100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 22-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Lucky Wombling Bastard except when he's not Wombling, when he's just a Lucky Bastard

Send a message via AIM to devon-tony
Default reliant V5's

Hi all, I know the basics and Im one of those that hates to see the use of them on trikes

however I just seen something I never seen before

I know of a trike for sale, and my first port of call to check was the V5c, its possibly for my wife, just get her on the road a bit quicker while I build and MSVA hers

it says reliant, BUT also underneath says highly modified

???
Old 22-02-2012, 05:52 PM
Chat Pimp

my mates q plate says reliant but made from spare parts and is good to go if you get the relavant numbers the dvla will tell you what it is number plate and v5 reference number i done it with my old one after i had bought it although i bought it on the off chance with it saying body type trike tax class trike i knew in my own head it had to be sva'd the dvla said this vehicle should still be as it come out the reliant factory and was not subject to any previous right offs hope this helps
Old 22-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by devon-tony View Post
Hi all, I know the basics and Im one of those that hates to see the use of them on trikes

however I just seen something I never seen before

I know of a trike for sale, and my first port of call to check was the V5c, its possibly for my wife, just get her on the road a bit quicker while I build and MSVA hers

it says reliant, BUT also underneath says highly modified

???
Yes Tony, It's probably a sign that someone did the paperwork correctly before the MSVA came out. No problem, that trike will be paperwork legal. It could even have been MSVA'd in the very early days of that system but that would usually be noted on the V5/3 .The registration document also does not show a specific Reliant body type and may even have it listed as 'unbodied'.

I have seen comments such as ' Built from modified parts' . Highly Modified' and 'this vehicle has been modified from original specification' on Pre 2003 trikes. There appears to be no consistency to the wording , depended on who inspected it at the time.
Whoever applied for the inspection had the choice of whether to rename the maker and create a model designation but many didn't bother even after the MSVA was implimented. Depending on the Whim of the inspector at the time, some kept their old reg. number and some were given 'Q' plates. All perfectly paperwork legal and the trike doesn't have to retain any trace of Reliant parts.

This was discussed on here in a thread about VOSA late last year, but I can't find it now

Last edited by happybiker; 22-02-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added a bit
Old 23-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

If it helps the wording on my gpz900r bitsa says "this vehicle is made from spare parts some or all of which were not new" and just lists Kawasaki and make and 900 as model.

That is why I think it is prob worth as much for it's V5 as it mechanics, especially as it has a Y plate so comes in pre a load of the changes in rules on things like indicators