Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Biker Chat

Notices

Old 13-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Default For those with kiddies near to licence age

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...ime-confirmed/
Old 13-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Arse. More riders trained to pass more tests at extra expense. Another load of bullshit from the DSA and EU.
Old 14-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Chat Slut

Default Mcn

MCN = More Crap News
Old 14-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Need to Get out More!

Are they going to apply the same criteria to young car drivers...?? Lots of young heads racing about in high powered cars !!!..I won't hold my breath.
Old 14-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Send a message via MSN to Creature

Now if they implimented that to cover teh backed bean cans the kiddies drive today - would be worth it !
Old 15-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Need to Get out More!

what a load of shit! as said before why motorcycles and not cars! i personally think a young rider on a superbike is less of a hazard than a young driver in a 1 litre corsa with 3 of his mates egging him on or young girlies in the back he's trying to impress! not to mention any car of any power/size can do more damage to other road users than any could. just another case of interfering busibodies making up rules for fun
Old 15-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

One of the bad things about this is that they haven't thought about the logistics..If they are going to carry out all these extra tests they are going to have to build a lot more testing centres and employ a lot more testers, the wait for a test at the moment is far too long for a working man who cant get to his job without his own transport, I defy anyone to show me a small town that can get a man to a factory 20 miles away for shift work using public transport..

John
Old 15-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

This latest bullshit just proves that the politicians and pen pushers do NOT listen to anything other than thier equally blind supporters.

I agree that young bike riders need someone to teach them how to ride to an acceptable standard. Having officially recognised and trained instructors should ensure minimum standards. That unfortunately is where the common sense ends and the officials step in. The political zest to over regulate EVERYTHING in life is like a cancer that creates alien life forms. Yet NOT ONE of these political fuckwits has the common sense to look at the official figures to see how many bike related RTA's, injuries and deaths are caused by the riders themselves. I read somewhere that something in the order of 85% of bike/vehicle accidents are caused by the vehicle driver and NOT the rider.

Work with me on this. If the majority of bike/vehicle accidents are caused by the vehicle driver, then it would make sense to take a very serious look at the vehicle drivers' training and driver skills. Definately impose strict limitations on young drivers choice of vehicle.

As bikers, most of us like to customise our bikes in some way, from mild to wild. We all know that if we have a bike that is "Customised", we need to inform the insurance company, or face the possibility of not being covered in the event of accident, theft or fire. How many kids do we all see every day driving sack of shit cars that have the almost obligitary big bore exhaust, tinted windows, boom boxes, lowered suspension, body kits? Has any "Official" ever bothered to check how many of these young drivers have informed thier insurance company that they have "Modified" thier cars. These modifications are usually home/backstreet jobs and done by people that have no idea of what they are doing or the effect thier modifications will have.

At age 17 a youngster can take and pass a relatively simple theory test and then a short road driving test. Once done he can drive absolutely any vehicle he/she/daddy can afford to buy and hopefully insure. To me that is a superb recipe for serious trouble.

We bikers that have ridden for many years, all know that there is a massive difference to riding what we first started out on and what we ride now. We are also very aware of changing road and traffic conditions. From riding a 50cc moped to riding my 1850cc race engined chop is a massive leap in performance, handling, braking and tyres. Just the physical aspects alone are both ends of the scale. The huge increase in traffic since I started riding is amazing. We all notice these things because we have to physically control our bikes.

Apply the same progression to someone that has never ridden a bike, but took and passed a car test at 17. Supposing they have had the same driving experience as I have had riding experience. They may well not have had PAS, but they certainly had servo assisted brakes. Have they noticed any changes to road conditions? The amount of traffc on the roads? Or any other driving/riding issue? Most likely NOT simply because they are coccooned in a metal bubble.

I have seen folk come off a bike at 30mph and die. I have seen others come off at 60mph and be very seriously injured. I myself have come off a bike at speeds far in excess of legally imposed speed limits and walked/limped away virtually unscathed. It is in many cases the luck of the draw when coming off a bike. One thing is certain though. Coming off a bike at any speed stacks the odds in great favour of you being injured or killed.

If drivers were to take an honest look at thier vehicle driving history, how many can honestly say that they have not dented their own or other vehicles? Each of those dents are minor inconveniences and costs to them, but the same incident to a bike rider can and has been fatal to a bike rider.

So I am biased in favour of bikes and very happy to be so. Yet I can look at the big picture and see why it is important for bike riders to be taught properly and also the even more important need for car drivers to face even tougher restrictions and training/testing requirements.

SO WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT TAKE? TO MAKE ALL THE ASSHOLE, BLIND, IGNORANT AND DOWNRIGHT FUCKING STUPID POLITICIANS TO SEE THE SAME PICTURE?

Chopper

WELCOME TO GREAT BRITAIN.
WE ARE FULL UP, SO FUCK OFF.
Old 15-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Chat Slut

Anyone wanting to drive anything should have to do one year on a moped with a tachograph and a set minimum mileage.

That would save more bikers lives than any dayglo shit etc ever will.
Old 15-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Chat Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc Nasty View Post
Anyone wanting to drive anything should have to do one year on a moped with a tachograph and a set minimum mileage.

That would save more bikers lives than any dayglo shit etc ever will.
Couldn't agree more with you.
Old 15-01-2012, 07:27 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Send a message via MSN to excalibur

To those who want a similar law for car drivers, this is possible. What you need to find is a friendly MP who is willing to table a private members bill. The law was changed by a private members bill on who could supervise a learner driver a few years back.

I have no idea how these things happen or how many private members bills are allowed each year but if someone more in the know could find an MP who was prepared to stick their neck out it might level the playing field a bit
Old 15-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

The Driving Standards Agency like all governmant departments are trying to flog off anything the own. Yup all those lovely off road test areas.

An early sugestion for a replacement test area was supermarket carparks.
Once the hysterical laughter died down and school playgrounds sacastically mentioned as an alternative, it was decided to look at other ways of testing with no premises.

The latest idea is for the examiner to meet the candidate in a layby. This will mean nowhere to carry out reversing exercises for artics.........So they may get the driving instructor to sign a declaration that the pupil can reverse.

So while the bike test gets harder everything else gets easier to save money.

Good innit.
Old 16-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

When i did my part one test it was the netball courts of Ifield community college so don't see why School playgrounds can't be used. Also as most are now painted with some road markings for play/cycling proficiancy they could easily be used for CBT allowing the cost to be dropped.