have the number shipped over..

John.
Old 14-09-2012, 04:14 PM
Chat Virgin

Hi friar tuck, only decent place to drink round here now is cauliflower, has live bands fri an sat nights. Orig from deep Dorset in the country and hopefully headin back in a couple of yrs. Hi John , have spoke with dvla today and if owners club agree age they will remove q-plate, the bike was registered with them in 1992 and if was a stolen bike would have been ceased. Reason to ship headset is to stop frame been reused plus the shipping and import tax would be on a frame not headset needed to register. Am against bike theft and not trying to register a stolen bike, the bike is registered along with complete engine ID for eleven yrs.
Old 17-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

The Cauliflower? Vaguely rings bells.
Old 19-09-2012, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

wozzat got to do with the cauliflower???
Old 20-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjase View Post
Hi friar tuck, only decent place to drink round here now is cauliflower, has live bands fri an sat nights. Orig from deep Dorset in the country and hopefully headin back in a couple of yrs. Hi John , have spoke with dvla today and if owners club agree age they will remove q-plate, the bike was registered with them in 1992 and if was a stolen bike would have been ceased. Reason to ship headset is to stop frame been reused plus the shipping and import tax would be on a frame not headset needed to register. Am against bike theft and not trying to register a stolen bike, the bike is registered along with complete engine ID for eleven yrs.
How can DVLA say that the frame was registered with them (presumably on the 'Q') in 1992 if it's only got 16 characters on the VIN?? I thought they issue the number?? And how can they say they know that they registered it in '92 if the number is wrong, surely their computer wouldn't recognise a 'wrong' number?? I'd be inclined to call them back and try again, keep it on the 'Q'. It's always possible that the guy who stamped the number on missed out a digit, being serious here guys , I nearly fucked up the number on a slabsided Gixer once
Old 20-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinnertimedave View Post
How can DVLA say that the frame was registered with them (presumably on the 'Q') in 1992 if it's only got 16 characters on the VIN?? I thought they issue the number?? And how can they say they know that they registered it in '92 if the number is wrong, surely their computer wouldn't recognise a 'wrong' number?? I'd be inclined to call them back and try again, keep it on the 'Q'. It's always possible that the guy who stamped the number on missed out a digit, being serious here guys , I nearly fucked up the number on a slabsided Gixer once
The manufacturer normally creates the VIN and although 17 digits is the international standard it is not rigidly enforced. The Japenese don't give their home market vehicles 17 digits. Yet these vehicles can be "grey" imported to europe.

If it was registered in 93 but without proof of a manufacture date that would give it a Q plate but registered in 93 if you see what I mean.

Many manufacturers get vINs wrong or in the case of Renault and Peugeot forget it entirely (the police are aware)

The problem here is that HD can't date the frame from their records because of the faulty VIN.

Altering a VIN is likely to make it look like a ringer with all the shit that could bring.
Old 21-09-2012, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

That stupid spamming fucker is back again!
Old 27-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Chat Slut

Hello & Welcome.

Cauliflower and Spam?(sounds vile).....Your'e not..... 'expecting' are you Tuck?
Old 28-09-2012, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Erm! I don't think so! It would be the immaculate conception if I was!

There's been some stupid f**ker from some website somewhere posting spam messages about summat or other! Just it gets annoying now and again!