100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > The Showroom

Notices

Old 30-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Chatter Box

gonna tidy this one up a bit now - bought this seat - however if it turns up will be amazing - paid 2 weeks ago via ebay - the guy had to accept my paypal but then heard nothing after no response to messages so beginning to think hes ripped me off

got a zr7 tank - it looks beafier and doesnt have the fairing recess's and boltholes in the tank

will lower the subframe slightly too - spray the frame silver - red paintwork on the tank and seat with whiite smoke and flames airbrushed over the top
Old 20-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Chatter Box

the guy on ebay absolutely ripped me off - he had his paypal set up so that he had to accept payment - he accepted payment then a week passed no word - sent various messages no replies waited till i could open a case - opened a case - no response had to get my money back through paypal.
thieving scroat

got this seat from a forum

Old 21-12-2011, 06:12 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Awesome!!!

Me like!!!
www.youtube.com/Gothtecdotcom
------------------------
Old 04-01-2012, 01:36 AM
Chatter Box

currently sits like this, not a lot of change just yet

on the list of to do is sort all the wiring out properley, the horn has stopped working, not sure if thats the horn or the switch yet, the "pass" button no longer works (new switchgear) but not sure thats even needed so may just blank the switch off. theres a couple Ill looking repairs in the loom that ill remove and repair properley then cut to new appropriate lengths and secure neatly to the frame.
The exhaust has come off. The heat wrap looks good but its no good if you run a bike all year. great if you keep it dry but as you'd expect a wet cloth wrapped around steal will only help corrosion. the mild steal link pipe was shot - even had a hole rusted in. the headers are stainless. Ive another set of stainless headers in the shed - theyre both motad systems - trouble is the nexxus cans are pants. and the way they made this set up is so that the 4 into 2 into 1 is all seperate - whereas on other models the 4-2-1 part is all in the headers and the link pipe is a single pipe - on this cylinders 1 and 2 are joined 3 and 4 are joined leaving 2 exits at the sump but rather than weld the two into 1 they left it and put that part on the link pipe ( im not even sure im following this myself anymore) but basically it means im gonna have to cut out the link pipe to weld another pipe on and i have bought this z1000 can to weld on to that - if that makes any sense at all

the other problem i was having riding in brittish weathers last year was our love affair with rain. the standard airbox on these bikes is a large box that goes through to the subframe area and has a foam filter inside with two small intake tubes with 2 more foam filters in, on a standard set up this is protected from the elements as the subframe sits so low down and is hidden by the mudguard, as i re-designed the subframe, this was left open, so in the rain, water was flicked up off the wheel and into the airbox. not good - to prevent this, this year i will fit a hugger, i was looking and most modern bikes seem to have a small hugger fitted, i wanted something that will wrap up over the wheel and ensure no water is going to get flicked in that box as it caused all sorts of problems. i found this ducati st2 one would do the job nicely

the other problem is i have a small leak in the tank now
it will need sealing but im unsure what sealer to get - most have recommended por 15 but ive also heard a lot of stories about this stuff not bonding with the tank and coming away when the petrol is introduced leaving a floating mess in there ready to block my lines? anybody recommend a good sealer that they have used with good results
Old 04-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Chat Pimp

I've used petseal in the past and that stuff peels away, I'm one of those that prefer POR 15 as well.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:11 PM
Chatter Box

what sort of preperation on it? I know por 15 do the complete kit with tank cleaners etc - is it enough to wash out with warm water - then a detergent like fairy liquid - then warm water again, that should remove all the oil traces

obv a few nuts n bolts in before the wash to shake all the rest of the rust out
Old 04-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Chat Pimp

Rinsing it out like that should be fine, although I dont use nuts and bolts cos sometimes they are a pita to get out past the lip of the filler cap
Old 06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Chat Slut

I used to have a Z1000 with those pipes, they are really heavy and sounded too quiet for me. I loved the style but not the sound so invested in the Laser ones which look similar. Once I bought them I found out you could simply take the ends off and knock all the baffles out and then they make a cracking sound.

So you might want to look into that, I know you are doing this on a budget but I'm impressed with what you make out of what you have.

These where the pipes I got though

Old 06-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Chatter Box

yeah it is quite heavy the zorst, but i liked the look of them when i first saw them, i was looking on google about modding the pipe.
it arrived today so have got together all my parts to put together a system

the downpipes are off a nexxus system

quick scrub - before and after

the small link is from the original endcan, ive had to chop this part out because of the stupid original setup, and ive a piece of stainless tubing from an old stainless powerflow car exhaust, it should all go together pretty good

sorting the wiring out most the night, had the bike a while but whilst its off the road, its one of them jobs that may as well be done, last owner must've been a serial bodger jusdging by state of it

nice an tidy now though, whiped cam cover off and stripped and painted it too
Old 08-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Chatter Box

Old 09-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Chat Slapper

The new bits looks great on her, what about the paint? i loved the matt black + war plane style graphics on the old bodywork
Old 11-01-2012, 03:10 AM
Chatter Box

nothing fancy really just plain red is what im thinking. I just wanna get it back on the road at the moment. I'm turning into one of them cunts on 4 wheels filled with rage
4 wheels move the body 2 wheels the soul an all that

ive a mate that does a bit of airbrushing, Im thinking of putting the red down and getting it back on the road, then when I'm ready and have had some use of her again. I might get him to airbrush on some flames and skulls in black and white's then go over it all in a red laquer. hard to describe without a pic

found a pic kind of what i mean
Old 11-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Chat Slapper

:O why not the awesome matt black fighter plane style? I'm going to steal your first paintjob idea when i find something to make into a ratty fighter thing
Old 11-01-2012, 05:06 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourSocks View Post
:O why not the awesome matt black fighter plane style? I'm going to steal your first paintjob idea when i find something to make into a ratty fighter thing
nah, trying to tidy it up and move away from the ratty side of things
Old 27-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Chatter Box

bollox to the red - you cant beat black

Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbike-r View Post
had to change the headlamp, bulbs kept blowing on t'other - i think the spotlights i had were pulling too much, changed them twice then they just got so hot they melted the casing, got this round headlight from an old cb250, I think it looks better and i can actually see where i'm going with it cos its a halogen none aftermarket job. put me some luggage on too, saves me taking backpack to work.
I do like your bike