100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 25-09-2011, 05:22 PM
Chat Slapper

Default Protest Run Tyneside

Was on the protest run today from Washington Services up the A1 northbound, must have been 500 bikes in attendence, no mention on any news channels, but the Gay Pride march in Sunderland gets 10 minutes of airtime on local news, I smell a rat, has there been a deliberate news blackout on these runs?
Old 25-09-2011, 05:35 PM
It's about time I shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavie View Post
the Gay Pride march in Sunderland gets 10 minutes of airtime on local news, I smell a rat, has there been a deliberate news blackout on these runs?
of course.
most media types are gay.
most people don't want to see dirty, noisy bikers on their tv's, they want to see 'beautiful people'. it's not news-worthy.
it's all about the ratings.....
Old 25-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Chat Virgin

The Norwich run - approx. 1000 strong - was top story on the local BBC news at about 5.30 . Local ITV news didn't mention it, but did have a story about 100 people walking to be healthy!
Old 25-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Good day at washington .............the police even had a helicopter and a man to get us off the road when theyed had enuff
Old 25-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

No rat
We couldn't get coverage of 500+ bikes on a Easter Egg run and we went past their front door.
Face it,without money to pay for coverage or people in the know with the contacts the odd of getting a great deal of coverage is low.
Old 25-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

As it is a political protest, no matter how mild, the coverage will be restricted to a bare minimum..most of the footage will either go into archive or be passed to the police for evidence if they need some more fines for traffic offences..With the lanes blocked there was plenty of undertaking..or should we say filtering..

John
Old 26-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Jedi Chat Master

Tyne Tees telly van was at Washington. Nowt on news yesterday but I've got me fingers crossed they were saving it for tonight?
Old 26-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Type like a Twat Me...

Quote:
Was on the protest run today from Washington Services up the A1 northbound, must have been 500 bikes in attendence, no mention on any news channels, but the Gay Pride march in Sunderland gets 10 minutes of airtime on local news, I smell a rat, has there been a deliberate news blackout on these runs?
The media only care about ratings and they certainly don't care about us!!

I hope MAG and FEM will use the films and videos of the mass demonstrations across the UK to lobby the MEP's into voting against these proposed laws.

Some idiot signed away the UK's rights and handed them to the Commission for 'European Harmony and Standardisation'.
I certainly don't think our effort was wasted just because the gutter press ignored it, and I would be interested to hear about similar any demonstrations in other EU countries - they are going to be shafted as well.
I would have been nice for it to have been covered by the press and other media, but I certainly wasn't holding my breath.
Old 26-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Well, the East Midlands bit has some coverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15054139
Old 26-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Need to Get out More!

Default crap

Quote:
could be did you know that the forces gave all the gays in the forces travel warrents & spending money to go to the one in london (aledgedly)
Old 26-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

To be fair the BBC did give it a full and measured coverage even including a photo of 16 bikers on a protest ride..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-15053649

John.
Old 26-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
could be did you know that the forces gave all the gays in the forces travel warrents & spending money to go to the one in london (aledgedly)
So I take it everyone in the forces was an uphill gardener for the day..

John.
Old 26-09-2011, 08:36 PM
Chat Slapper

Apparently the local plod forced some of the bikes of the main A1 as they were going too slow. Next time I'm in a traffic jam I'm going to ring them and insist they remove any car that's not doing 40 MPH
Old 26-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Quote:
Apparently the local plod forced some of the bikes of the main A1 as they were going too slow. Next time I'm in a traffic jam I'm going to ring them and insist they remove any car that's not doing 40 MPH
Depends how the bikes was sitting in the lanes.
Across both lanes and its an obstruction illegal and also not what MAG advised
Old 26-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
You might ask them to remove those roadworks speed limits as well..

Gonna be a cold day in hell before they take any notice though..

John.
Old 27-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Billy No Mates (only virtual ones!)

well i lead the Reading Run - sat the 125 at 40mph on it's speedo and other than slowing slightly at J11 & J10 to allow joining traffic to get in front of us I sat dead on that speed from the services to J8/9 we had about 500 bikes and having watched the vids http://www.youtube.com/watch?edit=ev...&v=p_hf0QsqenQ I can no mucking around or outside lane blocking but we still got shit on the 2 local paper websites (suspiciously by what looks like the same person using different names and slightly different details but the same language) almost like internet trolls had been planted to discredit any stories. The guy claims to own a zx6r but be appaled by wheeling bikes and trikes in the run and to have been held up at both the M32/M4 junction and M3/M27 neither of which is near Reading and i can't think of any journey that would bo through both those points near simultaneously but have you reading a Reading newspaper. http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/ne...-slow-protest/