It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Default gives us all a bad name

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-5-years.html
Old 23-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

One word for him, BELLEND.
Old 23-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Whoa...The helecopter photo's show him with his child on the front of the bike with him..they don't show him doing anything dangerous..he may have been told if he admitted all the offences and kept quiet in court he would get off lightly, the photo of him looking up at the helicopter doesn't show his child so the photo's were not all taken at the same time, otherwise why have the police cropped the date and time stamp..how many of us have sat our kids on our bikes..Don't be too quick to believe everything that comes out of a solicitors or policemans mouth, sometimes they are economical with the facts.

I'm not saying the man is the brain of Britain, just saying there may be more to the story.

John.

Last edited by John Hopkins; 23-11-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 23-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Daily Mail Sensationalism at it's best

They have concentrated on the motorcycle offences, and hardly mention of the possession of a sawn off shotgun, that he fired the shotgun at someone else's window and was charged with a long list of other crimes.
They weren't caught on video so presumably they don't merit much of a mention and it makes it seem he got the sentence just for the kiddie on the tank offence.
Old 23-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Chat Pimp

As said above, It's the daily mail, guaranteed to be over sensationalised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEAS7U_mVt8
Old 24-11-2011, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Whatever!

The plonker is a bloody dipstick, shouldn't have had his kid on the highway without a helmet!

Bloody good job they locked him up imho!
Old 24-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Well what a child abusing bastard.
I bet he lets him go sledging without adult supervision as well, and kick a football in the street without the appropriate health and safety equipment.
Jeeezus who are you lot, the H&S police? I bet the kid had the time of his life, and didn't want to get off. So where was the police helicopter when Stez had 12,000 worth of Harley nicked from his garage, and foned em and said Look, he's heading up towards the A1, i can hear him gunning it as i speak, send a car now and you'll get him. Busy. As were all the cars. But thank GOD they caught this scourge to society.
So a neighbour said None of us could quite believe it when we heard what Ryan did. You would think he would be a bit more responsible when it comes to taking his lad out on a motorbike. A fine and time served press trick of using two quotes, possibly unrelated, possibly an hour apart, but stick em together and the neighbour said exactly what they wanted him to say.

So the Mail tells us that;
Ward, of Blackley, was jailed after he admitted dangerous driving, cruelty to a child under 16, driving while disqualified and an unrelated firearms offence.

And the Bolton News tells us that;
Ward, aged 23, of Hilldale Avenue, Blackley, was jailed for five years and four months after pleading guilty to possession of a firearm with intent to cause alarm, harassment or distress and riding an offroad motorbike with his son sitting on the petrol tank.

So is he a dangerous gun toting thug, (who, by the way, also rode a bike with his son on the tank), or is he a terrible dad who put his son's life at risk (who, by the way, also pokes sawn-off shotgun up the snout of people he dont like)...?
Depends which report you read, and what the paper wants to concentrate on at the time.

Last edited by Taff; 24-11-2011 at 09:15 AM.
Old 24-11-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post

The plonker is a bloody dipstick, shouldn't have had his kid on the highway without a helmet!
my my, arn't memories short these days.

oh, and they're called 'roads', not 'highways'.
Old 24-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post

So the Mail tells us that;
Ward, of Blackley, was jailed after he admitted dangerous driving, cruelty to a child under 16, driving while disqualified and an unrelated firearms offence.

And the Bolton News tells us that;
Ward, aged 23, of Hilldale Avenue, Blackley, was jailed for five years and four months after pleading guilty to possession of a firearm with intent to cause alarm, harassment or distress and riding an offroad motorbike with his son sitting on the petrol tank.
Exactly. Taking a kid on a motorbike without a helmet is something I suspect we've all done at some point, perhaps not the extent he did, but ...

The fact that he got locked up was 'cos he was a bad 'un with a gun, not 'cos he took his kid for a ride on a motorbike.
Old 24-11-2011, 09:39 AM

4 months for dangerous driving, cruelty to a child under 16 and driving while disqualified, and 5 years for the firearms offence. sounds about right.
Old 24-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Techno Guru! He's Good! He Knows Everyfink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik View Post
Exactly. Taking a kid on a motorbike without a helmet is something I suspect we've all done at some point, perhaps not the extent he did, but ...
:
Errmm Busted.