100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums

Go Back   100% Biker & Trike Magazine Forums > 100% Biker > Down The Pub

Notices

Old 25-09-2011, 11:35 PM
Super Moderator

Default Copied from another site.

All started fine, we left the Milton services on the A34 heading south towards Newbury. Everyone was riding calmly and I saw no showboating. When we were just past Newbury, some guys had ventured into the fast lane of the dual carriageway. This frustrated one particular driver who was in a Red 4x4. This guy was weaving in and out of the bikes to try and get past, showing little regard for any of the bikes.

The 4x4 was about 50 metres in front of me and in the fast lane. Suddenly, it accelerated across into the slow lane and slammed straight into the back of a sportsbike. I saw the front wheel of the bike appear over the top of the 4x4 which then carried on and ended up perched on top of the bike. Absolute mayhem followed, I put my hazzard lights on and then pulled upon the hard shoulder on the inside of the 4x4 and bike. The rider was up and had the drivers door open and a fight followed. The window of the 4x4 got smashed, and punches were flying - to say that the rider was p*ssed off is the biggest understatement.
All emflamed by a woman jumping out a car saying that she was an ex policewoman and shouting orders at everyone

I tried to calm things down, but to no avail. I left the scene with a couple of other guys and came home. I think that this ride will get publicity for all of the wrong reasons. If someone came and slammed into the back of me, how would I react? I do not know, was the driver acting dangerously? yes.

I have called the police and offered myself forward as a witness if needed.
Old 26-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Talk, Type, Breath, Talk, Type, Breath....

Ride like a fucking idiot, get treated like a fucking idiot.

Statement from MAG:
"This is a legitimate, peaceful protest, not a blockade, the outer lane will be left clear for other traffic, ride responsibly and take care of other road users. We will not block the width of the highway, because that is obstruction and anyway it'll have far more impact in the minds of motorists as they all get to slowly pass and see the spectacle, rather than just the first 4 cars back seeing that there are bikes in front."
Old 26-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Chat Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taff View Post
Ride like a fucking idiot, get treated like a fucking idiot.

Statement from MAG:
"This is a legitimate, peaceful protest, not a blockade, the outer lane will be left clear for other traffic, ride responsibly and take care of other road users. We will not block the width of the highway, because that is obstruction and anyway it'll have far more impact in the minds of motorists as they all get to slowly pass and see the spectacle, rather than just the first 4 cars back seeing that there are bikes in front."
The sportsbike that got hit was in the inside lane! He wasn't doing anything other than riding at a speed that is permitted. He wasn't impeding the 4x4's progress. Seems to me like he was entirely the innocent party!
Old 26-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Jedi Chat Master

Yeah and the 4x4 was weaving in and out cos some dipshit took it on himself to block the outside lane against advice. Sounds like the driver was ultimately at fault but the whole thing was instigated by the bad ass rider creating his own rolling road block. My sympathies to the poor fucker that took it up the arse.

Saying that, on the Durham run the cops blocked all three lanes for no apparent reason when we joined the A1(M)